Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Dash Cam at present?

Options
  • 06-01-2014 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

One of my iTronics ITB100HD cameras is acting up on me, I bought it from eBay, it was shipped from Thaiwan or somewhere and I think I've feck all chance of returning it so am in the market for a new one. It was one of the best on the market at the time of purchase and looking for something of equal or better high quality, cheaper if possible and shipped with a warranty within the EU.

My requirements I guess are simple enough, the essentials are:

*1080 recording at least
    *Great night quality
    *Great frame rate for number plate recognition
    *I guess a wide view lens for the same reason.
    *G sensor
    *GPS with separate speed reading (i.e, not embedded into the video itself, but read via software)
    *Emergency button or shock files which can't be overwritten
    *Adjustable Sensitivity(I don't think vans are renowned for suspension)
    *High quality build, sold and warranty returnable within the EU (no customs etc)
    *Discreet

Existing technology but probably not in any dash cams?:

*GPS tracking (I can view where my vans are remotely)
    *Video feed (I can see what my vans see remotely!)
    *Built in rechargeable battery (charged when vehicle in use, uses its own battery while parking so not to interfere with and drain the vehicle battery)
    *Bluetooth (sync video files and watch on phone if at the scene of an accident)
    *Mirror attachment sold separately (custom shape rear view designed specifically so camera can slot into it and be completely hidden from view)

Would anyone have suggestions for these requirements at all please? I'd ideally want one with a good review history and reputation. Any feedback appreciated :)

Comments

Advertisement