Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran - Dublin & Belfast Dates - October 2014

Options
  • 06-01-2014 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Grammy-nominated, multi-platinum selling, Madison Square Garden conquering singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran has announced his return to the UK/Ireland for his first headline tour since Autumn 2012. He'll play The O2 Dublin on Monday 6 October and Odyssey Arena, Belfast on Wednesday 8 October 2014. Tickets on sale this Friday, 10 January at 9am.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭SusanneKn

Has anyone an idea how much the tickets are?
    Just checked ticketmaster but couldn't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

SusanneKn wrote: »
    Has anyone an idea how much the tickets are?
    Just checked ticketmaster but couldn't find it.

€42.55

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Stuck in the holding space for presale, not looking good.

Her cousin was just saying that she's been flooded with messages on Facebook asking her if she can get people tickets. These messages are mainly from people she barely knows. This was her response:

https://www.facebook.com/laura.a.sheeran/posts/10152131645318966

"I logged in to FB, saw a ton of unread messages. 'Ooh, exciting!', says I. Then I remembered that they announced an Ed Sheeran gig for the O2 yesterday most of the messages read something like this: 'Hey Laura, how are you? haven't chatted in ages but I was Just wondering if there's ANY chance........"

So I'm just putting it out there now, for everyone. No I'm afraid I can't get you free tickets, backstage passes, a meet'n'greet, an autograph, a shout out from the stage, a song dedicated to you..... nor can I tell you where he will be staying or when his plane arrives (they were the two weirdest ones)

I have no powers in these matters whatsoever. However, if you would like to go to the show, there are still tickets on sale as far as I know so you should buy some before it sells out. They are cheap as chips compared to most O2 gigs (think they start at €35?) and if you like his music I would encourage you, like with all artists, to support him!"

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Forced to buy 4 or 8 tickets, no pairs? Da fuq MCD?

• Advertisement

That's strange. The TM page says 4 is the maximum for the pre-sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭corkonion

just bought 3

• Registered Users Posts: 49 CantonaGod

Would I be correct in saying the last time Ed Sheeran played the O2 two extra nights were added once the initial night sold out??
    Whilst I am sure there will be huge demand, Monday night not good for alot of his fan base i.e my 15 yr old. Whats the chance of monday selling out and a weekend night being added?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

CantonaGod wrote: »
    Would I be correct in saying the last time Ed Sheeran played the O2 two extra nights were added once the initial night sold out??
    Whilst I am sure there will be huge demand, Monday night not good for alot of his fan base i.e my 15 yr old. Whats the chance of monday selling out and a weekend night being added?

I'd say the Sat & Sun will be added, the tuesday will be a travel day, wed in Belfast with an extra added on the Thurs before heading over to the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

corkonion wrote: »
    just bought 3

how can you buy them if not on sale yet??

• Advertisement

how can you buy them if not on sale yet??

There was an O2 pre-sale. All O2 customers can request a code that gives them access to a pre-sale for events at the O2:

http://blueroom.o2online.ie

JJ wrote: »
    There was an O2 pre-sale. All O2 customers can request a code that gives them access to a pre-sale for events at the O2:

http://blueroom.o2online.ie
    Cheers
    only seems to be crap seats high at the back available
    Block K???

maybe worth waiting for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭B_Rabbit

Will it sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I'd imagine so and very fast

Surprise surprise, an extra date has already been added:

https://www.facebook.com/TicketmasterIE/posts/10151769554351503

got mine on the new date,

As expected, the third date is on sale now.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Paddysniper

Is that the norm? Selling out the announced date then selling tickets for dates before the originally announced date?

Promoters will do as they please sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Is that the norm? Selling out the announced date then selling tickets for dates before the originally announced date?

its extremely clever monday may have been a hard day to sell and sat will get the crowd that might go but not on a monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,615 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So are all 3 dates for O2 Dublin sold out?

Saturday still has loads of availability.

Sunday all good seats gone and all standing gone. Monday completely sold out.

All standing tickets for all dates now sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,615 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2014/0502/614896-ed-sheeran-to-play-surprise-dublin-gig-in-may/

Ed Sheeran will be treating fans to a series of surprise gigs on Monday May 5th to promote his new album x.
    The 23-year-old star will perform in Dublin, Ipswich and London in yet-to-be-named venues early next week.
    Ed will be playing material from his upcoming album which will be released on June 20th.
    The Dublin gig will be streamed live from 9:30pm on his official website www.edsheeran.com/MultipyEd.
    Fans can also join in the fun using the hashtag #MultiplyEd on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

how much are the tickets tomorrow? can't find the details

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

123 LC wrote: »
    how much are the tickets tomorrow? can't find the details

would imagine theyre the same price as the other 3 dates, think I paid around €46 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Got my ticket this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

would imagine theyre the same price as the other 3 dates, think I paid around €46 or so

I paid €51 online

Stupid ticketmaster and their charging you of the " privilege " of buying a ticket off them ! :rolleyes:

Advertisement