Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excellent book

• 06-01-2014 11:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭

Ive just finished reading a really interesting book by John Bradshaw called "In defence of Dogs: why dogs need our understanding"
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/014104649X/ref=sr_cr_hist_5?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addFiveStar&showViewpoints=0

hes a biologist who founded the Anthrozoology Institute, and has been studying dogs for over 25 years - he debunks the whole wolf pack and dominance theory etc. If anyone would like it, send me your address by PM, and maybe you would then pass it on to someone else on BOARDS.IE?
    (Mods please delete if this is not allowed, with my apologies)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

His latest book, on the domestic cat, is brilliant too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

I'm actually in the middle of reading this book presently. The first 2/3 chapters were quite heavy reading, after that they have been really good.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

book posted to Mince Pie - she will send it on to anyone who requests it when shes finished :) Im going to order his CATS book - he is an academic so his style is a bit dry, but the content is excellent and very well explained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Thanks so much and I'll be more than happy to post it along once I've read it. (I'm a bit worried I'm going to struggle, sounds heavy)
    cheers aonb

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭puppieperson

Hi Mince pie I would love to read it when you are finished let me know. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Hi Mince pie I would love to read it when you are finished let me know. thanks

No worries, will send you a ping to get your address once I'm ready to post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭puppieperson

whats a ping and how do you PM a person?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

"Cat Sense" is more readable, for sure. I loved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

whats a ping and how do you PM a person?

Click on the persons username and "send private message" ;)

a2rl.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

I just got the Kindle edition of Cat Sense from amazon.com for $13.08 (Its £13.20 on Amazon.co.uk). It looks extremely interesting and I am looking forward to reading it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement