Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you completed? 2014 Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ZeroBarry

Knack, Contrast, Resogun, Battlefield 4, Broken Sword 5 (PC), The Emerald Maiden: Symphony of Dreams Collectors Edition (PC) and Hitman: Absolution. So I'm off to a good start.

I'll be picking up on Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition at the end of this month but I have to try and finish Killzone Shadowfall and probably another game before then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

finished both story dlcs for dishonored. the knife of dunwall and the brigamore witches. dunwall was the better of the two although could maybe have done with just one more level. brigamore was pretty fun I guess although I got kinda bored towards the end

definitely worthy additions to an already excellent game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Just bet Bioshock infinite , as a big fan of the series i didnt like the combat this time around but it was saved by the great story. I wrote some of the plots in my notepad to see if i was right about the story and could not believe i was about 97% right one or two things near the end caught me off guard but it was easy then to slip things into place.

9/10

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Zelda a link between world's 3ds
    Mario kart 7 3ds
    Luigis mansion dark moon 3ds

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I beat Professor Layton and Pandora's Box. Good game. Now I feel like I need to pick up the third game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm adding to my list for 2014.

Guacamelee [PS VITA]
    The Last of Us [PS3]
    Zelda: A Link Between Worlds [3DS]

Adding:

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag [PS4] - a really excellent game. I really enjoyed ACIII last year but this is the better game. And playing on the PS4 is so good because an AC game has never run this smoothly before. Still found the occasional glitch which cause me to restart missions but apart from that it was very solid. Sitting at about 55% complete but won't be going for the 100%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

So far this year:

Remember Me
    Bioshock Infinite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

PS3

GTA V (mostly played in 2013)
    Rain

Adding:
    Remember Me

just finished bioshock 1

so long since I played this huge chunks of it were as new, I remembered sweet bugger all of the later parts of the game which was a huge plus as I got to experience it all again. Ridiculously great game, can't believe it's only six years old. I think I enjoyed it more this time than my first two because I've played system shock 2 now so the whole experience was kind of nostalgic even when I couldn't remember the levels I was on.

was going to play bioshock 2 next but tempted to give SS2 another run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Dark Souls and Dishonored. Both brilliant games in fact I might go finish them again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Finally finished DmC, good craic.

Now I think it's time to tackle Ico

bioshock 2

meeeeeeeehh

starts off bad, so boring. middle is actually great fun and felt a lot like bioshock 1 and the ending was such a ****ing irritating slog i had to force myself to finish it. even on hardest it was far too easy a game, it threw first aid kits ammo and eve hypos at you at every possibly opportunity. I'd get down to only 1 med kit after the very occasional large fight but within 20 seconds I'd have found 5 more in my immediate vicinity.

i was actually feeling very positive about the game until the last couple of levels..maybe it would have been more pleasant overall if sofia and eleanor lamb would occasionally shut the **** up. At the end it's just dissapointing, not very good not terribly bad..just bland and vaguely irritating.. like eleanor lamb.

-edit

holy ****, the game was only release 3 odd years ago? It feels like so much longer

--edit

balls I forgot all about minervas den.

Zelda wind waker hd : amazing game , toon link ftw

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Minervas den is great but it's worth taking a break before you go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Just finished The Last of Us. I may as well pack it in now, can't imagine ever playing another game that great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Zelda Twilight Princess. Played half of it years ago so went back to finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Borderlands 2 with commando, working through as a sniper now with added DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Finally finished Bastion, great game. One of the best soundtracks I've ever heard. Great style and classic gameplay

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Finished X-Com enemy unknown. That was a slog!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm adding to my list for 2014.

Guacamelee [PS VITA]
    The Last of Us [PS3]
    Zelda: A Link Between Worlds [3DS]
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Adding:

Ratchet & Clank: Nexus [PS3] - Better than recent entries in the series but too short and buggy to be on a level with A Crack in Time or Tools of Destruction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Far cry 3 story just done. Might try get into Red dead now

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Tearaway and The Walking Dead Season 1.

I'm still trying to finish Guacamelee, but that last boss is destroying me every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Finished Knack and call of duty ghosts on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just 3DS games at the moment! Just finished Luigis Mansion 2. Starting on Fire Emblem now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Ok so I've had the flu all weekend so have had some time to do some damage to single player games.
    Outlast and for my pain Aliens Colonial Marines.
    I actually enjoyed Colonial Marines towards the end..Even if the AI and Story sucked. But for 1.99 you can't go wrong.

Now it's time to get into Tomb Raider.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Zelda a link between world's 3ds
    Mario kart 7 3ds
    Luigis mansion dark moon 3ds
    Battlefield 4 Xbox 360

• Registered Users Posts: 3,583 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Just finished Vanquish for the 360

The story was very bland, but picked up towards the end, gameplay was fantastic though. All the boosting and time distortion really make it unique for a 3rd person cover-based shooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Finished Tomb Raider and Luigis Mansion 2 in the past week or so.

Now the eternal problem of "what do I start now?"

Fire Emblem Awakening: One of the greatest games I have ever played it , took a bloody year to finish aswell , cannot wait for a future sequel If there be ever one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Finished two games so far this year, both on my Nexus 7:

- Swordigo: cool little platformer, worked well on the tablet
    - The Room: puzzle game that everyone seems to have played!

Into the last level of Guacamelee on the PC and probably 2/3rds through Kingdom Rush on the tablet.

Advertisement