Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you completed? 2014 Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm adding to my list for 2014.

Guacamelee [PS VITA]
    The Last of Us [PS3]
    Zelda: A Link Between Worlds [3DS]
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag [PS4]
    Ratchet & Clank: Nexus [PS3]
    DmC [PS3]
    Luigi's Mansion 2 [3DS]
    Mass Effect 3: Leviathan [PS3]
    Mass Effect 3: Citadel [PS3]
    Battlefield 4 [PS4]
    Strider [PS4]
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons [PS3]
    Steamworld Dig [VITA]
    Fez [PS VITA]
    inFAMOUS Second Son [PS4]
    PES 3D [3DS]
    Puppeteer [PS3]
    Mickey Mouse: Castle of Illusion [PS3]

Adding:
    Kirby Triple Deluxe [3DS] - A pretty enjoyable platformer that is a little bit too easy for its own good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'm terrible for completing games. I tend to play them to about 70% and then get distracted by something new and shiny. But so far this year I have managed to complete:
    • GTAV [PS3]
    • Spec Ops: The Line [PC]
    • Mass Effect 2 [PC]

I'm in to Mass Effect 3 now and I am pretty certain I will finish it - fabulous game so far.

And now:
    • Mass Effect 3 [PC]

I don't really have the motivation to play anything else now. Mass Effect 3 sort of did its thing and then dropped the mic. Feels like anything else will be a let down after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Finished Max Payne 3 at the weekend, bought it around christmas time in a sale for €3, and played a little bit but lost interest about halfway through.

made a push on it over the weekend and I reckon its a contender for my favourite Rockstar game behind GTA Vice city. maybe I was just in the form for it, but I just felt that the graphics, gameplay, writing and voice acting combined to make it something really special.

Finished Max Payne 3 at the weekend, bought it around christmas time in a sale for €3, and played a little bit but lost interest about halfway through.

made a push on it over the weekend and I reckon its a contender for my favourite Rockstar game behind GTA Vice city. maybe I was just in the form for it, but I just felt that the graphics, gameplay, writing and voice acting combined to make it something really special.

I must do this myself. I'm in the same boat, picked it up for nothing last year, played a bit and then left it. Keep meaning to go back.

Guacamelee [PS VITA]
    The Last of Us [PS3]
    DmC [PS3]
    Luigi's Mansion 2 [3DS]
    Battlefield 4 [PS4]
    Strider [PS4]
    Steamworld Dig [VITA]
    Fez [PS VITA]
    PES 3D [3DS]
    Puppeteer [PS3]
    Kirby Triple Deluxe [3DS]

Adding:
    Injustice - Gods Among Us [PS4] - I really enjoyed the story mode. So amazingly over the top.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Spec Ops ( Ps3 )
    Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes (Ps4 )
    South Park The Stick Of Truth ( Ps3 )
    DarkSiders (Ps3)

Currently Playing through

Mario Kart 8
    Deadly Premonition
    Final Fantasy 4

I'm terrible for completing games. I tend to play them to about 70% and then get distracted by something new and shiny. But so far this year I have managed to complete:
    • GTAV [PS3]
    • Mass Effect 2 [PC]
    • Mass Effect 3 [PC]
    • Max Payne 3 [PC]

Updated! Trying to decide what to do next. Considering Dragon Age 2 perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭FarOn

GTA V
    Max Payne 3
    La Noire
    Dishonored

• Registered Users Posts: 35 luckyluke87

all ps3 or vita all plat or 100%
    aaab animals (one of the hardest 100% ;)
    bf:bc 2
    gta 4 plat after 5 years(much worst to plat then gta5)
    walking dead
    god of war 1 vita (challenge 10 ohhh)
    god of war 2 vita +ps3
    unit 13 (very nice game)
    minecraft
    csi fatal conspiracy
    resistance burning skies (6 hours plat :)
    sniper elite v2 (love it)
    infamous 1 + festival of blood
    alien breed 1 + vita version (love it too)
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
    Machinarium
    back to the future episode 1,2,3 (soon 4,5)
    Bf4 (easy plat)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

So far this year i've finished:

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
    State Of Decay
    Braid
    The Darkness 2
    Dust
    The Bridge
    Psychonauts
    Oddworld: Strangers Wrath
    Bastion
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown
    Guacamelee
    The Novelist
    Space Marine
    Lego Lord of the Rings
    Fez
    Mark of the Ninja

All from my Steam backlog. Told myself at the start of the year i'd resolve to complete more of my Steam games and i'm happy with my progress so far.

Can add Botanicula and Metro Last Light to that list. Tried to play through Sonic Generations but my god, the controls in that game are awful. That and the terrible camera angles just gave me the most infuriating experience i've had with a game in a long while. Had to give up on it to preserve my sanity.

• Advertisement

• GTAV [PS3]
    • Mass Effect 2 [PC]
    • Mass Effect 3 [PC]
    • Max Payne 3 [PC]
    • Dead Space 2 [PC]

Nearly finished Dead Space 3 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I'm adding to my list of 2014:

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

..that's the list. Took 27 hours mind you :pac:

Have to finish Skyrim sometime. 80 hours on that so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 A pint o Guinness

BF4 campaign (pretty bad did it for the MP guns)
    Assassins Creed 4 was probably the only decent one I've played since 2
    Getting watchdogs in the post tomorrow so looking forward to that.

Guacamelee [PS VITA]
    The Last of Us [PS3]
    DmC [PS3]
    Luigi's Mansion 2 [3DS]
    Battlefield 4 [PS4]
    Strider [PS4]
    Steamworld Dig [VITA]
    Fez [PS VITA]
    PES 3D [3DS]
    Puppeteer [PS3]
    Kirby Triple Deluxe [3DS]
    Injustice - Gods Among Us [PS4]

Adding:
    Trine 2 [PS4]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Finished:

Super Time Force and Murdered: Soul Suspect both a welcome change of pace, would thoroughly recommend both when they are cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

games finished this year (xbox 360)
    The simpsons game
    Dead island riptide
    Resident evil revelations
    Resident evil operation raccoon city
    Dark messiah might and magic element
    Dungeon siege 3

game i want to complete this year:
    Hitman contracts, blood money and absolution
    Dark souls 2
    Bulletstorm
    Max payne 3
    Dead space 3
    Fear 3
    Silent hill hd collection
    Enslaved
    Xmen origins wolverine

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Tomb Raider DE
    Infamous SS
    Fear
    Metro Lastlight
    Dreadout
    Cursed forest
    Condemned criminal origins
    Outlast whistleblower
    Wolfenstein
    The Suffering.
    Among the Sleep.

Been quite a good few weeks in regards gaming and getting things done.

Started and finished Return to Castle Wolfenstein over a day or so and afterward jumped right into Wolfenstein 2009 and the differences were obvious from the get go. The difficulty level between the two is night and day. On it's hardest setting RTCW is an unforgivingly old school shooter that if you're not careful will leave you facing a boss with no way to beat them. Death is frequent and often feels unfair, it's a game that that simply wouldn't be made these days as there is no hand holding or prompts. You're dumped into the game and told to survive. Finishing it was incredibly satisfying though not an experience I'm in any hurry to repeat anytime soon.

Wolfenstein 2009 is fantastic fun but even on it's hardest setting it's too easy. I breezed through the game in a few sittings and never once felt like I was being challenged. There's some great ideas in play but it all feels so slight when compared to what came before.

After Wolfenstein it was straight into The New Order which is the gaming surprise of the year if not much longer. It's a lovingly crafted shooter with the emphasis on skill rather than dumb run and gun. It's a game which is challenging but never unfairly so, on it's highest difficulty setting it's fun and there is no sense that the game is balanced unfairly against you. What really makes it such a gem is the love that has gone into crafting the game, the mental institute cut scene is absolutely gorgeous and the Deathshead scene before it really hits home. This isn't a game to throw on and go mad killing Nazi scum, well it is but at the same time it's clear that the developers have much more going on and it's a game I'll revisit again.

Started a replay of Bioshock Infinite awhile back and after my Wolfenstein marathon decided to finish it. Really enjoyed replaying it though even on it's hardest difficulty setting it's not all that of a challenge. It's a game where the story really holds everything together and a number of the set pieces suffer from being too familiar. Straight on the DLC now and then onto Murdered: Soul Suspect

• Registered Users Posts: 20 A pint o Guinness

Bf4 (easy plat)
    Except for when the trophys don't unlock after you do everything for the 10th time.
    I would have it by now but the trophy for having all the campaign assignments wouldn't pop and the save got deleted by that bug again, typical EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death.
    7 hour game for only 99c. Bargain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Completed Heavy Rain last night ....not sure how I feel about it. One big Quick time event with an OK story that was a bit all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Finished Watch Dogs last night truly terrible game with some awful characters in it. A short story with millions of collectibles and side missions. Usual from Ubisoft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Beat Zelda: A Link Between Worlds the other day. I thought it was very very good.

Finished bulletstorm, overall a good game but nothing special your basic fps with a few unique extras

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Hococop wrote: »
    Finished bulletstorm, overall a good game but nothing special your basic fps with a few unique extras

Think youre being a tad harsh there. I had a blast with it. Nice looking game, good humour and interesting gameplay.

Finished both episodes of Burial at Sea and really enjoyed them. It's what all DLC should strive to be, bit size chunks of gaming which do something a little different to the base game. The stealth aspect is hardly groundbreaking but it was fun and offered a different challenge than what we've come to expect and the manner in which the story tied into the events of the first game was a masterstroke.

With a third game supposedly in the works I'm not sure where they are going to go with it as the ending here was perfect. We came full circle and so many questions that we had were answered.

Think youre being a tad harsh there. I had a blast with it. Nice looking game, good humour and interesting gameplay.

dont get me wrong it had great visuals and humor but for me it just felt like any other fps with a few nice unique extras (kill skills etc) but thats just my opinion

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Tearaway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Not many this year at all, i'm afraid.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
    Metal Gear Solid
    Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
    Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops

I didn't want to like COD4 when i played it at a friends, and there's some stuff i really don't like but i found it pretty enjoyable, certainly enough to pick up the three of them for myself and finish them (though i didn't think they's be so short)

Advanced Warfighter was a great game though. loved everything about it except the difficulty!

and sure, MGS is MGS. Portable Ops actually took the longest because it was such a pain in the arse getting used to the PSP controls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Games finished this year:

Ryse
    Black Flag
    Peggle 2
    Trials Fusion

Advertisement