Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Fencing - what should I use?

• 06-01-2014 11:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a raised lawn at the back of my house and a steep bank at the front. I want to fence them off for safety reasons. However I would like a maintenance free solution. I dont want the thing to rot or have to be painted every year.

Has anyone got any experience/advice on this, possibly vinyl/plastic fencing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi
    came across this company on web. Plastic fencing
    Sales Enquiries

Tel: 057-9332294 Mon-Fri 8am -5pm
    Tel: 057-9332294 Sat 10am -4pm
    Fax: 057-9332900
    fencing@shanette.ie
    Enquiries

Shanette Fencing,
    Tullamore Road,
    Kilbeggan,
    Co. Westmeath.
    NW

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭oisinbutler

Loobz wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a raised lawn at the back of my house and a steep bank at the front. I want to fence them off for safety reasons. However I would like a maintenance free solution. I dont want the thing to rot or have to be painted every year.

Has anyone got any experience/advice on this, possibly vinyl/plastic fencing?

You can use wood too and just soak it in creosote. It will last for years before needing a recoat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

I recently got some pvc fencing done in my garden and I have to say I am very happy with it. The company I used did not come in as the cheapest but they dealt with me in a professional courteous manner right from the start, and Im really glad I went with them. Their competitor was slightly cheaper but I didnt like the colours of their fencing as much and funnily enough, in these recessionary times, the owner was rude to me on the phone acting like I was bothering him asking about his product. I did compare different kinds of fencing and the product I got is what I was looking for. No maintenance at all ever, gives great privacy and it was put up with care and attention. It really brightens the place and now plants look great growing in front of it. The fence has been in place a few weeks and it has stood up to those recent high winds no problem, so Im well pleased.
    This is a photo of the kind of fence I got.

1-8m-high-privacy-fence-tan-colour.jpg

http://www.maintenancefree.ie/pvc-fencing.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,461 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Ambersky wrote: »
    I recently got some pvc fencing done in my garden and I have to say I am very happy with it. The company I used did not come in as the cheapest but they dealt with me in a professional courteous manner right from the start, and Im really glad I went with them. Their competitor was slightly cheaper but I didnt like the colours of their fencing as much and funnily enough, in these recessionary times, the owner was rude to me on the phone acting like I was bothering him asking about his product. I did compare different kinds of fencing and the product I got is what I was looking for. No maintenance at all ever, gives great privacy and it was put up with care and attention. It really brightens the place and now plants look great growing in front of it. The fence has been in place a few weeks and it has stood up to those recent high winds no problem, so Im well pleased.

1-8m-high-privacy-fence-tan-colour.jpg

http://www.maintenancefree.ie/pvc-fencing.html

Looks great, was thinking along similar lines myself. How tall is that fencing? How much did they charge for installation roughly?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

The fencing is 2meters high and I cant remember installation charge. It would be different in every case though. In my case they took down and took away an 8ft hedge and a wooden fence as well as specially making a gate for an awkward corner along with putting up the fence.
    Its an expensive way to fence a garden no doubt, most other methods would be cheaper but sometimes you just have to pay for what you want and to get it right. You can phone Garry to discuss pricing by calling number on this link http://http://www.maintenancefree.ie/contact.html
    I imagine you could buy the fencing and install it yourself if you were handy like that, Im not, so I just got the job done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭fiacha

Has anyone else used the maintenancefree.ie fencing ?

I'm looking to put low picket fencing in the front garden. Just wondering how happy people are with the product after living with it for a while.

Thanks,
    A.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

fiacha wrote: »
    Has anyone else used the maintenancefree.ie fencing ?

I'm looking to put low picket fencing in the front garden. Just wondering how happy people are with the product after living with it for a while.

Thanks,
    A.

Hi All,

Their products look good, anyone else try these guys?

Advertisement