Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting Strength in One Escape

• 06-01-2014 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Hi lads,

I'm planning to begin the Starting Strength program.

I have a membership in One Escape in Smithfield, and was wondering if you guys can suggest a good trainer for SS? I've never lifted before, so I want to make sure that my technique is correct (or at the very least on the right track)

Or are there any members willing to give a newbie some advice on proper technique? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Squat-
    Head up, chest up, back straight, sit down, keep the knees from falling in, control descent, fast up.

Bench-
    Feet on the floor, arse on the bench, shoulder blades together and down, big chest, controlled pull down, fast press up.

Deadlift-
    Head up, chest up, back straight, grip and rip (don't really rip, squeeze off the floor).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,173 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

On both the DL and squat, trying to drive through the heels while lifting will pick up a lot of lifting errors.

Advertisement