Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain 160 L Aquarium?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lemon_Drop

That looks like a great price.
    I have been looking at a Jewel Rio 180 and that cost €400, Plus a free stand valued at €200
    The Jewel Rio 125 was €300 Plus the free stand.
    Both are costly compared to your tank.

Then again, I only looked in one place.
    No harm to try the second hand market also, lots of tanks on Adverts.ie and Donedeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Seems like a good price for what you are getting. Go for it! Sell the 90 litre which will make it even cheaper.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Bought the tank, last one in the shop. Heavy yoke too! I've the stand built as of last night (woeful instructions) and am going to start the change over this evening.

From my searches, it seems that most of the beneficial bacteria is in the filter. I'm leaving the old gravel, and putting in new washed sand. I plan on draining the old tank, fish in large(ish) bucket, and moving it out of the way. Put fish back in old tank. Position new tank, insert sand, dechlorinated water, heater, new filter, and wait for it to get up to operating temperature. I'd imagine that might take a while.

Once it's at the right temperature, transfer the fish, decorations (they have bacteria too) and old filter. Keep the old filter running with the new one for a couple of weeks, until the new filters have grown their old.

Sell old tank.

Profit?! :-)

I've only a small few fish now. 5 tiger barbs. A ancistrus (sp?) and a assasin snail.

Advertisement