Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Manor across the road from stephenston pond

Options
  • 06-01-2014 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

I want to go in and take some photographs of it and the surrounding area does anyone know if the public have permission to enter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

No- you'd need to get permission from the owners.
    I was there a couple of years back - it's in a pretty bad way, and fairly dangerous to enter the building I'd say...
    Some info on this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Onesimus wrote: »
    I want to go in and take some photographs of it and the surrounding area does anyone know if the public have permission to enter?

A bit of local enquiring will get you the owners name.

It's well worth the look though if you can get up there. I imagine with the current weather though it would be a bad idea. She's not in the best condition.

And it's called Stephenstown House :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

MugMugs wrote: »
    A bit of local enquiring will get you the owners name.

It's well worth the look though if you can get up there. I imagine with the current weather though it would be a bad idea. She's not in the best condition.

And it's called Stephenstown House :)

Thanks have you any idea where to begin looking for the owner? I thought it didn't have an owner? Thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

The field does have an owner. Go to the vicinity and ask local residents. It would be unkind of me to give you his name. I asked a passing local one day and found out in a matter of minutes.

Be warned however that he is not very favourable to "explorers"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

ask in the coffee shop in stephenstown pond

• Advertisement
Advertisement