Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2013 - 2014 Playoffs: Divisional Weekend Games

1151617181921»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Panthers
    Disgraceful coverage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

can't believe he got that open

could be the game

Panthers
    Paully D wrote: »
    That's the game. Horrendous defense.

Yep, they had them stopped. Cant blame anyone but themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Chargers
    That's hopefully the game there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭polaris68

Panthers
    Criminal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Panthers
    Fair play to SD for making it interesting in the end! Few people are going to be shocked when they wake up in the morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Panthers
    Why call a time out on 2:02 remaining? Basically giving the Broncos a free pass!!

Panthers
    This one is basically in the books folks, good rally from the Chargers, but they just look like a spent team after the last few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Chargers
    SantryRed wrote: »
    Why call a time out on 2:02 remaining? Basically giving the Broncos a free pass!!

How?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭dragon12

Panthers

Yep, saving 2 seconds with their final timeout is pretty stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

kryogen wrote: »
    This one is basically in the books folks, good rally from the Chargers, but they just look like a spent team after the last few weeks

Too little too late... No shame in losing to Denver at Mile High I suppose... Go on and win the SuperBolw Denver. At least then we will have lost to the best :D

Chargers
    Calling the timeout at that time saves 2 more seconds than calling it later I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Game and that brings to an end a disappointing divisional weekend. Although in saying that we've got the two outstanding championship game match-ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Panthers
    matthew8 wrote: »
    Calling the timeout at that time saves 2 more seconds than calling it later I think.

Once the clock hits 2:00, it's the 2 minute warning, a passing play is going to take 2 seconds minimum, so it's basically the same as running the ball, as the clock is going to stop regardless.

Chargers
    Once the clock hits 2:00, it's the 2 minute warning, a passing play is going to take 2 seconds minimum, so it's basically the same as running the ball, as the clock is going to stop regardless.

I suppose, but a pass isn't too likely there and even when it is a pass it's just something so high percentage it's essentially a run, like the one they threw.

Pretty poor weekend of football. 3/4 teams I wanted to win lost...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Chargers
    Probably no bad thing that SD gave us a shot in the arse in the 4th. We should have put that to bed a long time ago.

Not overly confident of the NE game but really looking forward to it.

Panthers
    Gonna be a big ask to go to Mile High and come away with a W

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Panthers
    Kevin just called Peyton Tom Brady....things like that annoy me about him at times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Panthers
    Peyton Manning - One and Won ;)
    Chalk it fuuping down analysts :)

/oh and welcome to Mile High Patriots, we'll see ye next weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭polaris68

Panthers
    Got 3 of my 4 selections correct in the poll. Thought that Luck would do something special against the Pats but got that wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Peyton-Manning-Thumbs-Up-Broncos.gif
    YEAHHH BUDDDYYY
    :D:D

Panthers
    Oh yeah they poll, is it closed? Got em all right, showing how little surprises there were this weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Panthers
    spiralism wrote: »
    Peyton-Manning-Thumbs-Up-Broncos.gif
    YEAHHH BUDDDYYY
    :D:D

1288822499860.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

1288822499860.gif

833210094.gif?1389569803

Xoy0VAd.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

1288822499860.gif

Our killer instinct can be really lacking at times. Chargers have been like a drunk co-ed tonight, just there to be rode and we've just lacked the drive to **** them!

Bloody hell, steady on, that's rather graphic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Poor enough games this weekend, hopefully next weeks championship games will be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Petulant throughout but man I love me some Philip Rivers. The man just hates losing.

Been a remarkable season for him too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Panthers
    SameOleJay wrote: »
    Petulant throughout but man I love me some Philip Rivers. The man just hates losing.

Its clear that he absolutely loves the game. Just wears his heart on his sleeve and is a real emotional guy.

Can't remember the game, but near the latter weeks of the regular season, he was brought into NFL studio after the game to talk to the analysts. He was on a high after winning and his happiness was just infectious.

Teammates always seem to speak highly of him too.

Great 1st season under the new OC and playbook scheme, and it really got the best out of Rivers and his game. Getting the ball out quickly and utilizing the likes of Woodhead.

Considering how well they did straight off the bat, and only got better (winning last 5 of regular season), they should only improve.

I say should, as this is the NFL and as we all know, its batshit crazy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Can't remember the game, but near the latter weeks of the regular season, he was brought into NFL studio after the game to talk to the analysts. He was on a high after winning and his happiness was just infectious.

At Denver. Was a lot fun to watch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Panthers
    3/4 this week and 7/8 for the playoffs so far. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Panthers
    adrian522 wrote: »
    3/4 this week and 7/8 for the playoffs so far. :cool:

I'm opposite to you.

4/4 this week, but 7/8 overall.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Broncos
    Feel sorry for Phillip Rivers. He looked really great last night in the final qtr.

Keenan Allen is surely the rookie of the year though? What a potential star he is!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Panthers
    I like Allen, but I think they will give the award to Eddie Lacy.

adrian522 wrote: »
    I like Allen, but I think they will give the award to Eddie Lacy.

I disagree... I think Allen's numbers this season are more impressive then Lacy. Albeit a 1000 yrd rookie season is impressive, I'd give it to Allen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Chargers
    I disagree... I think Allen's numbers this season are more impressive then Lacy. Albeit a 1000 yrd rookie season is impressive, I'd give it to Allen.

think lacey will get it myself also

Panthers

Lacy pretty much carried the packers when Rodgers went down.

I agree with you though, I'd go Keenan Allen, just that I think the award will go to Lacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

You couldn't argue either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Broncos
    Feel sorry for Phillip Rivers. He looked really great last night in the final qtr.

Too little too late unfortunately. Him and his offense were just so bad for most of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Broncos
    SameOleJay wrote: »

I love his attitude. That heart on sleeve passion is easy to get behind & some other players could take notice (hint, Eli, hint!!)

Advertisement