If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mp3 Streamer

Options
  • 06-01-2014 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I got one of the philips streamiums from you a while back, but it looks like it has packed in over Christmas.  I've seen a "denon DNP720AE" on your UK website, but its a bit pricey for what I want. Any similar cheaper products ? 
    I just want to be able to stream music from my NAS.

thanks...

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

syboit wrote: »
    Hi,

I got one of the philips streamiums from you a while back, but it looks like it has packed in over Christmas.  I've seen a "denon DNP720AE" on your UK website, but its a bit pricey for what I want. Any similar cheaper products ? 

thanks...
    Syboit,

thanks for the post - sorry about the streamium and more bad news - the DNP720 is about the best price on a dedicated streamer we have at the moment - but we do have lots of systems that will stream from a nas drive ( like the Denon Picollo or the teac CRH700) - is it a system or an 'add-on' streamer that you need?

Have you thought about using a Sonos ZP90 connect with a bridge - I know its budget busting again but it will open you system completely?
    http://www.richersounds.com/package/streaming-multi-room/wireless-music-systems/pah01357 

Keep me posted and hopefully we can refine a solution for you,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Hi,

thanks...
    Syboit,

thanks for the post - sorry about the streamium and more bad news - the DNP720 is about the best price on a dedicated streamer we have at the moment - but we do have lots of systems that will stream from a nas drive ( like the Denon Picollo or the teac CRH700) - is it a system or an 'add-on' streamer that you need?

Have you thought about using a Sonos ZP90 connect with a bridge - I know its budget busting again but it will open you system completely?
    http://www.richersounds.com/package/streaming-multi-room/wireless-music-systems/pah01357 

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    thanks for the reply John. I suppose it would be an add-on. I already have a teac amp driving a set of ceiling stereo speakers. So the philips was handy just to add the mp3 streaming into the mix.

I'll have a look at the DNP720 again and come back to you if I've any further queries.

thanks...

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi,

thanks...
    Syboit,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    thanks for the reply John. I suppose it would be an add-on. I already have a teac amp driving a set of ceiling stereo speakers. So the philips was handy just to add the mp3 streaming into the mix.

I'll have a look at the DNP720 again and come back to you if I've any further queries.

thanks...
    No problem - we dont sell them but you could use a Airport express if you just want a quick add-on - really handy and not too expensive ( we dont sell them but you can pick them up pretty much anywhere!) if you want a dedicated audio device you can go for teh QED uPlay stream:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/wireless-streaming-accessories/qed/uplay-stream/qed-u-play-stream

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew  

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.