Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New MAC problems

• 06-01-2014 1:37pm

Hi

Am trying to move my mail over to the new comp - firstly tried the migrations assistant and even though my comps were both on the same wireless network it couldnt locate my old mac.

So then I found a guide on google where you copy your mail folders from your user - library onto a stick and then try and transfer over via usb to the new MAC. However the finder is laid out totally different. For some reason my personal folder is not there, and neither is my HD on the left hand side where it usually is on my Snow Leopard old one. Instead I got "all my files" Air Drop etc.
    Anyway I found my HD and personal folder by doing a search and dropped the mail folder from the old mac into user - me - library - mail

According to the guide when I do this when I click on mail it should automatically have all my old stuff in there, but instead its asking me to setup a new mail account.
    Do I need to setup my mail accounts again or have I done something wrong? Did I drop the mail folder in the wrong place?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

El Rifle wrote: »
    Hi

Am trying to move my mail over to the new comp - firstly tried the migrations assistant and even though my comps were both on the same wireless network it couldnt locate my old mac.

So then I found a guide on google where you copy your mail folders from your user - library onto a stick and then try and transfer over via usb to the new MAC. However the finder is laid out totally different. For some reason my personal folder is not there, and neither is my HD on the left hand side where it usually is on my Snow Leopard old one. Instead I got "all my files" Air Drop etc.
    Anyway I found my HD and personal folder by doing a search and dropped the mail folder from the old mac into user - me - library - mail

According to the guide when I do this when I click on mail it should automatically have all my old stuff in there, but instead its asking me to setup a new mail account.
    Do I need to setup my mail accounts again or have I done something wrong? Did I drop the mail folder in the wrong place?

There is a dedicated Mac forum here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=108

From what i remember this can be a tedious process, but one thing you need to do is remember to copy across your mail.apple.com preferences file as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

From what I know it is very easy process. I advice learning about Mavericks first, and follow google. There are loads of helpful instructions for this very issue of Snow Leopard ->Mavericks.

Advertisement