Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value iPhone 5s plan

Options
  • 06-01-2014 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Looking to buy an iPhone 5s today and trying to find the best deal. Meteor seems like the best option, or am I missing something?

Three is €129 / €55 per month. Unlimited everything.

02 is €180 / €55 per month. Unlimited everything.

eMobile is €279 / €54 per month. 4G of data. Comes with 4G.

Meteor is €129 / €60 per month, 6GB of data. Comes with 4G.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

Is three not the cheapest with unlimited everything including data for 55 and they won't be charging extra for 4g when it comes apparently?

That said I'd be wary of three if you ever have a problem. Their customer support leaves an awful lot to be desired

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

numorouno wrote: »
    Is three not the cheapest with unlimited everything including data for 55 and they won't be charging extra for 4g when it comes apparently?

That said I'd be wary of three if you ever have a problem. Their customer support leaves an awful lot to be desired

If three offer unlimited 4G, they will take a large chunk of the remaining market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

+1 Avoid Three like the plague. Scam artists with zero customer support. Only script monkeys who cant deviate from the script and dont give a **** about real customer service. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Meteor have another plan - €179 and €49 per month. Unlimited calls, texts and 3Gb of data. 4G. This seems like the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

I know it's kinda against what you want but usually your just better off buying it sim free and getting a sim only plan. Works out Lot cheaper over the length of whatever contract you'd enter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I know it's kinda against what you want but usually your just better off buying it sim free and getting a sim only plan. Works out Lot cheaper over the length of whatever contract you'd enter

This is normally what I do but simfree iPhone 5s seem to be at least €500.

€500 + unlimited plan at €30 per month for 24 months = €1,220.

€170 + €55 per month for 24 months = €1,490.

So it's not a huge difference considering you're spreading the cost over two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

I agree that 3 customer service leave a lot to be desired...
    Their call centres are based somewhere in India and i found it impossible to understand the call advisors any time i rang not to mention the ridiculous responses to some queries i had, HOWEVER....aside from that, three offer the best deals.

I got my iphone on the 24month contract, this it was €55 or around that per month, my phone was free (it was the older iphone4) but after the 24 months i was able to switch to their "ready to go" version so exactly the same usage as the bill pay i was on, unlimited data, same flexi units etc (which i never used up anyway) only it was now €25 per month, and beacuse i stuck to the 24 month contract my iphone was now mine.

I'll be looking to get a new phone this year at some stage and intend to sign back up to the contract plan again but i've saved myself a good bit per month by coming off it so just keep note of the 24 months if you do sign up.

Find the 3 coverage very good and i was always Vodafone up to that point for that very reason but 3 are by far cheaper option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 JerryZ1988

just cant catch up with the Iphone stuff as there will be a new one each year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Tusky wrote: »
    Looking to buy an iPhone 5s today and trying to find the best deal. Meteor seems like the best option, or am I missing something?

Three is €129 / €55 per month. Unlimited everything.

02 is €180 / €55 per month. Unlimited everything.

eMobile is €279 / €54 per month. 4G of data. Comes with 4G.

Meteor is €129 / €60 per month, 6GB of data. Comes with 4G.

these are crazy prices for a fone like,
    and new models out constantly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

GY A1 wrote: »
    these are crazy prices for a fone like,
    and new models out constantly

The phone is still the same phone even if a new one comes out every 5 years so don't see the point to this.

If you really cared about having the latest phone I know with Vodafone you can pay 10 euro extra a month and get a 'free' upgrade to the latest phone every time it comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭benki11

buy new IPhone 5s Gold ;) = unlocked from Apple 699€ + 24 months 48 10€ package = 240 € 1g internet 350 min calls + unlimited text + no contract whatsoever = 939 € phone BEST DEAL IN IRELAND + you can use it abroad !!!!!!!And quit and sell whenever you want ;)
    ps
    you save 500 € on every deal on here !

Advertisement