Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monday Night Raw 6-1-2014

• 06-01-2014 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

First Raw of the new year, and it's an Old School Raw

Quick recap from last week

Daniel Bryan was skulking off as apparently — a new convert to The Wyatt Family,

Brock Lesnar had laid waste to Mark Henry

Randy Orton received his latest challenge to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

WWE is focusing on the following

One-on-one
    Randy Orton is set to defend his title against John Cena in a bout that will have no interference and can only be decided via pinfall or submission - how will The Viper and Cena react?

Best in The Shield?
    CM Punk continued his one-man mission to sow dissent among The Shield, Punk rounds out the trio by facing Roman Reigns this week. Can the big man do what his teammates could not and top The Best in the World?

Who'll stop the pain?
    WWE COO Triple H shocked the WWE Universe by summoning Brock Lesnar from his sabbatical last week, With Lesnar running wild, is there anyone in the locker room who could possibly stop him? More importantly, is there anyone with the guts to try?

Family ties
    Bray Wyatt’s hard work paid off last week when Daniel Bryan finally agreed to join The Wyatt Family after suffering the clan’s latest 3-on-1 attack against him; an apparent act of solidarity against “the machine” that Wyatt opposes.
    What does the newly-extended Wyatt Family have in store?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Dave Meltzer thinks something awful is going to happen to Flair along the lines of Brock attacking him.

Love Old School Raw so much I might stay up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

rovert wrote: »
    Dave Meltzer thinks something awful is going to happen to Flair along the lines of Brock attacking him.

Why have I got the feeling that if Brock Lesnar lays out Ric Flair, it'll drag out Triple H.

Old School Raw is always interesting, stormy weather in the west be damned, I'm staying up to watch it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Randy Orton should really be the one who gets to lay out Flair, he needs the heel heat more than Lesnar.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Why have I got the feeling that if Brock Lesnar lays out Ric Flair, it'll drag out Triple H.

Or Batista early as a surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Would be good if everyone came out to their old themes tonight. Probably wouldn't make much sense character-wise but it would still be cool to hear Basic Thuganomics, Burn In My Light and This Fire Burns just for the nostalgia pop.

• Advertisement

Any chance of Flair wrestling at Mania? If he were, I could well see him going against Triple H.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Would be good if everyone came out to their old themes tonight. Probably wouldn't make much sense character-wise but it would still be cool to hear Basic Thuganomics, Burn In My Light and This Fire Burns just for the nostalgia pop.

That is such an excellent idea. Imagine the pop Mark Henry would get for Sexual Chocolate. Would also be a nice tribute to Mae Young who is sick right now.

Xavier Woods said he wanted to team with Flash Funk on the show :p :

BdMOFw_IIAAm3jz.jpg

2 Cold Scorpio can still go in his limited dates on the indies btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,979 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

And so starts Lesnar's feud with Batista

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Charisteas wrote: »
    That is such an excellent idea. Imagine the pop Mark Henry would get for Sexual Chocolate. Would also be a nice tribute to Mae Young who is sick right now.

Yep plus I bet even the anti-Cena part of the crowd would cheer (for a few seconds at least...) if this played...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Already humming along to the opening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

IIRC the last time there was an Old School Raw, Mark Henry did exactly this!

fwiw wweshop.com are selling off some "legends" tshirts - might give us an insight into who will appear tonight or at the rumble (with a few clear exceptions!) - Nice to see Jake the Snakes inclusion there.....hopefully it's a sign!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,381 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Didn't Cena come out to Basic Thuganomics at the last old school raw or maybe it was some PPV either last year or the year before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Pity Mae Young is sick, loved seeing the Glove Boy, that was so funny.

Foley with Mr Socko is my outside bet for an appearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

DDP will probably turn up also, he sent out the usual yoga email earlier saying to tune in to see if he shows up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,979 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tonight's WWE Monday Night Raw "Old School" special will kick off with Daniel Bryan and the Wyatt Family, following up on last week's shocking turn and this weekend's house shows wherein Bryan appeared as "Daniel Wyatt" for his advertised cage matches against group leader, Bray Wyatt.

Brian Christopher is in the area for tonight's Old School Raw, and is expected to make his return to reunite with Too Cool members Rikishi and Scotty Too Hotty. WWE Hall of Fame Mick Foley is being advertised for tomorrow's Smackdown taping, so he will likely be making an appearance on Raw tonight.

Source - Wrestlezone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Bryan looks strange in his new gear with the Wyatts.

DDP will probably turn up also, he sent out the usual yoga email earlier saying to tune in to see if he shows up.

Would love to see a Scott Hall or Jake Roberts appearance as well.

Would love for Ron Simmons and JBL to do a APA protection run in.

Bryan looks strange in his new gear with the Wyatts.

He looks weirdly like a mini late 90s undertaker

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I adore Old School Raw. And I can't wait for 2 Cool reunion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I adore Old School Raw. And I can't wait for 2 Cool reunion!

I wonder what shape Brian Christopher is in. He didnt look great last time he was on Raw

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

What are the possibilities given that tonight is an Old School Raw, that Hulk Hogan COULD make an appearance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

What are the possibilities given that tonight is an Old School Raw, that Hulk Hogan COULD make an appearance

I imagine they would hype the fcuk out of that. No point in keeping such a big name as a surprise for a random Raw. PPV maybe, but not Raw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Won't be staying up for this but am optimistic it'll be decent enough, here's hoping Bryan has found his way out of that ****ty storyline by the time I wake up tomorrow.

What would be amazing is nWo on Raw tonight, Hogan, Hall, and Nash cutting promos like it's 1998, then all of a sudden, sierra, hotel, india, echo, lima, delta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

What would be amazing is nWo on Raw tonight, Hogan, Hall, and Nash cutting promos like it's 1998, then all of a sudden, sierra, hotel, india, echo, lima, delta.

This is money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Didn't Cena come out to Basic Thuganomics at the last old school raw or maybe it was some PPV either last year or the year before?

Came out to it in one of his face offs with The Rock iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Stupidly excited for this tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Might give this raw a look tonight. Would be cool to see a few faces from the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I'll enjoy that but feel it should be JR eating an F5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kksaints

It would make more sense if a Green Bay supporting superstar came out and attacked Flair after his weekend antics.

The Shield are guests on pipers pit so I read on the bookface

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

i've just noticed that spells out SHIELD. they're wrestling a year, and i've just noticed that

i've just noticed that spells out SHIELD. they're wrestling a year, and i've just noticed that

Took me a few months too.

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    I'll enjoy that but feel it should be JR eating an F5

In an empty arena in JR's hometown just for nostalgia sake.

Don't worry, I didn't 'get' the Paul Bearer name for a decade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Sounds epic but something like Hogan turning up is not something that should be a surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

What about maybe

dun
    dun dun dun dun
    dun dun dun dun

Warrior......

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

brinty wrote: »
    What about maybe

dun
    dun dun dun dun
    dun dun dun dun

Warrior......

Id drop my trousers right there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

What about maybe

dun
    dun dun dun dun
    dun dun dun dun

Warrior......

Then he body presses a blindsighted fan wearing an unlicensed Warrior shirt :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

GTR63 wrote: »
    Then he body presses a blindsighted fan wearing an unlicensed Warrior shirt :D

Considering he's in wwe 2k14 its a possibility he's going into the HOF.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

If only Eddie was still around. I reckon "Viva La Raza..." would have seen everyone in the arena drop the cacks. There would be penises everywhere.

Considering he's in wwe 2k14 its a possibility he's going into the HOF.....

I would go as far as to say its practually a reality than possibility :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Isn't there usually a WWE Championship match on the first Raw of the year??

Is it not Cena vs. Orton tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

andyman wrote: »
    If only Eddie was still around. I reckon "Viva La Raza..." would have seen everyone in the arena drop the cacks. There would be penises everywhere.

Errr ...

Anyway, might stay up and watch this too. Something exciting might happen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Hopefully not in anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Anyone see Taker returning?

Hopefully this will be a good raw.
    But apart of me is thinking it'll just be a few old faces shown in the odd backstage promo here and there whilst still being a john cena and co standard raw. Hope I am wrong.

• Advertisement
Advertisement