Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monday Night Raw 6-1-2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Did not expect that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Well that was worth staying up for. Genuinely surprised. Mark out moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Jake looks great :)

Looked even better than any of the stuff I've seen with DDP.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I legit marked. Give that man a microphone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Cracking match with the right result,plus the return of Jake,old school Raw redeemed itself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I bet the in house crowd is gonna get an awesome Jake promo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Kinda wish they'd saved him for The Rumble.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

BdWavFzIYAAUm1j.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

In fairness although the crowd were dead all the way through they did mark a bit for Jake and I definitly heard a DDT chant which is awesome from a crowd like that. We the people was the only other major cheer I heard which was sweet. But then again I wasn't listening.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

rovert wrote: »

They must have edited that, the original article had a tiny blurb about him being fine then spent the rest of the time discussing how Lawler fortunately managed to stay in touch with all of the night's action by following along on the WWE app.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Man, I loved that ending. Reigns beating Punk was 100% the right move, but then Jake returns. So happy for him. Hope he gets the Rumble entry too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

now we know why DDP was there - probably to help Jake stay on the straight and narrow! Jake looked incredible!! DDP YOGA has worked miracles!

Hope they are both in the Rumble!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Man, I loved that ending. Reigns beating Punk was 100% the right move, but then Jake returns. So happy for him. Hope he gets the Rumble entry too.

The ended the match excellently IMO, Giving Reigns the win, making him look strong and still lightly teasing the spilit with the Ambrose bump.

Jake at the end was a nice brucie bonus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Dont mind admitting i marked right out when Jakes music hit last night, it brought me back nearly 30 years when as a child i remember him giving Ricky Steamboat a DDT on the concrete Floor.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

what a fuking TERRIBLE crowd. like jesus, Jake the fuking Snake comes back, looks great and they just sit there with their mouths open. sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

BMMachine wrote: »
    what a fuking TERRIBLE crowd. like jesus, Jake the fuking Snake comes back, looks great and they just sit there with their mouths open. sake

I haven't watched in months but hearing Jake was back had to have a look, and yeah, what an utterly terrible crowd. If that was the post mania show the fcuking roof would have come off. Retro shows need to be in smart crowd cities like Chicago as the fans will at least appreciate it.

Quite the pub quiz team:

9C9oPI2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jake looked in super shape walking down the ramp last night. That DDP yoga looks like it works miracles.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Jake looked in super shape walking down the ramp last night. That DDP yoga looks like it works miracles.

His little skit with Booker was impressive enough to make me think it works. Pity the segment itself sucked

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

An hour in so far, can't say its been good. What lazy fücker writes the IRS material.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

GTR63 wrote: »
    An hour in so far, can't say its been good. What lazy fücker writes the IRS material.

Skip to the main event. You dont miss anything before that.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Skip to the main event. You dont miss anything before that.

Maybe flick to Pipers pit... its very short though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

BMMachine wrote: »

Bad News Barrett was right. Most of these people don't know the "Legends" and will forget about them later.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Maybe flick to Pipers pit... its very short though.

Watched it short but enjoyable. Wish they weren't making it so blatantly obvious with where the Shield are heading, even a 7 year old could see.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Watched it short but enjoyable. Wish they weren't making it so blatantly obvious with where the Shield are heading, even a 7 year old could see.

Now would you expect WWE's creative team not to make a storyline so blatantly obvious, even i knew they'd be splitting eventually.

I know but they do it so often it was better when it was just a smirk or a stare not Piper or whoever saying it aloud.
    Why didn't Lesnar hammer Big Show into the ground like a Nail?

Why didn't Lesnar hammer Big Show into the ground like a Nail?

That was very annoying. Big Show was crying and getting slapped around by Stephanie not long ago. Lesnar meanwhile ran head first into a fight with the Worlds Strongest Man two weeks running. Now he's running away from Big Show and getting man handled? Even for WWE that makes no sense.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    That was very annoying. Big Show was crying and getting slapped around by Stephanie not long ago. Lesnar meanwhile ran head first into a fight with the Worlds Strongest Man two weeks running. Now he's running away from Big Show and getting man handled? Even for WWE that makes no sense.

Didn't he wear a nappy a few weeks back ffs. Too Cool this is class but if the Brood came out i'd be outa my seat. Scotty in great shape, isn't he a fireman full time now?
    Btw how old are the pics they used of Piper and Hbk? 10 or 12 years old.

Dying for Cole to bring up the APA dancing with Too Cool on one of those UK PPVs back in the day.

Have to laugh at the fans soluting Sgt Slaughter, dear oh dear.
    Nice geansaí on Ron Simmons btw and when naitch followed the Godfather out it was a Big Show at no.30 in the Rumble level letdown.

• Advertisement

Is Brock going to be in the Rumble or what?if he isn't I don't really see the point in having him return in January to piss about with Menry and Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Is Brock going to be in the Rumble or what?if he isn't I don't really see the point in having him return in January to piss about with Menry and Show.

Someone obviously wasn't paying attention last week, Paul Heyman said that Brock declared himself the #1 contender to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Yeah after the Cena/Orton rematch at the Rumble.They could have easily waited til the Raw after to bring him back if all they have planned for him until then is battering Henry and running from Big Show.

Assuming he wins (ideally in a dominant fashion) it wont be an issue despite it being obvious filler for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

The Shield's entrance last night -

i51zlz.jpg

Really loved this show from start to finish, very entertaining throughout. Don't think I skipped a single segment.

Charisteas wrote: »
    Really loved this show from start to finish, very entertaining throughout. Don't think I skipped a single segment.

Did you lose the remote??? :pac:

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Did you lose the remote??? :pac:

Haha no mate, I don't use a remote if you know what I mean ;)

When I saw 10 pages in this thread, I was surprised at how much negativity there was here. Maybe the show sucked and my taste is different to most, but I think most people's enjoyment is being ruined because of the amount of ad breaks. Ruins the rhythm of the show. Personally what I do is get up at 4:30am, acquire it through a way other than sky sports, and watch it before work. Ad break free, and 'almost' live!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Yeah I used to just watch it the following day. I may go back to doing that.

The ads really ruin the flow of the show.

The last 30 mins or so were awesome but the opening 2 hours were very forgettable, to say the least.

• Advertisement

Charisteas wrote: »
    Haha no mate, I don't use a remote if you know what I mean ;)

When I saw 10 pages in this thread, I was surprised at how much negativity there was here. Maybe the show sucked and my taste is different to most, but I think most people's enjoyment is being ruined because of the amount of ad breaks. Ruins the rhythm of the show. Personally what I do is get up at 4:30am, acquire it through a way other than sky sports, and watch it before work. Ad break free, and 'almost' live!

I usually do something similar

Wake up at 730, set it to download, shower and watch over breakfast and fast forward the awfulness carefully.

I stayed up for it last night because it was the old school edition.

Maybe Im just getting older, but I hate most things about the product now. The amount of ad breaks, The lack of direction for mid to lower card grapplers, the constant reminds and rewinds of what happened last week and what happened at teh start of the show.

Most mornings I fast foward past most of the show if any of the following are involved

The divas minus AJ (theses days they are booked horridly)

Great Khali

Curtis Axel (Though a good wrestler hes awfully bland and characterless)

Any mention of the WWE app

R-Truth

The Miz

Alberto Del Rio

Kofi Kingston

PTP

Zack Ryder

Ryback

Most these guys are good wrestlers, but they are booked awfully and repetitivly in some cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think that Jake appearance was a thousand times better an advertisement for DDP yoga than DDP's segment. Next up will be Scott Hall.

Another guy who looks great is Scotty 2 Hotty. Though he is a fireman now which helps.

But it was great to see Jake back and you could tell he was enjoying it, especially since this is probably the first time in a long time he's been out there and had full awareness of what was going on.
    Wonder if they'll use Punk's Straight Edge lifestyle as the reason for Jake helping.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Jake is more an advertisement for DDP rehab considering he had to live in DDPs house to get well again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That was f*cking terrible. Just terrible. The last 2 minutes were the only part worth watching. All of you guys who said Bryan isn't being buried were proved right tonight though, now he gets to feud with the Usos!!!!

Too Cool were the most over act on the show, wonder how the rest of the talent felt about that one. :p
    The best part of the show was the absence of those two screen hogging muppets who steer WWE in an aimless direction every week.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The best part of the show was the absence of those two screen hogging muppets who steer WWE in an aimless direction every week.

They're busy getting ready to launch a network that they will steer in an aimless direction every week.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    That was f*cking terrible. Just terrible. The last 2 minutes were the only part worth watching. All of you guys who said Bryan isn't being buried were proved right tonight though, now he gets to feud with the Usos!!!!

Usos main evented Smackdown last week. I don't see how that alone is evidence of him being buried.

Loughc wrote: »
    They're busy getting ready to launch a network that they will steer in an aimless direction every week.

With repeats of the last 6 months of tv that if you were in a coma you'd of missed nothing that mattered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Was a great ending with Jake coming down. Pity the crowd were a bit flat for it. Judging by the way Cole flipped out I think they expected a bigger pop. I agree that maybe this should have been kept until the Rumble as that crowd would likely have reacted hugely. Still, it was a great moment. He looks miles better than the Jake that took an RKO from Orton about eight or so years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

rovert wrote: »
    Usos main evented Smackdown last week. I don't see how that alone is evidence of him being buried.
    They're still the Usos, and he is Daniel Bryan.

And it's Smackdown. Main eventing it is the same as main eventing Superstars these days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement