Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monday Night Raw 6-1-2014

12345679»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    And it's Smackdown. Main eventing it is the same as main eventing Superstars these days.

That's not true. Smackdown is more relevant than it has been in a while.

Anyway the Uso's are just a backdrop to whatever Bray and Bryan will do. Not exactly a direct feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

It's two weeks into the Bryan/Wyatts angle. I'd say give it time before writing it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

They are just being used to further the story between Wyatts and Bryan. Nothing more.

But I am as confused as **** as to where this is going now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,108 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

id say Bryan is fooling everyone and will turn on the wyatts soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Moneymaker wrote: »
    They are just being used to further the story between Wyatts and Bryan. Nothing more.

But I am as confused as **** as to where this is going now.

Could be a good thing that you don't know where its going. Im not hating it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

rovert wrote: »
    That's not true. Smackdown is more relevant than it has been in a while.

Anyway the Uso's are just a backdrop to whatever Bray and Bryan will do. Not exactly a direct feud.

What of note has happened on Smackdown in recent years? Anything worthwhile happens on Raw or PPV. Smackdown is the leftovers.

What of note has happened on Smackdown in recent years? Anything worthwhile happens on Raw or PPV. Smackdown is the leftovers.

Have to agree , cant think of much that's happened on in a good while. Sandows case being thrown in the river is all I can think of

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Smackdown is still good for tying up storylines Imo. Think taker getting written off by the Shield for example.

Could be used more for developing feuds and less from the vault/raw recap rubbish to be fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

The vault is used to fill the extra ad time that US TV (has as opposed to UK TV).

Also, mid-card match tend to be tested on Smackdown and rehashed on RAW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

That time Taker got taken out by the Shield.

Fairly big deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Fairly big deal.
    Was that not on the UK Raw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

During Piper's Pit, I thought I was watching the Mighty Ducks when they started with the "Crack!" chant.

And is Scotty's bulldog the most devastating move evr? Because it takes him so long to hit the worm after that I'd say he could win a Last Man Standing match with that bulldog alone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

CSF wrote: »
    Was that not on the UK Raw?

No, UK smackdown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Fairly big deal.

So one thing in the last year? Can't miss TV, right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Jesus, that whole show was awful. In fairness, the crowd were the worst part, the killed the vibe. No reaction to Jake at all.

I genuinely cant stand it when the crowd starts chanting "you still got it". Its becoming the most overly used chant. The even did it for Rey Mysterio recently.

I hated how the brought all the "legends" out towards the end of the show too, like it was the Hall of Fame introduction at Wrestlemania. I think this is the first time they've done this in 3 years of Old School Raw.

Loved the Vince hair style JBL was rocking though, as well as the red, white & blue ropes, steel guardrails, old school turnbuckles and dickeybowed referees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

main things that happened on sd in 2013 off top of my head

LMS for the whc between show and del rio, they made it out to be a huge deal
    bryan becoming the first guy to get a pinfall win on the shield, ditto
    ziggler writing ricardo off tv in the fiesta
    sandow jumping into the river after the briefcase
    shield destroying taker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,981 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Scotty Too Hotty looks like a blonde Walter Goggins (from The Shield & Justified)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

just amazing to see jake smiling, happy and clean coming out in his entrance

fair play ddp

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The old school main event was a nice change for the night. Big man heel wearing down the babyface opponent. Using power moves to suppress the comebacks. Big rally at the end with distractions causing the good guy to lose.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Scotty Too Hotty looks like a blonde Walter Goggins (from The Shield & Justified)

He actually does. Spot on. He's a great actor btw, loved him in the shield

Too cool has to be one of the best gimmicks ever for non main eventers. The royal rumble one always brings a smile to my face.

Advertisement