Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile Customer Service

Options
  • 06-01-2014 2:50pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Seriously, eMobile would need to get their act together before you "surpass" Three's level of "customer care". I rang your customer support to get an unlock for my iPhone as it is out of contract. Your agent "Perez" told me that the phone would lock again when a different operator sim is put in it. This is absolutely wrong, and eMobile have been told this many times. When I told Perez this, he told me:
    "If you know so much about unlocking it, you should go and do it yourself". I swore at him then, which Is wrong, I know, but his attitude was shocking. You really need to check things on the technology side, because you are giving out incorrect information in different matters.

1. The iPhone "re-lock" - check with Apple...once it is unlocked by Apple, it is unlocked for good.
    2. I have told you on the forum, but your Tech people don't believe it - On Blackberry BB10, you DO NOT NEED BIS or BES anymore to have functioning email and internet. This is on the Blackberry website, and is the main reason I bought an unlocked Z10, which works perfectly. You are therefore charging an unnecessary €8 per month to BB users if they get a BB using BB OS10.
    3. When I bought the iPhone 4s initially in the shop, the manager told me that you get an extra 25Gb storage on iCloud, as he was trying to get me to buy a 16GB iPhone, when I wanted a 32GB. This was patently untrue, and I told him this to his face,. When he realised he was dealing with an experienced Apple user he backdown straight away.

I have seen other horror stories on here about people being sent to unauthorised repair centres for iPhones as well. I was in the shop ready to sign up for an additional 2 years, but to be honest, i wonder have I had a very lucky escape.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Oh, and another thing,not so much with regards Customer Service, but eMobile in general - you know that you still show Eircom's SportsHub as a benefit of joining eMobile right? You know the one that is discontinued since October?

Just in case, yet again, I'm not believed: http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/broadband/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Here is the Apple version of unlocking: Apple support. I don't see anywhere it says it will lock again. Plus the fact it never has on my iPhone 3G or 4.
    Blackberry on VF: http://support.vodafone.com.au/articles/FAQ/BlackBerry-Z10-and-data-BIS-or-BES?retURL=%2Fapex%2FKnowledgeArticlesMap&popup=false
    Blackberry Dev Blog: http://blackberryempire.com/confusion-cleared-bis-not-needed-blackberry-10/
    Blackberry support forums; http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Does-BIS-still-compress-BBM-messages-on-BB10/td-p/2543893

Plus, I have an unlocked Z10 working perfectly with an eMobile SIM for data, eMail etc. Older versions of the OS do need BIS, OS10 does not.

An email from eMobile, apologising for the inconvenience, and yet again stating the incorrect information about iPhone unlocking. Oh, well, its their problem.

Another email from eMobile, now changing their line to : They won't guarantee that it won't lock back to the next operator.

The BB Z10 is working away now on 48, with no BIS.....

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

whiterebel wrote: »
    Seriously, eMobile would need to get their act together before you "surpass" Three's level of "customer care". I rang your customer support to get an unlock for my iPhone as it is out of contract. Your agent "Perez" told me that the phone would lock again when a different operator sim is put in it. This is absolutely wrong, and eMobile have been told this many times. When I told Perez this, he told me:
    "If you know so much about unlocking it, you should go and do it yourself". I swore at him then, which Is wrong, I know, but his attitude was shocking. You really need to check things on the technology side, because you are giving out incorrect information in different matters.

1. The iPhone "re-lock" - check with Apple...once it is unlocked by Apple, it is unlocked for good.
    2. I have told you on the forum, but your Tech people don't believe it - On Blackberry BB10, you DO NOT NEED BIS or BES anymore to have functioning email and internet. This is on the Blackberry website, and is the main reason I bought an unlocked Z10, which works perfectly. You are therefore charging an unnecessary €8 per month to BB users if they get a BB using BB OS10.
    3. When I bought the iPhone 4s initially in the shop, the manager told me that you get an extra 25Gb storage on iCloud, as he was trying to get me to buy a 16GB iPhone, when I wanted a 32GB. This was patently untrue, and I told him this to his face,. When he realised he was dealing with an experienced Apple user he backdown straight away.

I have seen other horror stories on here about people being sent to unauthorised repair centres for iPhones as well. I was in the shop ready to sign up for an additional 2 years, but to be honest, i wonder have I had a very lucky escape.
    Hi whiterebel,

My apologies your post was not responded to previously. The email that is sent to our iPhone customers when the unlocking code is available was provided to eMobile by Apple.

In certain cases when another network SIM is inserted into an iPhone during the unlocking process it is then locked to this network.

In regard to the blackberry add - on I received confirmation from our technical team that this is required on all blackberry handsets.

Also thank you for bringing the above link in regard to eircom sportshub to our attention. I have requested for this to be removed from our website.

Grainne

• Advertisement

Hi whiterebel,

My apologies your post was not responded to previously. The email that is sent to our iPhone customers when the unlocking code is available was provided to eMobile by Apple.

In certain cases when another network SIM is inserted into an iPhone during the unlocking process it is then locked to this network.

In regard to the blackberry add - on I received confirmation from our technical team that this is required on all blackberry handsets.

Also thank you for bringing the above link in regard to eircom sportshub to our attention. I have requested for this to be removed from our website.

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne, you'd need to get rid of your technical team, I'm afraid.

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Hi whiterebel,

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne, you'd need to get rid of your technical team, I'm afraid.
    No problem whiterebel.

Let us know here if you have any other queries and we will be happy to help.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jossul1179

Grainne
    How can it be that your technical team is say that?  Blackberry Z10 does not require BIS!  This is an unfair money grab for any new Blackberry Z10 owner on your network.  Why are you forcing them to pay for BIS when it is not required.  I own an Unlocked Z10 an am on a regular data plan and I have access to all BlackBerry services.  I'm glad i didn't buy from emobile shop because then you would be charging me extra for no reason.

jossul1179 wrote: »

Grainne
    How can it be that your technical team is say that?  Blackberry Z10 does not require BIS!  This is an unfair money grab for any new Blackberry Z10 owner on your network.  Why are you forcing them to pay for BIS when it is not required.  I own an Unlocked Z10 an am on a regular data plan and I have access to all BlackBerry services.  I'm glad i didn't buy from emobile shop because then you would be charging me extra for no reason.
    I know, there's just no point, eMobile's Technical team are appallingly misinformed.

Advertisement