Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Folder Sharing XP and Win 7

Options
  • 06-01-2014 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

I have a designated folder named TV Media containing Sub folders of Tv, Documentaries, Movies and Music shared to my Samsung Smart TV & everything is working just fine. However, the Win XP & Win 7 machines are also sharing the standard Windows Music, Video & Picture folders from both machines to the Samsung TV... I don't want that, but, I don't appear to be able to eliminate them from what is be made available to the device.

I've been through everything I could find regarding the library settings in Windows Media player options but it looks like the unwanted folder are shared by default? Can they be disabled and leave me with only the designated shared folder available to the TV?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement