Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre Pay Meters

Options
  • 06-01-2014 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Just wondering if Electric Ireland was planning to roll out a prepay Meter option to all customers anytime in the future. The current pre pay providers are very expensive but I can really see the attraction for people to pay small amounts instead of a large payment every two months.

I am currently looking at changing my provider, but if I knew pre pay may be an option in the future I would consider sticking with Electric Ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hello Bligh,

At the moment, pay-as-you-go (PAYG) electricity meters (also known as keypad meters) are for assisting customers who have an arrears balance. The keypad meter enables customers in this situation to pre-pay for usage and also to clear an arrears balance (a certain percentage of each pre-pay top-up goes towards the arrears).
    We check the account of any customer who is interested in having a keypad meter installed, to see whether they would be deemed eligible.

Keypad meters cannot be installed for the following customers:
    - Those who live in an apartment with a switch-room for the electricity meter
    - Those who have a day/night meter
    - Those who have a night storage heater meter.

More details here on our website.

Do let us know if you would like further assistance.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement