Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cleaning 2nd hand tank

Options
  • 06-01-2014 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

i bought my first second hand tank - a nano tank - and i guess it hadn't been used in a while because its covered in some sort of gunk/grime/limescale/calcium/algae/stuff and was wondering what would be the best way to clean it.

i'm thinking maybe some sort of water&vinegar combination or would something like citric acid be better.obviously i don't want to be using bleach or anything with chemicals as i want to have it up and running asap

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Is the tank glass? If so, you could try just hot water and a sponge, often when you leave the hot water soak into the dirty it will just wipe away after about 10 minutes soaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

aye the hot water alone seems to be doing the trick.just a bit of elbow grease and i'll give it a once-over with my algae scraper should do the job

coincidently i was on my way to the pet store to buy the same tank brand new when i spotted this one on adverts.saved €40 on it. +1 for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

aye the hot water alone seems to be doing the trick.just a bit of elbow grease and i'll give it a once-over with my algae scraper should do the job

coincidently i was on my way to the pet store to buy the same tank brand new when i spotted this one on adverts.saved €40 on it. +1 for me :)

Good stuff, throw up some pics when you have it all setup!

Advertisement