Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much from abroad

Options
  • 06-01-2014 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi as a new customer , i rang boi at 4044000 number this morning,unfortunately from spain ,first call lasted 26 minutes before i gave up, 2nd call ,holding for 27 minutes  talk 8 mins , all i needed was first 4 digits of account number, needed to ring back later for  iban , gave up after 15 mins , approx cost of 3 calls 114  euro .Not a nice intro to Bank for me .Q can the bank official recognise i am  ringing from abroad 
    Aand could there be a seperate official for overseas    for overseas customers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi nolber,

Welcome to boards.ie and thank for your post.

We're sorry to hear of the lengthily hold time you experienced while trying to reach our Bank of Ireland 365 Team. We are aware they are currently experiencing a high volume of calls and we apologise for any inconvenience this has caused you.

As long as your telephone number is not blocked our representatives should be able to see that you are calling from abroad but we do not have a priority line for international calls. We currently do not hold a call centre outside of Ireland. However, to help you to avoid unnecessary calls, once you are registered for Bank of Ireland 365 Online, you can send an email through the Online Service desk when logged into your 365Online account. These are secure messages and the representatives who manage this inbox will be able to answer any account specific questions for you directly.

If you require your IBAN BIC/SWIFT details you can locate them here on our website.

We are happy to help you with any general banking queries here, so if you have any other queries please feel free to contact us again.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

I use a on line calling card (keepcalling.com) when I need to call home.

With them, your calls would have cost approx 1 eur.
    nolber wrote: »
    Hi as a new customer , i rang boi at 4044000 number this morning,unfortunately from spain ,first call lasted 26 minutes before i gave up, 2nd call ,holding for 27 minutes  talk 8 mins , all i needed was first 4 digits of account number, needed to ring back later for  iban , gave up after 15 mins , approx cost of 3 calls 114  euro .Not a nice intro to Bank for me .Q can the bank official recognise i am  ringing from abroad 
    Aand could there be a seperate official for overseas    for overseas customers

Advertisement