Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon.co.uk using Fastway for some delveries

• 06-01-2014 3:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

So it seems like Amazon are using Fastway to deliver some parcels to Ireland now. Anyone else getting stuff from them? It seems way slower than An Post

Before Christmas I ordered something on Sunday the 15th of December. Part of it was dispatched on Monday the 16th and the rest on Thursday the 19th.

The Parcel that was sent on the 19th arrived on Saturday the 21st via An Post

The first one arrived on Monday the 23rd via Fastway.

so Fastway took 1 week, An post took 2 days.

Thought it might have been a once off, but I ordered something on the 23rd of December that only got delivered today (although some of that is over Christmas in fairness).

They also seem to send me an email to say that the parcel is in Ireland and will be delivered in 1-3 days after it has been delivered.

How are others getting on with them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

I noticed this before too and I thought it may be that some stuff was shipping in from Europe, and using Fastway. Have seen stuff take a very long time from dispatch and reckoned it was from Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

My experience has been pretty much the same as you OP.

If sent by An Post, it's always with me in 2/3 days.

If sent by iParcel/Fastway it's a week. It seems to sit for a few days with iParcel in the UK, but once on the move they turn up a couple of days later.

I'd always received Amazon orders by An Post over the years, and my first experience of iParcel/Fastway was a few orders just before Christmas. Googling iParcel seemed to throw up numerous horror stories about their service, but in my experience they've been fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Scartbeg

Find Fastways useless. They had an Amazon parcel for me on 4th Dec, claimed they couldn't deliver because of wrong phone number (no, it was correct), by the time I was informed by sender and chased them up they had returned it to the UK. Re-shipped with UPS arrived 31st Dec.

This also happened 2 years ago with Xmas presents.

No idea how carrier is chosen. Had 2 identical size parcels posted at same time from Uk, one came with An Post , other 2 days later with DPD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Fastway are very dodgy from experience. They are obviously very cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭chasm

I'd prefer fastway over ups. UPS class my address as "remote" (it isnt remote, they class it as remote due to it's distance from their 3 depots), and due to this one of my Christmas presents which was due to be delivered by 24th December was held up until 27th as they do not deliver to "remote" addresses daily.
    Annoying thing was, had it been sent via An Post i probably would have received it on time - i think amazon sent it via courier to ensure it got to me by the 24th, as was guaranteed at time of order -waste of money for them really!

Have to say Amazon were very good about it when i contacted them, and phoned me back to apologise and gave me a good will payment into my account, it wasn't much but it was actually more than the item i was waiting to receive lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I've had no problems with job the driver did on the day, they were both friendly and helpful as I didn't give either of them straight forward deliveries!

But the week turn around from dispatch is a real let down, I used amazon for everything and had come to expect a 2-3 day turn around after dispatch.

I guess I'll see how it goes, but If I get another week turn around I'll definitely be complaining to amazon, the performance of the courier will actively be putting me off buying with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dakar32

I've also had a problem with Fastway, ordered from Amazon on the 13th which dispatched on the 15th of December. Doesn't look like I'll get it at all, their tracker seems to randomly generate updates, tried to ring, with courier, agreed to delivery at a future date. None of which seems to be true, I know I was never contacted.
    Amazon are resending.
    Worth complaining alright, if there's enough complaints Amazon are bound to reconsider, as mentioned it puts people off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭chasm

The order you mentioned in your first post, the one you ordered on Dec 23rd, what date was that dispatched? Even with it being the Christmas period that is extremely slow.

I had issues for a month or 2 before Xmas where Amazon seemed to sit on orders for a week before dispatch - which i mentioned in my complaint to them also! Ordered a few items on Sunday and they were dispatched on Monday, hopefully i will have them by the EDD of Thursday.

I defo would complain if the week turnaround continues on your deliveries, as in my case Amazon were not aware that ups only delivered to certain areas on certain days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

chasm wrote: »
    The order you mentioned in your first post, the one you ordered on Dec 23rd, what date was that dispatched? Even with it being the Christmas period that is extremely slow.

I had issues for a month or 2 before Xmas where Amazon seemed to sit on orders for a week before dispatch - which i mentioned in my complaint to them also! Ordered a few items on Sunday and they were dispatched on Monday, hopefully i will have them by the EDD of Thursday.

I defo would complain if the week turnaround continues on your deliveries, as in my case Amazon were not aware that ups only delivered to certain areas on certain days.

Dispatched on the 29th apparently, which is a turnaround time of 4 business days ish (delivered on the 5th)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I found after blaming Fastway that they are rarely the cause of delays, on several of my orders which were dispatched via Iparcel/fastway the order was left at the amazon depot for several days presumably waiting for collection by iparcel.

I think that Iparcel must only collect items for Ireland from the amazon warehouses once a week and depending on what day you order and what day they collect you may be left waiting an extra week or more.

deutsche post are worse again and the fastest have always been Royal mail and An Post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

I'm hoping it's just because of the busy Christmas period. An Post are magnificent. Lately I've been getting i-Parcel, DHL, UPS and Fastway instead of An Post when I order from Amazon. But my last three orders have been sent to An Post, so I hope that means it's not permanent.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Had 2 parcels sent around the same time from amazon. The first shipped with fastway and stayed with them just hanging around for a few days, the second parcel shipped 3 days later and went to an post...both parcels arrived on the same. Fastway - your name is misleading and should be changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

As mention above I find the delay is caused by I-Parcel in the Uk to get the parcel from Amazon or scan the received parcel but once they get it the process is quite fast.

Event Event Date City State / Province Country Code
    Delivered 2014-01-02T14:15:44-05:00 Dublin IE
    Out for delivery 2014-01-02T08:45:08-05:00 Dublin IE
    Consolidation Arrived - Pending Customs Clearance and inbound scan 2013-12-31T00:00:00-05:00 IE
    Exported i-Parcel and in transit to country of destination 2013-12-30T07:06:00-05:00 Surrey GB
    Received at i-Parcel 2013-12-24T10:09:09-05:00 Surrey GB
    Package details received electronically from Seller 2013-12-19T04:52:19-05:00

In the same order I had 2 more items posted on same day that arrived via anpost on the 23rd and 24th

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

nava wrote: »
    As mention above

That scenario didn't occur in my case though, well, fastway got it from amazon sharpish, then it just moved depot and idly sat for 3days doing nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

did anyone's deliveries include items with batteries in them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

What time do Fastway usually deliver at? What happens if nobody is in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

xtal191 wrote: »
    What time do Fastway usually deliver at? What happens if nobody is in?

Depends where you are, there's no set time for deliveries.

If you're not in, in theory, they should leave a notification through door asking you to contact them.

Advertisement