Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for New Shoes

• 06-01-2014 4:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I got a set of new pedals recently which came with Cleats.

The cleats are Shimano SPD-SL Cleats.

I am a size 8, but heard that some shoes can be a tight fit, so looking for some advice.

Where can I good, well priced pair of shoes online to go with my new pedals?

Do you have any recommendations?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

check out chainreaction cycles and their diadora deals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

logik wrote: »
    I am a size 8, but heard that some shoes can be a tight fit, so looking for some advice.

I advise you try on the shoe before buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Dinging

I found this very informative http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8X1sfbQSGA but as Ramm says, try before you buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

I am also a size 8(42), Andi bought a pair of SPD-SL shoes during the year.
    I was told that the shoes are to be good fit but when i tried on a pair of size 42 i found them to be very tight so i ended up getting a size 43, and they are perfect. The shoes i got are Shimano R088 Road Shoes after that i also bought a pair of Shimano R086's second hand and these also fitted perfectly.

I would also advise trying them on before buying as the different makes come in fits, I know Shimano do Wide versions of some models like the R088, These were too wide for my foot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

I'm size 8. Just got new shoes from CRC, diadora size 42, they fit perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

inc21 wrote: »
    I'm size 8. Just got new shoes from CRC, diadora size 42, they fit perfectly.

How do you find the heel on the diadora? Reading that they can fall off rendering the shoe useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Dinging

I also just received a pair of the Diadora Speedracer 2 cycling shoes from CRC and I was very impressed with the quality of the shoes for €50.00. You can thread lock the heal, a bit of super glue would do the job, or you can get replacement heals, see http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/diadora-removable-rubber-heel-pad/rp-prod52784. On the sizing of these shoes, I am a 44 in a normal shoe/runner and the Speedracer in size 44 fits perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I went & got the Diadora Sprinter 2 in 45 & found it fit me fine. Still to use but its like a tight fit. Had a Shimano 46 and felt as if a little to big.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

godtabh wrote: »
    check out chainreaction cycles and their diadora deals

Not sure where you are but CRC have lots of stock at reduced prices in their Boucher road shop. Was in there yesterday and spent ages trying on the various shoes they had. Such a huge variety of fits across the various makes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

logik wrote: »
    How do you find the heel on the diadora? Reading that they can fall off rendering the shoe useless.

so far good. Only have 2 rides on them though.

Advertisement