Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The next Galaxy (S5/F)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭innocent_lover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Got it yesterday. Upgraded from an s3. I have had all galaxy except the s4 and design wise it's my favourite. Very sleek, it's plastic but they have done a good job not making it look cheap. It's nice to hold I was never a fan of the curved s3 shape. This is very much like the s2. The back cover looks great in my opinion.

The screen is really nice and the hardware is very impressive. I'm not one for gimmicks like finger print scanner and heart monitor so can't really comment. A big upgrade on speakers would have been nice though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

My wife's new s5 lol, not even 24 hrs, feel out of pocket!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

gallag wrote: »

Ooooops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Read a review that said you mightn't even need a cover for the S5 but after seeing that picture think I'll be buying one!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That would really annoy me.
    I remember years ago I got a new phone Nokia and left it on the kitchen table and my dogs decides to eat it. Came back found phone in pieces. Didn't even have it 24 hours like yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Paybel

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Did she have insurance on it?

I'm currently with Meteor, I'm due an upgrade in June.

I'm considering moving to a network based on the best deal. So far working out on the meteor website (this isn't an upgrade price) I can't see an upgrade price as I have to wait till June :rolleyes:

But I worked out over the 24month contract (that's what they seem to be only doing as far as I can see) it's quite expensive...

13806691873_ab3492cf2d_o.jpg

:eek:

I seen this online....nothing new about it but thought I would share :)
    Three's Shane O'Brien unboxes the highly-anticipated Samsung Galaxy S5.

Available from Friday 11th of April in black and white, the S5 costs €129 with all calls, all texts and all data for €55 a month.

In this video, Shane brings us through the phone's brand new features and shows us how it works best on Three.

I go over 15 tips and tricks for the Samsung Galaxy S5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Your videos are blank paybel, you're posting this: "https://www.youtube.com/feature=player_embedded" with out any video url.

Oh darn I'll fix them now - thanks

I gotta say the screen is pretty amazing how clear it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Has anyone seen the four colour options in person? Leaning towards sticking with the usual black or white.

Has anyone seen the four colour options in person? Leaning towards sticking with the usual black or white.

I saw the blue and its not nice looks really loud, it will appeal to some but not me. The charcoal back on the black one is really nice. Its a sleek phone with a silver bezel, the blue back just does not suit it.

I would go black.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭NU8

rob316 wrote: »
    I saw the blue and its not nice looks really loud, it will appeal to some but not me. The charcoal back on the black one is really nice. Its a sleek phone with a silver bezel, the blue back just does not suit it.

I would go black.

Where did you see the blue one?

I have one ordered with Carphone Warehouse but they said no one is selling them before this Friday.

NU8 wrote: »
    Where did you see the blue one?

I have one ordered with Carphone Warehouse but they said no one is selling them before this Friday.

Carphone Warehouse but it was a dummy phone.

Received a 100MB update today. Anyone else? Trying to find some details on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭thomasj

Received a 100MB update today. Anyone else? Trying to find some details on it.

This might be it!
    http://www.gsmarena.com/update_makes_international_galaxy_s5_camera_faster-news-8506.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Excellent review here:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XiWD_LSVlk&feature=youtu.be

Spoiler alert. Fares well when dropped on concrete. Not so much when dropped in water or shot with a 50 cal bullet.

• Advertisement

cheers thomasj. That's the one alright. Received OTA. G900FXXU1ANE2

Don't see any real difference in the camera or gallery start up.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭peteypop

i bought an s5 online and it came rooted.The back of the phone states it is a sm-g900f but about device states it is sm -g900i,
    it is running android 4.42.
    i have checked with root checker app and it is difintely rooted.
    why would anyone root a phone to sell it,does rooting get rid of network lock.
    any help would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

yup it can do.
    also i guess it would be possible to change the imei of the phone if its stolen so that blacklisting it doesnt work.
    no biggie to you, just promotes the stolen phone trade i guess.
    may also mean there is no warranty.

besides that there could be a valid reason behind it I'm sure. clearly was used before.

i actually came to this thread to find out has anyone had success rooting the s5 on three network? chainfire isnt working for me.
    i want to lock my phone in 4g mode but cant until i root it and its ticking me off that it keeps switching back to hspada as 4g is only half the strength of hspada in my area (but download speeds are still 5x better)
    nvm found towelroot. back to 20m download speeds on 1 bar of reception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,538 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Badly damaged the screen on my S5 ,the glass is shattered and the lcd is damaged as its completely greenish blue colour.Can it be fixed and does anyone have an estimate of the cost and companies that do this type of repair.
    Don't have insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

yabadabado wrote: »
    Badly damaged the screen on my S5 ,the glass is shattered and the lcd is damaged as its completely greenish blue colour.Can it be fixed and does anyone have an estimate of the cost and companies that do this type of repair.
    Don't have insurance.

If it's just the screen that's broken then expect to pay in the region of €100 to €200. It's certainly not cheap. There are many phone repair places around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,538 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

RangeR wrote: »
    If it's just the screen that's broken then expect to pay in the region of €100 to €200. It's certainly not cheap. There are many phone repair places around.

Cheers for that.

Anyone got any recommendations for repair shops?

Doesn't matter where they are as long as they are of a good standard ,I don't mind travelling for a good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭chases0102

Just got mine yesterday, fairly chuffed with it so far!

Anyone got any cool tips starting off, or how to customise it to economise battery, cool apps, etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

yabadabado wrote: »
    Cheers for that.

Anyone got any recommendations for repair shops?

Doesn't matter where they are as long as they are of a good standard ,I don't mind travelling for a good service.

www.fonfix.ie are really good. Samsung screens are pricey for genuine parts but these guys repair for 150 according to their site.
    I used them for my S4 and it came back perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭medic087

Hi guys

I bought a sim free s5 from handtec in uk. Im on billpay with three but the phone is not picking up 4g at all ? im in the centre of dublin so definitely in areas with stable 4g coverage. Im hoping its a network issue and not a problem with the phone . I rang three today and basically they dont want to know as its not a three provided handset. Thanks for any advice. Much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

medic087 wrote: »
    Hi guys

I bought a sim free s5 from handtec in uk. Im on billpay with three but the phone is not picking up 4g at all ? im in the centre of dublin so definitely in areas with stable 4g coverage. Im hoping its a network issue and not a problem with the phone . I rang three today and basically they dont want to know as its not a three provided handset. Thanks for any advice. Much appreciated.

I think you may need a 4G enabled sim card for the phone to pick up 4g?

Advertisement