Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The next Galaxy (S5/F)

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I could get 3+ days out of the battery on 4.4.2 but with hardly any usage.

2d 5h+ is great but can you tell us your "screen on time" under your battery settings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MFdaveIreland

no probs, .

Screen time on-2h 29m 10s,
    Wifi been on for -2d 7h 56m 25s
    voice calls- time on - 1h 5m 8s

I have the brightness set at auto,
    and the screen timeout/ lock at 5 seconds.

Im quite impressed with it if im honest. @25% currently, might last out the day .

+
    also taken 21 photographs-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

O2 Ireland Lollipop now available on SF. Put it on my phone a few hours ago. Looks nice. Except for having the O2 [and Ultimate Rugby] apps that you can't remove without rooting.

Always wondered why the networks think we need or want these apps [besides allegedly getting paid for placement...].

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I'm not liking Chrome on the S5. No more seeing the Google search with recent tabs. O2 have it hijacked which is really annoying. Any solution to it?

Edit: Found the option in settings for the browser to get back tab switching and take out the homepage

Battery life is sooooooooooo much better after upgrading to LP. On kitkat, I would have DailyRoads Voyager running while driving. If I was at 50% battery starting my journey [charging], I'd be around 50% at the end of my journey.

Last night, I left work at 90% battery remaining. DailyRoads Voyager running, charging. After 10 or 20 minutes, it was fully charged.

This morning, I get into the car while battery is at 80%. Again, DailyRoads Voyager running. BAttery was fully charged by the time I got to work.

That's a huge difference for me. Can't 100% say it's the change from KK to LP as I was using KK AllianceRom rather than stock. Even still.

I was just coming on this morning to give my thoughts.

Battery life has taken a nose dive. I was getting 2 days out of the phone, now I'm getting barely the day on same usage.
    This is being reported across a plethora of devices updated to 5.0, so it's not just my S5. Two updates have already been released 5.0.1/2 n Nexus devices and 3 on the way. I wiped the cache and no difference. I refuse to wipe the phone - I shouldn't have to do this.

They removed "silent" mode. There's only sound or vibrate. They removed the volume controls from the power button. You have to unlock your phone now to change the volume. Wtf is this about? It means more screen on time just to change the volume.

Overall the phone is not as smooth as before. What's with all the animation BS all over the shop? That got turned off straight away.

Btw, there's a flappy bird alternative easter egg built in if anyone is interested in playing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Got this at the weekend (Voda S5). Not impressed tbh, battery life wasn't hectic before the update, now its erratic and generally worse My battery has generally gone to sh*y since buying the thing in September tbh, may have to invest in a new battery.

I don't like how the notifications now work either, you can have them just open there for the world to see them on the lock screen or you can set them to say "content hidden". This helps no one out I think as before when the phone lit up on getting a notification, you could see briefly who the message was from. Now there' no happy medium, it tells all, or nothing at all pretty much

As was mentioned by ProjectMouse, removing the silence/vibrate options from the power button is purely regressive and helps no one. What the funk Samsung!

As well, S Health seems to have stopped working for me 80% of the time. I liked how the phone used to count my steps on a daily basis(No, I don't care if this was ever even accurate) but now that's completely gone.

The gallery is also slower to load photo's it would appear. Samsung firmware has always had issues here, but they were better with 4.4 on the S5

I'm struggling of absolutely anything good to say about the update really

lads im currently on andriod 4.4.2, is this prior to the above problems? if so, il be turning updates off, if you can .

lads im currently on andriod 4.4.2, is this prior to the above problems? if so, il be turning updates off, if you can .

It won't auto update. I don't know of ANY Android phone that auto updates the OS.

• Advertisement

Do you recommend i stay on current OS then. Literally only bought the phone a week ago, very pleased with it and the exceptional battery life, but i dont want it to end up in all of the above problems.

You should be able to go back to 4.4.2 but it's not as easy and upgrading... and you really need to know what you're doing.

Im currently on 4.4.2, have no issues at all with it, so il probably not update if i can avoid it

If it helps anyone. Under the notifications panel settings, there is a button called "All". You can add it to the list. Set it to none to make the phone silent. Silent mode has been moved under "priority"/interruptions setting.
    So you now have two buttons to do what one button did before lollipop. Great.

Battery life is still woeful too.

Old thread but does anyone know if the s5 supports quick charge? Cannot find a definitive answer.

thought i would give a bit of an update.

Phone battery still holding out for 2 days , very impressed, good phone overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Having trouble rooting the S5 on Three.
    CWM\TRWP kind of fails to install, cant seem to root either with Chainfire or Towel.

Really odd, Ive done the S3/4 a million times so should be straight forward.
    Im thinking the Bootloader is locked somehow...

Advertisement