Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The next Galaxy (S5/F)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I pre-ordered on Amazon.es @€;602 and this is all I'm getting....
    'ESTIMATED DELIVERY: WE NEED SOME MORE TIME TO GIVE AN ACCURATE ESTIMATE. WE WILL NOTIFY YOU BY E-MAIL WHEN WE HAVE AN ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE FOR THIS PRODUCT.'.......so no date yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Got some stuff in this week.

20140326_120849_zpsbd69b0f9.jpg

20140326_120911_zpsa3c51095.jpg

20140326_120910_zps43d5617a.jpg

20140326_1209330_zps3ab96176.jpg

20140326_120939_zps18430b6f.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

RangeR wrote: »

639.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

J o e wrote: »
    Bill Cosby

I don't get it

J o e wrote: »
    639.gif

639.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

20140326_120849_zpsbd69b0f9.jpg

20140326_120911_zpsa3c51095.jpg

20140326_120910_zps43d5617a.jpg

20140326_1209330_zps3ab96176.jpg

When did u get the phone?

leemaree wrote: »
    When did u get the phone?

The actual phones haven't arrived yet, but will soon. Just dummy / shelf units for the various stores. However, they are identical to the real thing, from the outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Huh, it's actually not as ugly as the release photos led me to believe. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Its 560 Sterling on Amazon, roughly 680 Euro :O released on the 18th. I guess I wont be getting it for a little bit anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭thomasj

For you mums out there, turns out it has a baby monitor..........

http://mblog.gsmarena.com/samsung-galaxy-s5-features-a-baby-monitor/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Any word on a release date from any of the Irish mobile providers ? Three keep telling me the middle of April sometime but since that's 2-3 weeks away you would think they might have published a release date. Can't see anything else on any of the other Irish providers sites. Was looking at the note 3 as I'm already due an upgrade.

Strumms wrote: »
    Any word on a release date from any of the Irish mobile providers ? Three keep telling me the middle of April sometime but since that's 2-3 weeks away you would think they might have published a release date. Can't see anything else on any of the other Irish providers sites. Was looking at the note 3 as I'm already due an upgrade.

The global release date has been set a good while ago.

The global release date has been set a good while ago.

of this i am aware but as to when we can expect to receive info from irish providers re: release dates etc. is what i am interested in... but ermmm. thanks anyway.. or not..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭Ihackedboardz

Carphonewarehouse tell me they'll have it on April 11th & if you preorder, you'll get a case thrown in with it, available for upgrades & new connections

supposedly they were expecting the HTC one m8 today or tomorrow (was speaking to them on Sat)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Craigels

My mam got an email from Carphone warehouse today about her pre order they wanted to know what store she wanted to collect from... Do you just reply with the name of preferred store. I thought it strange there wasn't a link with a drop down menu. Do they look at every email and then notify stores or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Cheers for that, i have to say i know its early days and thats just a dummy but that looks really cheap, the chrome looks horrible.

Finally got verbal confirmation from 3 today that they will be releasing around the 11th too although they don't have a pricing guide of any sort at present. Strikes me as odd considering the release is 10 days away...

I might just upgrade to the Note 3 instead to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Strumms wrote: »
    Finally got verbal confirmation from 3 today that they will be releasing around the 11th too although they don't have a pricing guide of any sort at present. Strikes me as odd considering the release is 10 days away...

I might just upgrade to the Note 3 instead to be honest.

Same price as the S3 and S4 when they were released surely.

Whites due in tomorrow. Might have pics then, maybe.

The Demo photos I posted earlier are actually the black unit. I thought they were blue. I've just seen the Blue demos. They are gank sky blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

02 Has the phone on pre-order for €619.99

• Advertisement

leemaree wrote: »
    02 Has the phone on pre-order for €619.99

If yer gonna spend that much money, you might as well purchase an unlocked one from a non network store.

Up until 20 minutes ago, I was 100% going to purchase an SGS5. However, does anyone speak German? Does that German sticker say that the phone is EU locked?

20140403_090312_zps998d2d38.jpg

20140403_090302_zpseacd3ee7.jpg

20140403_085957_zps50c1f839.jpg

20140403_090113_zpsc4433c58.jpg

20140403_090124_zps47935387.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

Seems so.

According to this.
    http://www.sammobile.com/2013/11/14/samsung-issues-yet-another-statement-to-clarify-its-regional-lock-policy/

When the phone is first powered on it must work with a EU SIM for 5 minutes. After that it'll work with the normal worldwide sims. Apparently it's to stop you from buying the phone from China cheaply to use in Europe.
    Sure, sure, that's something that could never go wrong :cool:

I presume your German sticker is similar to this US one

http://img.talkandroid.com/uploads/2013/09/samsung_region_lock_sticker_americas-450x334.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Paybel

Up until 20 minutes ago, I was 100% going to purchase an SGS5. However, does anyone speak German? Does that German sticker say that the phone is EU locked?
    20140403_085957_zps50c1f839.jpg

I did a wee google translate of the german and yup you have to use it in Europe for at least 5 mins, I suppose you have to make a phone call on it to "activate it" Kinda like activating a bank card in their bank ATM and not in another country ;)

13600389023_b88391ed82.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I have a white one pre-ordered with Amazon.es but they still aren't giving a date. Amazon.co.uk are saying the 18th.

I thought it was the 11th?

kaizersoze wrote: »
    I have a white one pre-ordered with Amazon.es but they still aren't giving a date. Amazon.co.uk are saying the 18th.

I thought it was the 11th?

Samsung said that they are launching world wide on the 11th. In real terms, what I read into that is that they are trying to get stock to all customers [retailers] before that date. They may miss one or two, I suppose. It's an ambitious goal on Sammy's part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Playing with a demo model of this today and meh it just feels like a tightend up version of the s4. The back panel feels much better than the S4 and it feels a bit more premium other than that.... build quality is samsung through and through improved but you know straight away its a samsung.
    Touchwiz still feels like touchwiz the loudspeaker pales in comparison to the HTC One M8 which was always gonna be the case.
    The extra 0.1 inch means practically nothing compared to the S4 and M8 its defo not a deal breaker.
    The settings has a nice touch where you can minimize each category like networks, display and so on.

The S fitness app and heart beat monitor works grand pedometer too. Although one of the lads had no heartbeat :pac:

I know which phone gets my choice, people will prefer this over the M8 and Z2 each to their own but not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭medic087

Fingerprint scanner doesn't look very intuitive. A letdown when they had over 7 months to refine what apple released.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3C6OW8eMGk&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

medic087 wrote: »
    Fingerprint scanner doesn't look very intuitive. A letdown when they had over 7 months to refine what apple released.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3C6OW8eMGk&feature=youtu.be

I don't know where your coming across as if apple had a finger scanner first. I had a Motorola Atrix 4G a number of years ago with a fingerprint scanner on the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭medic087

I don't know where your coming across as if apple had a finger scanner first. I had a Motorola Atrix 4G a number of years ago with a fingerprint scanner on the back.

I realise that. Just commenting that apples implementation is far better in my opinion.

Advertisement