Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount Woseley Recommendation

Options
  • 06-01-2014 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,

I have taken the nerve wracking step and proposed to my girlfriend and thankfully she said yes. The next thing to worry about is the little issue of planning a wedding.

We want to hold it in Co. Carlow and are thinking of having the reception in the Mount Woseley Hotel in Summer 2015.

Can anyone recommend them or provide some advice re: price, experience, service, accommodation etc for a wedding of between 160 and 200 guests?

Thanks

GaryDyer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

GaryDyer wrote: »
    Hi,

I have taken the nerve wracking step and proposed to my girlfriend and thankfully she said yes. The next thing to worry about is the little issue of planning a wedding.

We want to hold it in Co. Carlow and are thinking of having the reception in the Mount Woseley Hotel in Summer 2015.

Can anyone recommend them or provide some advice re: price, experience, service, accommodation etc for a wedding of between 160 and 200 guests?

Thanks

GaryDyer

Hay Garry, congrats, I am just after doing the same. I was at a wedding last year in the woseley and had the best time ever. I stayed there a few times before because my old boss is the owner. I don't know what your budget is but ask for Lisa Morrisy and she will be more than happy to look after you. Best of luck.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Congratulations! The Mount is very popular for weddings (have a look at tripadvisor.)Do you know which church (if any) you want to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

I highly recommend the MW, I worked there myself in the F&B department and I have only praise, from the owners down to the staff on the ground they are all dedicated and their customers comes first at all costs

Zeppi

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Johnatorium

I was at a wedding there and it was sh1te, to be honest. Average food, average ballroom, and the bride and groom didn't get the greatest treatment from the hotel. In Carlow, I'd recommend The Lord Bagenal above anywhere else for a wedding. Great food, great venue, organization is unbelievable, and service is second to none

Advertisement