Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Courses.

Options
  • 06-01-2014 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I'm in the middle of my first year of a level 7 course and would like to change to a level 8 for next year. What way will I go about doing this? Do I continue with the course this year or drop out? Do I apply through CAO? Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

I'm in the middle of my first year of a level 7 course and would like to change to a level 8 for next year. What way will I go about doing this? Do I continue with the course this year or drop out? Do I apply through CAO? Any help would be appreciated.

Talk to the colleges concerned. Can you transfer into the 2nd year of the level 8 course if you complete first year of the level 7?

If you drop out of the level 7 course you may not receive funding for some or all of the first year of the level 8 course. However if you complete the level 7 course you wont be eligible for funding for 3 years of the level 8 course. If you cant transfer between the courses you might need to apply through the CAO. However if the level 8 is in the same college as the level 7 an internal application may be possible.

Advertisement