Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone in Stradbally?

Options
  • 06-01-2014 5:16pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Apparently ,as a child , I was brought down a cliff path to Lady's Cove, around the headland from Ballyvooney Cove. Is it still accessible and is there an easier way than scrambling down a cliff???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

There it is in 2005 http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,639236,597651,7,0 , check it out in the different maps and ortho views from the preview maps menu and for a newer view try google earth.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Had checked on the OSI viewer,thanks, but was hoping someone had climbed down there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

Guessed that but also though some people might not know where you were talking about so put up the picture/map link. I'll check with some mates that live nearby, one is well know for having had the Coast Guard out to get him off one beach where he got stuck at high tide so I bet he'll know :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Got a pm with more information, but every bit is good!

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Deise Musashi

I'll ask my brother in law when i see him, the house he grew up in is the one out on the headland over Stradbally Cove.
    If anyone knows a route to get lobster pots up from the ocean it's him or his brothers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement