Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going back to college 13 years later....

Options
  • 06-01-2014 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I failed my third year in a Science degree in UCD in 2000 and due to personal issues deferred for a year, believing I would go back again. This didn't happen and I went straight into the work place.
    Its something I've always regretted and would love to go back to studying science and complete my degree in Zoology. Are there any part time/evening courses available where I could achieve this in UCD, or could you advise of any other colleges that would offer evening courses to degree level?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I know there are part time and evening courses available in UCD. I don't know what level they can get you to. But I check the website, find out more and go for it if you feel you can!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

DrunkenLor,

I was in UCD for the open day for mature students just yesterday. Still trying to get my head around it.
    If I were you I'd search UCD's website a bit to see the options and then contact someone either in the particular department related to your studies or the mature students office.
    There was a presentation held by Emma Donnelly from Admissions, who seemed very sound.
    Also Ronan Murphy, who is Mature Years Students' adviser was very helpful.

I was inquiring a part time course, although in a completely different field, and found it a bit difficult.
    But it might be different for yourself. I know that DCU are running Oscail programme, which is a distance learning if that's of any interest. The private colleges do loads of evening/part time courses but they seems to be mostly business/law orientated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

im not 100% certain on this, but afaik you cant do a science degree in ucd part-time, probably due to the workload, ive only seen arts and human science dgrees that you can do part-time there. But contacting ucd directly would be your best option, they will give you a definite answer

Advertisement