Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a tall, slim stove, please

• 06-01-2014 5:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭

Something with min 10kw output and preferably multifuel. I like the Dovre astroline 4cb but its out of our budget at nearly 3k. The Charnwood Cove 3 is also lovely but enourmous and had a huge output. I would like something oblong with a rectangular window- tall ish and not too deep..no more than 45cm.

Looking at the Jotuls and the Invicta Argos also.

OH is mad keen to get a stove that you can burn coal in, but of the above on the Dovre is suitable - and it's by far the most expensive at nearly 3k.

Has anyone any recommendations?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

Something with min 10kw output and preferably multifuel. I like the Dovre astroline 4cb but its out of our budget at nearly 3k.

3K including installation? The Stove itself is about 2,2K with pedestal base. In the market for one similar myself.

PS. The Morso line, better reputation, 10 year warranty, 7900 (approx. 2.5K) series or slightly smaller 7400 (approx. 2K) series. Max output from US Site is about 10KW for larger one and 8KW for smaller one. European Site only quote nominal output figures. Only caveat is that its a wood burner, no coal allowed, but you can use turf/briquettes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

No. Its about 3k to buy. Actually have managed to.find it a bit cheaper. Looking at Nestor Martin rh33 also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭TTTT

Something with min 10kw output and preferably multifuel. I like the Dovre astroline 4cb but its out of our budget at nearly 3k. The Charnwood Cove 3 is also lovely but enourmous and had a huge output. I would like something oblong with a rectangular window- tall ish and not too deep..no more than 45cm.

Looking at the Jotuls and the Invicta Argos also.

OH is mad keen to get a stove that you can burn coal in, but of the above on the Dovre is suitable - and it's by far the most expensive at nearly 3k.

Has anyone any recommendations?

Thanks

Try the http://www.lanordica-extraflame.com/en/ range. Tall and slim and have a huge range of different styles and outputs.

I have a 6Kw one for 3 years now and I can't recommend it enough. They are wood burners but will also burn turf, briquettes and lignite. I burn mostly eco-logs in mine although sometimes I use lignite for overnight burns but it's so easy to light it's not really necessary. Only problem with woodburners is that you have to stoke them every 1.5 to 2 hours. I also have a multifuel that I can fill with anthracite and it'll be fine for 8-12 hours but I've never seen a tall and thin coal stove.

No. Its about 3k to buy

Have a quote of €2,190 for Dovre Astroline 4CB in my hand...!! That's a big difference, and you CAN burn coal in this one ;)

TTTT wrote: »
    They are wood burners but will also burn turf, briquettes and lignite. I burn mostly eco-logs in mine although sometimes I use lignite for overnight burns but it's so easy to light it's not really necessary.

Quick question TTTT if you wouldn't mind? I see the Morso says it accepts Briquettes also. I would have access to Turf, does this have any negative affect on the stove that you are aware of, both short term (dunno, maybe glass air wash etc) or long term, i.e Flue cleaning, or deposits building up quicker than wood etc?

Thanks...

• Advertisement

Have a quote of €2,190 for Dovre Astroline 4CB in my hand...!! That's a big difference, and you CAN burn coal in this one ;)

Share your quote please. A great price.

PM sent...

Thanks. That is great. Such a pity so many of the lovely contemporary stoves are wood burner only. Even some stove shops speak negatively about them and OH really wants a coal burner.
    Its a minefield.

Between Dovre Astroline 3cb and Nestor Martin RH 33. Which wld people recommend? Both multifuel.

Dovre;
    +
    Looks good
    Can go into corner therefore angles correctly to room.

-
    Worried about fact its 10kw. Some calculators give us 11 or 12kw necc for room due to 6m ceiling height and one wall entirely glass.

NM
    +
    Larger output

-
    Ugly! Won't angle correctly to room
    Possibly too large an output if sitting in front of it

Any advice??

Well I think a convection stove wont have the same heat blast if sitting in front of it. Not sure of the NM is convection or not. I nearly went for the Dovre, BTW, I read somewhere that the Astroline is 6KW nominal and 10KW max. The 10KW spec is definitely a max spec and not nominal. If you went for the NM, of which I believe is a fantastic brand you do not have to fire it near its capacity anyhow.
    I went ahead with the Morso, by all accounts, its by far the nicest Ive seen, top KW output of 10.5. Wood doesn't bother me, Im told I can burn Wood, Briquettes and Turf, don't see any reason for Coal at all. Best of luck..

PS. When using the calculators, bear in mind your own house, how modern is it, insulation etc. Also the calculator assumes its 0 degrees outside. And one last thing, if you are using single wall flue pipe inside (not double skinned insulated pipe), each metre length, (2 max I think), could potentially up your heat output 1KW per metre flue pipe, so Im told anyhow!

• Advertisement
Advertisement