Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lanzarote Marathon 2014

Options
  • 06-01-2014 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

I know its way way off but no harm in thorough planning! The reason I was asking is because I'm thinking of booking it while the accomodation is incredibly cheap in Puerto Del Carmen. So what I was wondering is has anyone run ran this before? Whats it like in terms of organisation? Is it a hilly course or flatish? Does the temperature prove a factor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Have a read of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

Yikes! and the very odd irony is that I've gotten food poisoning from a restaurant in Lanzarote before aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

I know its way way off but no harm in thorough planning! The reason I was asking is because I'm thinking of booking it while the accomodation is incredibly cheap in Puerto Del Carmen. So what I was wondering is has anyone run ran this before? Whats it like in terms of organisation? Is it a hilly course or flatish? Does the temperature prove a factor?

That report Ger linked through to was mine. The route itself was meant to be along the coast from costa Teguise to Puerta del Carmen and back. About 6 weeks before the race though they had to switch it to start in the hills above CT as there was too much roadworks on the initial course apparently. So, not sure which course they will end up with next year.

The organisation seemed to be pretty decent and there was a decent crowd out in CT to cheer people on. The race HQ is in the Sands resort hotel in CT and everything is pretty low key in general. There is a HM and 10km on the same day too. On the day the temps soared to about 24/25 and the weather was windy (the norm for Lanza!). Even if I hadn't been ill I'd say I'd have struggled to PB given the course profile and the weather to be honest.
    I'll probably return to the Canaries again at a similar time over the next couple of years but I wouldn't be in any rush to rerun this marathon. Perhaps that sums it up best.

Advertisement