Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray Seafront Flooded

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Tippex

.243 wrote: »

I would be surprised if this hadn't gone out to tender (might be wrong on that).
    TBH the fact that they were brought in from china is 100% irrelevant as it was a Bray Company who were engaged to provide the seat backs and it was them who subsequently engaged a foundry in china.
    Without knowing the process that was gone through to decide on who won the contract we can only surmise.
    So I think in this case its wrong to be blaming the council.

*I am in no way a fan of the council and think a lot of the decisions they have made over the last 25 or so years have been absolutely bonkers and short sighted *

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

I've been out of Bray since 1989 and the seats backs had been disappearing for years before that - likewise the half smashed light columns at the steps. The timber seating which was still very much intact in the late 1960s was also allowed to gradually disappear. The UDC have a truly awful record when it comes to maintenance. The original turquoise blue and orange paint scheme on the railings and seatbacks was much more striking than the present back and red.

braypromenade.jpg

I still visit the town every couple of years but it only depresses me now. :(

Personally I prefer this older colour scheme. I realize other people will have different opinions. Could somebody more clever than I set up some sort of poll perhaps?

Advertisement