Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

Set up a US account on my ps3 and downloaded the network app. Now to get someone in the States to sign me up on Monday :P

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

I wonder would using a virtual Credit Card(like entropy) would work since your paying in $. Hopefully It will be like Hulu Plus because I have no problem using my Irish Credit Card when paying that sub

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

So could someone run me through how to get this on my ps3 tomorrow, is it going to be possible? Hopefully it's as easy as getting the US Netflix was but I doubt it.

So could someone run me through how to get this on my ps3 tomorrow, is it going to be possible? Hopefully it's as easy as getting the US Netflix was but I doubt it.

We wont know till tomorrow. The potential problem is that you will probably have to sign up with an American credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I wonder would using a virtual Credit Card(like entropy) would work since your paying in $. Hopefully It will be like Hulu Plus because I have no problem using my Irish Credit Card when paying that sub

Entropay says its Visa's are verified by Visa europe so could be in trouble there.

We won't know until tomorrow though!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Entropay says its Visa's are verified by Visa europe so could be in trouble there.

We won't know until tomorrow though!

Tuesday our time. The network launches after Raw tomorrow night. I would love to be able to sign up to it but I have a horrible feeling we won't be able to. Fingers, toes and hair strands crossed tho.

C'mon Vince take my money ;)

Loughc wrote: »
    Tuesday our time. The network launches after Raw tomorrow night. I would love to be able to sign up to it but I have a horrible feeling we won't be able to. Fingers, toes and hair strands crossed tho.

C'mon Vince take my money ;)

Launches at 9AM tomorrow (eastern time I think). You'll be able to access the catalogue and all then but the 24/7 channel bit launches after Raw.

Tomorrow at 2pm GMT. Card details at the ready. Tunnelbear topped up! :P :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Tomorrow at 2pm GMT. Card details at the ready. Tunnelbear topped up! :P :P

As much as I know I will purchase the network, Im in no rush to get it. I can wait a week or so if it becomes available some how.

If anyone gets it working tomorrow - PM me ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd say the servers won't be able to handle it at first and it could be very slow for the first few days.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

If anyone gets it working tomorrow - PM me ;)

Same here guys! Any luck let me know what avenues ye go thru! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I know it's only in the us from tomorrow but I'm going to try and see how I get on. The worst that can happen is they not let me sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

Will the pre-shows be on the Network?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I'd say the servers won't be able to handle it at first and it could be very slow for the first few days.

They are utilising MLB's infrastructure. Given that MLB are currently in the off season I'd say they will have loads of bandwidth spare.

Plus, for now its just people signing up and maybe watching some on demand content.

Can you imagine when all those people are streaming live WrestleMania at the same time? That would be a bigger concern, but even so MLB.tv are used to this kind of thing so I don't think it will be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Was just thinking if they do allow international credit cards, can you imagine how much that would skew the results when they announce US subscriber numbers? :D A lot better than expected, for sure!

Read on twitter last night that in the latest issue of FSM they will tell you how to get the network over here. Anyone with this months issue know what it said?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I guess we will find out come 2p.m. our time.

I managed to download the WWE Network App to my PS3 last night, via my American Account - really hope that my Irish Credit Card will work though. If so, Sky Sports is getting dropped like a bad habit!

Any idea how to set up a USA PS3 account?

Edit, just managed it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Is anyone else having problems with WWE.com?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭cena

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I guess we will find out come 2p.m. our time.

I managed to download the WWE Network App to my PS3 last night, via my American Account - really hope that my Irish Credit Card will work though. If so, Sky Sports is getting dropped like a bad habit!

How much is the network going to cost

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

^^^
    $9.99 a month
    orestes wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems with WWE.com?

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/wwe.com.html

Create a new account on your PS3 then sign up for PSN. Put your location as the US instead of Ireland.

Edit, just managed it!

PMed ya there

cena wrote: »
    How much is the network going to cost

$9.99 a month, but with a 6 month commitment, so really $59.94

Ill be hoping for a way to get it on the 360, have my DNS settings sorted for US netflix, if i can download teh app and sign up ill be laughing. In no rush yet

I've just seen there that you can pay via Paypal - would this mean that there would be no need to fret over getting an American Debit / Credit card?

paypal has region locking. doh!

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I've just seen there that you can pay via Paypal - would this mean that there would be no need to fret over getting an American Debit / Credit card?

We wont know for sure til later, people speculate different things about how it will work. Some saying it wont matter, some saying it may.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭cena

10 dollars a month is great value. How quick well raw be put on the network say nights raw well it be put up tomorrow morning

Advertisement