Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Network Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Krooshma

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Looking forward to "WWE 24: Goldberg" being uploaded after Raw tonight! I'll give it a watch tomorrow night.

Really enjoyed it and deff worth a watch

I was amazed even though he looked jacked on the night of his return he was actually a but unfit and had train a few times a day too get in ring shape. He seems like a sound dude but I'd hate to be on his bad side

It was very interesting.. I think he defientely eluded to having mental health problems relating anger anxiety and so on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Goldberg went up in my estimation after watching that, which it should I suppose if it was made any way well.

It was a good show, his wife came across really well. Big Bill came across liked a mixed bag and like the return was good for him overall. Seems like a smart man and happy to see he looks like he is in a good place in life.

Also a much better talker than I ever realised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I enjoyed the documentary too. Bill seems quite a quick-witted guy. That was a particularly nice save when his son falls over while attempting to join him in the ring. "He's even taking bumps now which is one more than I ever took".

One thing that's noticeable about these WWE productions though is how they try to spin the narrative to suit them. You are given the impression that Bill was distant and uncooperative towards the big WWE family. They fail to mention that WWE had screwed with the WCW guys during the Invasion angle which had put Sting off so much that he kept away from them for a decade afterwards. A guy like Bill would have to be wary after that, especially when they started tinkering with his character - the Goldust wig for example. They also don't mention that they began asking Bill to work more dates than he had agreed in his initial contract and when he refused, they began moaning and claiming he was acting like a big shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Got an email in error about signing up for a free month (even though I'm a payed subscriber). They sent me another one after it saying sorry about that and thanking me for being a paid member since day 1

Anyway there's a new series starting after Survivor Series called WWE 365 and follows a superstar around for a year. First episode is Kevin Owens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Got an email in error about signing up for a free month (even though I'm a payed subscriber). They sent me another one after it saying sorry about that and thanking me for being a paid member since day 1

Anyway there's a new series starting after Survivor Series called WWE 365 and follows a superstar around for a year. First episode is Kevin Owens

I got the same email. Felt like a slap in the face for being a long term subscriber.

Loughc wrote: »
    I got the same email. Felt like a slap in the face for being a long term subscriber.

Yeah they should give us 20% off wwe shop or something. We're getting stung for being long term really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

New series, WWE 365, is live now. Follows Kevin Owens for a year, from Summerslam to Summerslam.

Pretty interesting. Kevin seems like the kind of guy that's never happy with his performance, however good it might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Vince was as unimpressed by Owens vs Jericho as most were.
    Thought he was honest at times but at other moments like how he won/lost the Universal title were company narrative & stood out more in the wrong way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Haha as a lapsed subscriber, I checked my email, 3 free months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just got an Email 3 months for €0.99 cent a Cyber Monday deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Just got an Email 3 months for €0.99 cent a Cyber Monday deal.

I let my Sub expire since it's pretty much terrible to watch these days, took the 99c though, wanted to see AJ/Brock.

It wasn't even that good.

I took it to watch the War Games match and it was great.

It's on my list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It's on my list

The List of Jerichoholic?

Seriously, that whole Takeover is an amazing show. Hope you watch and enjoy.

It's on my list

Brilliant. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

I let my Sub expire since it's pretty much terrible to watch these days, took the 99c though, wanted to see AJ/Brock.

It wasn't even that good.
    Maybe a stupid question, I got the email for three months to but it was for 99c in dollars and Ireland is not an option to sign up, did ye have this issue

I got the email, and i'm a current subscriber.

I've been subscribing since the US launch, with no break in subs

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I got the email, and i'm a current subscriber.

I've been subscribing since the US launch, with no break in subs

They'll email you again saying it was a mistake.

Happend to me a couple of weeks ago.

Just watched table for 3 with Finn and the Hardy's I could have listened to them for hours 20 minutes was way too short.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Just watched table for 3 with Finn and the Hardy's I could have listened to them for hours 20 minutes was way too short.

Did not know this was a thing, better check it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Mid Atlantic from late 1981, most of 1982, and 1983(the 1983 stuff has supposedly never been out there before)

not sure was Enzo just in character on straight to the source or he is just a prick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

not sure was Enzo just in character on straight to the source or he is just a prick

a little from column A and a lot from column B

I've just watched the Enzo Amore thing on the network and even though he was probably in character(although the best characters are their own turned up full) but you can see why he is supposedly hated backstage. Also I know it's wrestling but him dropping Ric Flair into it was a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Coliseum Home Video releases are rumoured to be added on Feb 5th.

• Advertisement

I'm surprised they haven't uploaded "WWF Superstars" - the weekly TV show from the 80's/90's yet.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

oneilla wrote: »
    Coliseum Home Video releases are rumoured to be added on Feb 5th.

Old episodes of Sunday Night Heat and wCw Thunder also set to be added in February.

Old episodes of Sunday Night Heat and wCw Thunder also set to be added in February.

Where did you see that mate? I know Thunder is ****e for the most part but I still want them added :D

The r/wwenetwork on Reddit often has news and links to news about what's due to be added. Doesn't always pan out exactly mind...

Kurt Angle posted a pic on Instagram of him doing a Table for 3 with AJ Styles and Shane McMahon.

Where did you see that mate? I know Thunder is ****e for the most part but I still want them added :D

A few of the wrestling new sites are reporting it, just spotted it there on Rajah.com as well.

• Advertisement

A few of the wrestling new sites are reporting it, just spotted it there on Rajah.com as well.

Ah cheers. The reports are only saying it's rumoured they'll be uploaded. Not confirmed like the coliseum videos.

Just feels like Heat and Thunder are rumoured to go in every month haha.

sugarman wrote: »
    Signed up for the free trial there to catch the rumble and gorge on the attitude era.

First time trying it out, fairly impressed but can't help feel we're being slightly ripped off with their pricing compared to the US and even UK.

Has anyone tried using revolut and signing up to a US account? Would it work here without a VPN? would only work out as 8quid a month then.

I signed up using an Irish card, and don't need a VPN

I just use Hola when signing up for the US pricing as I sometimes get offers like 3 months for a dollar or another month free or whatever. I don't need VPN to access, but last time I did it I had to use Hola when signing up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I signed up using an Irish card, and don't need a VPN

I did this originally too with a VPN and a fake US address and dumped the VPN when the Network became available here. Saves a few quid every month. I don’t watch it that much but it’s probably worth it for NXT/Takeovers and PPVs. Plus the occasional nostalgia trip or curiosity as to the very old stuff.

Pentecost wrote: »
    I did this originally too with a VPN and a fake US address and dumped the VPN when the Network became available here. Saves a few quid every month. I don’t watch it that much but it’s probably worth it for NXT/Takeovers and PPVs. Plus the occasional nostalgia trip or curiosity as to the very old stuff.

X2

They are uploading some Coleseum Home Videos next month.

I'm watching the 2001 Royal Rumble and oh jesus what an event. The WWF title match between Kurt Angle and Trips is a great match. I'll watch the Royal Rumble match itself tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Jericho and benoit put on a classic ladder match in that but cant bare to watch benoit.

Great event that year

sky88 wrote: »
    Jericho and benoit put on a classic ladder match in that but cant bare to watch benoit.

Great event that year

I can watch Benoit matches if it's a multi man match where he isn't one of the main focus(One of two)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I dumped sky and pay for the network. Pity Raw and Smackdown are on a 4 week delay but it is easy to stay away from spoilers by not going near wrestling sites. I have to say it is refreshing not reading about rumours about storylines and such as just let it unfold as I watch

• Advertisement

I dumped sky and pay for the network. Pity Raw and Smackdown are on a 4 week delay but it is easy to stay away from spoilers by not going near wrestling sites. I have to say it is refreshing not reading about rumours about storylines and such as just let it unfold as I watch

Sure a full months subscription of sky(all the packages) would pay for a years WWE Network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

How does that work with PPVs? Do you not watch them until you’ve caught up on Raw/Smackdown?

I can confirm that the 2001 royal rumble match still holds up.

Decided to watch the 2005 rumble match and that poor tough enough kid. Benoit, Guerrero, and holly were like three lumberjacks chopping a tree. I felt the pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Pentecost wrote: »
    How does that work with PPVs? Do you not watch them until you’ve caught up on Raw/Smackdown?

Yep basically I am 4 weeks behind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Anyone else using this on ps4 experiencing regular drops in picture quality? I'm watching last nights NXT show and it's fluctuating a lot. I ask because I got new broadband in recently (Vodafone siro) and I'm worried it's not connecting well to the PlayStation but it's hard to tell cos PSN has had a lot of issues this week.

In the same room I'm getting around 80mbs on my laptop but if it doesn't work properly with my PlayStation it's pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Had the same issues on the PS4 last night too. Gave up in the end and watched it this afternoon instead. I'd say it was more due to PSN than the WWEN, tbh, like you said the PSN has been a bit dodgy recently, and it's the first time in a while that I've had problems with the WWEN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Anyone else using this on ps4 experiencing regular drops in picture quality? I'm watching last nights NXT show and it's fluctuating a lot. I ask because I got new broadband in recently (Vodafone siro) and I'm worried it's not connecting well to the PlayStation but it's hard to tell cos PSN has had a lot of issues this week.

In the same room I'm getting around 80mbs on my laptop but if it doesn't work properly with my PlayStation it's pointless.

Was a bit funky on the PS4 last night, seems to be ok for the pre-show so far!

Yep. It's why I switched to using Chromecast.

• Advertisement

I thought the 24 episode on last years WM was very boring apart from the few minutes on Taker and the Hardys.

I just have no interest in Cena/Nikki Bella.

Advertisement