Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Network Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well the days of getting it for 9.99 are over for us in Ireland it seems. Next billing date for me is August 5th at 12.99. Well those of us who signed up and got it at the reduced rate got five good years out of it. The thing I’m worried about is when they bring in tiered network prices that us in Ireland will get shafted price wise on that. I mean I wish more things I payout were only 12.99 a month but still it was a nice deal.

I was charged the 9.99 today (my usual billing date and price) but the billing date has changed on the Xbox from July 28th to August 28th for 12.99 :P It's saying the same on desktop now as well so I think this was my last month at 9.99 and it'll be 12.99 from August 28th
    Haha. Are you going to keep the network at 12.99 ?

I did a quick bit of maths on the increase and its 36 quid extra over the year which is 0.70 cent a week extra(I don’t normally in those terms) and I mean to be fair the desktop update looks class but I don’t know what era iPhone they tried it on but it looks stupid on an iPhone screen. My iPad from what I remember from last night was grand.

Honestly it's the removal of the skip to the end of a match feature that is annoying me more :D It was so easy going through old Raws and Nitros (which is all I really watch). Started from the start and have gotten as far as mid 98 haha

It's just a lot easier to follow storylines by going to the finish of a match you don't want to watch rather than skipping it completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Has anyone else's not updated yet? Mines still the same on PS4 and phone. Although I'd rather keep the old one if it meant not losing the skip to end of match feature, why would they get rid of that?

Has anyone else's not updated yet? Mines still the same on PS4 and phone. Although I'd rather keep the old one if it meant not losing the skip to end of match feature, why would they get rid of that?

I think it might be to do with the new upgraded search function. You'll just get the the few results for say "Savage Vs Flair" and not get double the results with "Savage Vs Flair finish" included for each match. That would be my guess.

Honestly it's the removal of the skip to the end of a match feature that is annoying me more :D It was so easy going through old Raws and Nitros (which is all I really watch). Started from the start and have gotten as far as mid 98 haha

It's just a lot easier to follow storylines by going to the finish of a match you don't want to watch rather than skipping it completely.
    Yeah I'd do the same and click to the second "dot" and get the end of the match I didn't want to watch and then get the backstage stuff and get the start of the next match if I wanted it. BUT aim sayinh that I do like that the backstage stuff is getting its own chapter because there have been some brilliant backstage segments in WWE history.

Updated for me now. Have they got rid of the watchlist too or am I blind?

Updated for me now. Have they got rid of the watchlist too or am I blind?
    They said they were removing it during the update but I’ve seen a quote that whatever you had on your wishlist was saved and will be the same when reinstated.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 WWEfansince90s

Hi all - any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I opened the Network app on my iPhone 5s (IOS version 8.4.1) but when I tried to watch a video the following message appeared:

MEDIA ERROR
    An error occurred when attempting to play this video. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please visit wwe.com/help

Is anyone else (with an old iPhone) experiencing this? I tried calling the WWE helpline in Austin Texas but the connection was terrible and I was on hold for 15 minutes on my two attempts. I'd be very disappointed if I can't use the app again as I access it almost daily. I'm aware that if I download the new IOS the app may begin working again but I'm happy with my phone with the current settings.

Thanks

• Advertisement

The minimum iOS is 10.2 now and it was iOS8 so you need to upgrade your iOS on the phone. If you have an iPhone5 you should be able to get to iOS 10.3.3.

Getting rid of the skip to end of match function, I thought this was supposed to be a good update :P Hopefully the watchlist isn't cut. The interface does look a lot better but they were very handy tools, watching through some old Prime Time shows at the minute, there's only so many Lanny Pofo, Hillbilly Jim and Hercules matches one can stomach!

Getting rid of the skip to end of match function, I thought this was supposed to be a good update :P Hopefully the watchlist isn't cut. The interface does look a lot better but they were very handy tools, watching through some old Prime Time shows at the minute, there's only so many Lanny Pofo, Hillbilly Jim and Hercules matches one can stomach!

It's not gone. They said whatever you had saved prior to the relaunch will be there when they bring it back.

My next billing date was the 5th of August after the update and it's now the 8th of August. I mean okay then.:D The only thing that's annoying me is the fact the app isn't fitting the full screen. I know pre 2008 stuff won't stretch and that's just the way it is, but HD stuff from 2008 onwards should be full screen regardless of device.

Sorted out the issue on my iPhone. I had to delete and download the app. I downloaded the app over five years ago on an iPhone5 and for reason the app assumed I still had that phone. Looks great now. ðŸ‘

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

has anyone been able to cast from there phone to a chromecast wasnt coming up as an option looked around and couldnt see an option anywhere on it. hoping its just me being stupid.

using an iphone

sky88 wrote: »
    has anyone been able to cast from there phone to a chromecast wasnt coming up as an option looked around and couldnt see an option anywhere on it. hoping its just me being stupid.

using an iphone
    It's not there at the moment but they are saying they are working to fix it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I think the watchlist is under your account now.

Got stung for the 12.99 as well. Might unsub at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭087brain21

sky88 wrote: »

using an iphone

Get a cheap android box and watch through your tv thats how i watch the network
    couldn't watch a 3 hour ppv on my phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

087brain21 wrote: »
    Get a cheap android box and watch through your tv thats how i watch the network
    couldn't watch a 3 hour ppv on my phone

Not a bad option.
    I would also suggest using a Roku. Can buy one for around 30/40 euro from the likes of Harvey Norman. You can also get other apps like ROH Honor Club and even OTT etc. Well worth it. Could easily spend that on a night out.

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Ah Gerry let's look at it logically here. Yeah it's a pain in the arse getting stung for the higher monthly price but did we honestly think it would last forever ? I didn't think we'd get over five years. I was convinced WWE would decide to cut us off because we found a loophole. Sure the increase wouldn't even give you price of a pint.
    Gerry I say sleep on it.

Ah Gerry let's look at it logically here. Yeah it's a pain in the arse getting stung for the higher monthly price but did we honestly think it would last forever ? I didn't think we'd get over five years. I was convinced WWE would decide to cut us off because we found a loophole. Sure the increase wouldn't even give you price of a pint.
    Gerry I say sleep on it.

• Advertisement

Still no sign of a watchlist on mine. I see they have gotten rid of the hidden gems section that was in the vault too, why like? Not a fan of the update at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Finally signed up to the network through fire fox on the laptop. First impressions aren’t great. What’s the best way of navigating it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Finally signed up to the network through fire fox on the laptop. First impressions aren’t great. What’s the best way of navigating it?

Easy go to sign out and cancel your subscription.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I hope you got a free month or whatever because otherwise you've just signed up to pay money to see Corbin/Rollins, Shane O/Reigns and Becky/Flair on PPV over and over again.

I guess you could watch some of the stuff from the late 90s/early 00s to see something other than a wrestling company that could be best described as "beige".

lawlolawl wrote: »
    I hope you got a free month or whatever because otherwise you've just signed up to pay money to see Corbin/Rollins, Shane O/Reigns and Becky/Flair on PPV over and over again.

I guess you could watch some of the stuff from the late 90s/early 00s to see something other than a wrestling company that could be best described as "beige".

So you're back off a 2 week ban without a gimmick change huh? Just picking back up where you left off?

Okay well my next billing date in now the day on summer slam this year. Since the new network update my billing date is moving further away. I mean at some point surely to Christ I will be charged for August.

I give up lads. I got charged the old price this morning(my old date of billing) of 9.99 and my next billing date at the new price is September 18th. I give up trying to understand what the people in charge are thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Why did they remove the watch next episode grrrr

Why did they remove the watch next episode grrrr
    They didn't. It's now just you can turn it on and off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

They didn't. It's now just you can turn it on and off.

Is that in the settings or something?

• Advertisement

Is that in the settings or something?

Yes. If you go to watch a video for example on your phone there is a little wheel type symbol in the bottom right corner next to the full screen icon. It gives settings to change audio language, subtitles, and autoplay on or off.

Still no sign of the watchlist returning.

So the next date of renewal is sept 23rd. Are the creative team booking my renewal dates now or what ? Just making this **** up as they are going along it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Was thinking of renewing before the weekend for Summerslam but have been reading that the update has made it a pain to cancel. Some saying you have to email customer support etc.

Is this true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone watch the new Big show documentary

Fair play to him for doing so well in his recovery and he could reappear any day now for another in ring run (no doubt with plenty of face/heel turns)

Saw him in the Spencer a few times when they were over in Dublin and hes such a nice guy and really gives his time to fans when he can. Thought he was bigger tho but could of been just to the size of the lobby. I. Imagine you would really notice his nice in a small room. Still a big man and 5ft 6 me would not stand a chance lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

J. Marston wrote: »
    Was thinking of renewing before the weekend for Summerslam but have been reading that the update has made it a pain to cancel. Some saying you have to email customer support etc.

Is this true?

It's true. Used to be the case you could cancel with a few clicks but now that option has been removed from the accounts page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Well shag that so. Services with intentionally obscure cancellation procedures can burn in a fire.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Anyone watch the new Big show documentary

Fair play to him for doing so well in his recovery and he could reappear any day now for another in ring run (no doubt with plenty of face/heel turns)

Saw him in the Spencer a few times when they were over in Dublin and hes such a nice guy and really gives his time to fans when he can. Thought he was bigger tho but could of been just to the size of the lobby. I. Imagine you would really notice his nice in a small room. Still a big man and 5ft 6 me would not stand a chance lol

Did.......did you stalk the wrestlers back to their hotel?:p

Lads I’m fairly new to the network but I’m finding it very tricky to navigate. There’s so much content but I’m finding things randomly. There are tones of series that come up randomly but aren’t actually listed under any category. It’s grand and all but navigating it is such a pain in the hole that I don’t know if I’ll bother beyond the month

• Advertisement

Lads I’m fairly new to the network but I’m finding it very tricky to navigate. There’s so much content but I’m finding things randomly. There are tones of series that come up randomly but aren’t actually listed under any category. It’s grand and all but navigating it is such a pain in the hole that I don’t know if I’ll bother beyond the month

They've "Upgraded" it recently, but honestly, I find it harder now to navigate than before

It's practically unusable on PS4 since the update. Really difficult to navigate, half of the time shows don't continue watching from the spot you left off, fast forward/rewind is really fiddly now, and still no watchlist. The previous PS4 app was really good, never had an issue with it. I don't want to but if it stays like it is I'll be cancelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Zed1601

It's practically unusable on PS4 since the update. Really difficult to navigate, half of the time shows don't continue watching from the spot you left off, fast forward/rewind is really fiddly now, and still no watchlist. The previous PS4 app was really good, never had an issue with it. I don't want to but if it stays like it is I'll be cancelling.

#cancelwwenetwork ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I always had trouble with the Ps4 app was never good for me so i moved to casting it off my phone.

Is there anything in particular you're looking for?

oneilla wrote: »
    Is there anything in particular you're looking for?

not really but its frustrating to be watching one show and then when its over there's a suggestion for something similar that just pops up randomly and id have no idea how to find it otherwise. for example i was watching legends with jbl when he had austin, hhh and hbk on and when that was over up came "The JBL Show" which i didnt know was a thing as i hasnt seen it listed anywhere. ive tried searching things by superstar and that doesnt do much either. navigating ppvs and weekly shows is grand, im mainly interested in docs and series or a list of cool moments but there isnt a concise comprehensive way of searching all available

• Advertisement

Did.......did you stalk the wrestlers back to their hotel?:p

Yeah had time to kill waiting for the show and knew where they were staying ha

Jesus that was all the way back in Nov 2013. Remember attended a signing with the shield before that and done the Guinness tour ha. Attached the cover I got signed by them

J. Marston wrote: »
    Well shag that so. Services with intentionally obscure cancellation procedures can burn in a fire.

It seems they've since added the cancel subscription option back into the account page.

Hidden gems is back as a stand alone group on the network and they have grouped the matches up there in to categories.

So although NXT will be live on USA on Wednesdays, they will show the programme on Thursday on the network.

At least its not a 1 month delay like Raw & Smackdown

So although NXT will be live on USA on Wednesdays, they will show the programme on Thursday on the network.

At least its not a 1 month delay like Raw & Smackdown

Will Sky/BT (Jan 2020) be showing it live Thursday morning ???

• Advertisement
Advertisement