Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Network Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

That botched move by Goldberg was tough to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,394 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

eh i dunno wrote: »
    That botched move by Goldberg was tough to watch.

Yeah taker was blessed that wasn't worse. Michelle McCool comes across very well in this documentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭ThePott

Anyone else getting the feeling that this was commissioned with the idea that AJ vs Undertaker would be his last match but because it became a cinematic match it's not going to be his final match anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was it episode 2 where they showed him complimenting AJ and saying he would want a match with him? And now this episode, they seem to be on good terms with one another.
    Wonder how he gets on with Daniel Bryan.
    One thing that does make me smile is seeing Miz always seeming to get on with him after the stories before of how the likes of JBL used to treat him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Yeah he mentions AJ reminded him of Shawn Michaels.

The Miz always had the last laugh over JBL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

if he had still been alive, Paul bearer would have inducted him imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

ThePott wrote: »
    Anyone else getting the feeling that this was commissioned with the idea that AJ vs Undertaker would be his last match but because it became a cinematic match it's not going to be his final match anymore?

I get that impression too, I definitely don't think he'll leave it at the cinematic match anyway.

That's sort of my problem with the doc. It's well made and a fascinating insight and all but it feels like it lacks a purpose. Seems like it was filmed with the idea of it capturing the end of Undertaker's career. Yet the cycle seems to be that he has a good match and thinks he's still got it or has a bad match and has to redeem himself, starting the whole process again. It's really more about a man who can't stop and has likely missed out on perfect opportunities to do so. I don't see how the last episode can play out with any sense of closure, interested to see it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,108 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ThePott wrote: »
    That's sort of my problem with the doc. It's well made and a fascinating insight and all but it feels like it lacks a purpose. Seems like it was filmed with the idea of it capturing the end of Undertaker's career. Yet the cycle seems to be that he has a good match and thinks he's still got it or has a bad match and has to redeem himself, starting the whole process again. It's really more about a man who can't stop and has likely missed out on perfect opportunities to do so. I don't see how the last episode can play out with any sense of closure, interested to see it though.

Maybe he will announce his retirement in the last episode

Survivor Series would be a decent end point?
    Although I do wonder if after the Boneyard Match he feels like that is a way he can continue the character and not retire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

This years Survivor Series would be 30 years since his debut

But it has to Wrestlemania he finishes at after a Hall of Fame induction the night before ala Ric Flair

I'd like to see him in a proper match against AJ Styles at Summerslam, before a match at Survivor Series, the Rumble and finally Mania sees him bow out for good. Having several matches will keep him fresh you'd hope

I hated how beat up he was pre the Reigns match and then we see him get battered with a chair, there's no good reason for him to be taking chair shots like that or being put through a table like he was another time I can't remember

I reckon he was going to retire at the Mania just gone but the pandemic threw a spanner in the works.

Don't think I'm emotionally ready for the last episode of the taker documentary

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Don't think I'm emotionally ready for the last episode of the taker documentary

Join the club I'm actually afraid to watch it

I watched it and good god I wished I hadn't. I won't spoil anything specific just to say it's very reflective at times and he talks about his parents and his siblings come up.

Feck ya Facebook

I just finished it. One of wwes best shows. Enjoy everyone

I'll tag the below but it isn't really a spoiler, more general discussion
    Among the fact this is how many times he's said it's the last one, I can see an old school guy like Taker wanting to go out on his back. Among the reasons I'm surprised Styles didn't beat him at Mania

I'll tag the below but it isn't really a spoiler, more general discussion
    Among the fact this is how many times he's said it's the last one, I can see an old school guy like Taker wanting to go out on his back. Among the reasons I'm surprised Styles didn't beat him at Mania
    Theres no reason for him to go again tho. He wanted go out in a match he was proud of and he seemed it with that one. It feels so right it was amazing

Theres no reason for him to go again tho. He wanted go out in a match he was proud of and he seemed it with that one. It feels so right it was amazing
    Same could be said about a half dozen matches and was said over the course of the documentary. The brother dying might actually give him a different perspective now, but he'll give it one more go I think

I thought the stop start nature of the cinematic match would help him physically, but as he said it actually makes things worse. My prediction now is one final in ring match in front of a crowd, probably Styles

• Advertisement

Powerful and emotional thank you taker for the memories

Lucky enough to see him in person at a house show in Dublin in 2009

One of the all time greats and looking forward to seeing him go into the HOF

Powerful and emotional thank you taker for the memories

Lucky enough to see him in person at a house show in Dublin in 2009

One of the all time greats and looking forward to seeing him go into the HOF

Was lucky myself to be at mania 26 for his match v HBK and for the last few manias. Hes the G.O.A.T

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'll tag my comments as well
    If that's it, I don't see the documentary being the end in that sense. I'd say he'll make a last appearance in the ring to officially announce his retirement. Sadly no crowd and a lot of his peers won't be there for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,981 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Was lucky myself to be at mania 26 for his match v HBK and for the last few manias. Hes the G.O.A.T

Was there myself, and was very lucky to be at the following Smackdown, ringside, to see him up close - to feel the heat from his Pyro etc. He was in a dark match vs Punk, who was doing the SES at the time. Lots of goofing etc, very enjoyable. Taker, at the very top of his game, in awesome shape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Just to note last WWE dropped some 1989 episodes of Prime Time Wrestling! (Oct-Dec)

2q5w2kJ.jpg

Jeez i miss the kayfabe and how simple wrestling used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 WWEfansince90s

Hi guys, I’m getting the following error when clicking on a video and when clicking on the ‘In Ring’ tab on the top:

Sorry
    Could not load content properly

Is anyone else getting this error? It was working fine until a couple of hours ago!

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭bot43

Hi guys, I’m getting the following error when clicking on a video and when clicking on the ‘In Ring’ tab on the top:

Sorry
    Could not load content properly

Is anyone else getting this error? It was working fine until a couple of hours ago!

Thanks.

Ya pretty much nothing was loading for me on a firestick

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mark Henry's episode of the Broken Skull Sessions is up on the Network today. So far so good. Nice to hear from the man on his own after hearing some of his stories on Table For Three.

• Advertisement

Mark Henry's episode of the Broken Skull Sessions is up on the Network today. So far so good. Nice to hear from the man on his own after hearing some of his stories on Table For Three.

The continuity was killing me when i watched it last night. Steve asks a question at the start, mark looks fine, then the camera pans back and he's dripping in sweat. And it continued that way, between sweaty and dry for the whole thing

I'd love a tier system for the network. I don't watch current day WWE so getting the (main selling point of) PPVs each month for 12.99, for me, is excessive.

I'd love a retro tier where you just get old WWF, WCW and ECW for say 5.99 or 6.99. 12.99 definitely isn't worth it when you're not interested in current stuff. Especially when you compare it to..

Netflix - 11.99
    Amazon prime - 7.99
    Disney + - 6.99
    Now TV - price varies but sports to movies is around the same price as the network.

that'd be cool but i bet WWE would just make the network worse pricing, like $9.99 for the historical stuff, $13.99 for everything u get now!

Although i'm salty as Ireland pays literally the most for a WWE Network sub in the world, at €12.99

odd enough timing for the Ricochet doc and maybe its a sign he will be used more again

Possibly should of stayed in NXT longer

Odd alright you think they'd have held it off till after a PPV like normal too.
    I think the talk was that Heyman was high on Ricochet but who knows know with Pritchard in charge.

Doc was okay but nothing special it was really just a whole documentary of Ricochet being happy where he was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Pentecost

jaykhunter wrote: »
    that'd be cool but i bet WWE would just make the network worse pricing, like $9.99 for the historical stuff, $13.99 for everything u get now!

Although i'm salty as Ireland pays literally the most for a WWE Network sub in the world, at €12.99

I can't believe that I haven't spent a single day in America since I signed up, I'm paying with an Irish card and they're still charging me $9.99. Now why I still pay even that much is another question.

• Advertisement

Pentecost wrote: »
    I can't believe that I haven't spent a single day in America, I'm paying with an Irish card and they're still charging me $9.99. Now why I still pay even that much is another question.

If you look on the Bargain Alerts forum you'll see people paying much cheaper for Netflix via Turkey, you're getting the same thing it seems

There's probably a cheaper country for the Network out there as well to set up from

If you look on the Bargain Alerts forum you'll see people paying much cheaper for Netflix via Turkey, you're getting the same thing it seems

There's probably a cheaper country for the Network out there as well to set up from
    I'm one of them for Netflix, tried with the Network before and couldn't get it to work unfortunately but if someone figures it out I'd love to know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I remember signing up for the Network back around 2014/2015 using a Hola VPN, my BOI debit card and an address in Florida that I previously stayed in on a holiday, I was paying $9.99 every month with BOI's FX rates/charges added so it was always around €9.00 mark per month. Cancelled my account back in 2017 and when there was a 3 month free trial a few months ago the same account still worked again fine

I think with Netflix/Turkey you can cancel your Irish account and then with specific steps re-activate it again the next month via a VPN to get Turkish billing, maybe you can't do that with the WWE Network, you may have to try signing up to it for US billing with a brand new account with a US address

I tried signing up to the Network from Hong Kong at one point I think but couldn't get it to work. I think I tried with a new account altogether.
    I am paying the American cost at the moment I think.

I've been signed to the network since day one and if WWE really wanted those of us at the time who weren't in the US then, they'd have found a way to stop us. If they haven't bothered after six years I think we are good.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I've been signed to the network since day one and if WWE really wanted those of us at the time who weren't in the US then, they'd have found a way to stop us. If they haven't bothered after six years I think we are good.

Ya same here. Day 1 in the US, i signed up.

When i go into my account settings on the Network now, it says the monthly charge is €12.99, but I'm never charged that, I pay the euro equivalent of $9.99

Bonus episode of The Last Ride airing next weekend

Jesus how many network specials does Jeff Hardy have

Bonus episode of The Last Ride airing next weekend

Jesus how many network specials does Jeff Hardy have

Oh yeah there's a Jeff hardy chronicle isn't there. I don't know how many specials he has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

My 3-month freebie expired.
    Was able to signup again using a USA VPN to get it for $9.99 (€8.55) using Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Anyone notice the layout on the PPV section has changed. Seems to be done by years now instead.

My 3-month freebie expired.
    Was able to signup again using a USA VPN to get it for $9.99 (€8.55) using Revolut.

Clever! It's incredible Ireland get charged literally the most out of any country in the world for the network. Tunnelbear or something else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sirsok

EVOLVE, PROGRESS, wXw & ICW debut on WWE Network this Saturday

EVOLVE
    The Best of Drew McIntyre in EVOLVE
    The Best of Keith Lee in EVOLVE

wXw
    wXw Femme Fatales 2019
    wXw AMBITION 11

PROGRESS Wrestling
    Chapter 92

Insane Championship Wrestling
    ICW Shug’s Hoose Party 5

https://www.wwe.com/amp/article/evolve-progress-wxw-icw-wwe-network?__twitter_impression=true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Thats been rumoured for so long felt like it was never happening

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sky88 wrote: »
    Thats been rumoured for so long felt like it was never happening

They had to add something their current product is muck.

new series 'WWE Timeline' first episode is the Bret Hart vs Owen Hart rivalry

flicking through some WCW PPVs and **** me the production is Cheesy as ****. Bash At The Beach 96 is class though

• Advertisement
Advertisement