Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Have it working on my laptop, but my smart TV wont play it for some reason. Must keep trying as I hate watching stuff on the laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Hmmm, I just signed up on my laptop, didnt change DNS settings etc and its working ok for me.

:confused:

Methinks this cant last but sure I have the free week trail so will hopefully get a couple of days at least out of it!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So when I try and launch the iPad app, I'm getting...

Media Unavailable
    Content is not available for viewing in your current location

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Monokne

You need to create a US XBL account and download the WWE app there.

It's stopped working for me anyways though,and won't let me sign back in.Tonnes of people are having problems with it on the xbox apparently so hopefully its sorted soon.

Just tried to see up the Xbox account there. All went fine except when setting up payment for the Xbox gold membership. Used my paypal account but said it couldn't verify it. Did you have that problem? I presume you can't use the app without gold membership...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 xphen0m

Monokne wrote: »
    Just tried to see up the Xbox account there. All went fine except when setting up payment for the Xbox gold membership. Used my paypal account but said it couldn't verify it. Did you have that problem? I presume you can't use the app without gold membership...

I just signed up here, maybe to hopefully get some help with accessing the Network on Xbox Live. I have Gold, I have paid for the Network, but everytime I try to login, I get "USER or PASSWORD unrecognized".

From searching the internet, lots of other people are having the same issue. Has anyone here managed to access the Network on the 360's WWE Network app?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

You need a gold account,but I just signed out of my non gold US account and back into my normal gold account and the WWE app was in my apps section.The app itself is not working at the moment anyway so you aren't missing anything.

xphen0m wrote: »
    I just signed up here, maybe to hopefully get some help with accessing the Network on Xbox Live. I have Gold, I have paid for the Network, but everytime I try to login, I get "USER or PASSWORD unrecognized".

From searching the internet, lots of other people are having the same issue. Has anyone here managed to access the Network on the 360's WWE Network app?
    I presume you have a US Xbox Live profile with gold membership as opposed to an Irish one right?

You need a gold account,but I just signed out of my non gold US account and back into my normal gold account and the WWE app was in my apps section.The app itself is not working at the moment anyway so you aren't missing anything.

Ok thanks dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anybody have US DNS settings for PS4 yet? Would love to be able to make full use of the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 xphen0m

Monokne wrote: »
    I presume you have a US Xbox Live profile with gold membership as opposed to an Irish one right?

yeah, I live in the US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I think I might sit on my hands for a while on this. I've set myself up with the app on the PS3 but I don't feel the uncontrollable urge to crack on with the service.

Maybe give it a few days so I know exactly what's on offer with the options.

I really highlights how weird it was they didn't launch to worldwide. Anyone have a solid answer why they didn't do it?

I really highlights how weird it was they didn't launch to worldwide. Anyone have a solid answer why they didn't do it?

Far bigger groups than WWE shy away from global releases of new stuff like this. Even ignoring the issue of TV rights, you also have an untested system which you want to gradually expand.

Now, granted, the timeframe seems a bit much, but it's not at all unusually to spread these things out to give them the smoothest launches possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I think I might sit on my hands for a while on this. I've set myself up with the app on the PS3 but I don't feel the uncontrollable urge to crack on with the service.

Maybe give it a few days so I know exactly what's on offer with the options.

Think I'll do the same. Created a US PSN there and have the app downloaded on PS4. Will wait til things are running smoother and see what happens.

As for the non-worldwide launch, I'd assume it was to not put too much pressure on themselves by staggering the launch. No reason for the near year long wait as far as I can tell though

Lordsofpain
    - The following pay-per-views are currently missing from the WWE Network. The 2014 Royal Rumble will likely be added soon.

WWE
    * No Holds Barred: The Match/The Movie (1989)
    * Insurrextion (2000)
    * Royal Rumble (2011)
    * Royal Rumble (2014)

WCW
    * The Great American Bash (1991)
    * Japan Supershow (1991)
    * Japan Supershow (1992)
    * Japan Supershow (1993)
    * When World's Collide (1994)
    * Collision In Korea (1995)
    * Millenium Final (2000, German only)

ECW
    * Massacre On 34th Street

Not surprised all the Japan WCW shows and all or missing but I wonder why theres no GAB 91? Surprised by Royal Rumble 2011 as well.

So Im finally home. Has anyone had a smooth time on PS3 before I sign up? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

been touch and go for me for the past few hours but I'm now 4 matches into Wrestlemania 17 and it hasn't stopped to buffer once

been touch and go for me for the past few hours but I'm now 4 matches into Wrestlemania 17 and it hasn't stopped to buffer once

On ps3?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭bboy123

anyone having problems viewing anything now?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

it was working fine for me ten minutes ago but now it says media error: video not available. Anyone else had this issue ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    it was working fine for me ten minutes ago but now it says media error: video not available. Anyone else had this issue ?
    bboy123 wrote: »
    anyone having problems viewing anything now?

Yep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Itssoeasy wrote: »

All I've been getting since I signed up.

All I've been getting since I signed up.

It worked for me and watched about half an hour of the royal rumble 92. I went off it and i cant view anything since then.

Not working on my ipad at all. Even with a VPN on, it starts loading and then just closes back to the menu :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

A lot of the issues are probably server related rather than location issues. It'll calm down in a few weeks especially when the free trial runs out!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 SwearBySin

Anytime I try watch something from the home menu on the PS4 app I just get a message saying 'an exception has occurred with the application. Please restart the application to continue'. If I watch anything from the library it'll stop to buffer every minute or so. Such a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

On ps3?

Yea, PS3. using regular DNS settings

• Registered Users Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭cena

Jezz lads have ye it broken already. We can't give ye anything new for 5mins and ye break it. :-)

cena wrote: »
    Jezz lads have ye it broken already. We can't give ye anything new for 5mins and ye break it. :-)

they can't take us anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Currently watching ECW Living Dangerous 99 and what the hell WWE have done to some of the ECW theme songs is horrific, especially RVD who now has a generic Punk Rock instrumental theme

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Currently watching ECW Living Dangerous 99 and what the hell WWE have done to some of the ECW theme songs is horrific, especially RVD who now has a generic Punk Rock instrumental theme

Why not just dub in his WWE theme?

Advertisement