Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭SteM

764dak wrote: »
    The other day I was checking the Opera TV Store on my smart tv and realized WWE Network was not on it. That's kind of disappointing. If I get the Network in the future it would be on laptop and phone only.

What makes of tv do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Anyone having trouble going fullscreen?

Google Chrome. Laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Anyone having trouble going fullscreen?

Google Chrome. Laptop.

Had it a few times, both on the network and youtube

Usually pressing F11 to go into full screen mode in browserr as well as pressing the full screen button on the video player works

Most of the time closing the browser and restarting it has worked, not always though

Thought it had something to do with them sorting Chromecast.

Alas, we wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭764dak

SteM wrote: »
    764dak wrote: »
    The other day I was checking the Opera TV Store on my smart tv and realized WWE Network was not on it. That's kind of disappointing. If I get the Network in the future it would be on laptop and phone only.

What makes of tv do you have?
    Sony Bravia R500C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Anyone having problems with ps4 app. Constantly skipping, ruined the ending of mitb half way threw it by skipping to the end. Same with NXT takeover. Now doing it for the podcast. Very frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Sirsok wrote: »
    Anyone having problems with ps4 app. Constantly skipping, ruined the ending of mitb half way threw it by skipping to the end. Same with NXT takeover. Now doing it for the podcast. Very frustrating

It's been like that now for me,for at least 2 weeks. I switched off NXT Takeover:The End,while I was watching it live,due too it. With MITB,I stuck it out,but unless they solve this problem soon,I'll not be continuing with my subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Had it few times for MITB but it would skip back 10 seconds so not too bad.
    Came in to AJ/Austin podcast when start talking about why he didn't and why he went to TNA. Good so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Bret Hart wrote: »
    It's been like that now for me,for at least 2 weeks. I switched off NXT Takeover:The End,while I was watching it live,due too it. With MITB,I stuck it out,but unless they solve this problem soon,I'll not be continuing with my subscription.

Same on PS3. I missed the first pinfall of the main event due to it skipping backwards, stalling, skipping forwards. Bonkers stuff.

There was a PS3 update recently,Network on demand videos seem to be working better.

They've added some 2001 Nitro for anyone curious to see the end of WCW. Kinda mad that it's taken them 15 years to get this stuff released in an accessible format (24/7 was only available in the USA afaik)

• Advertisement

The continual play feature is on Ps3. I'm pretty chuffed that they've updated the app considering it is a 10yr old console.

I watched a few episodes of the new Swerved. There's more swerving of unsuspecting members of the public - which comes off as a bit odd that they don't recognise the wrestlers. Ric Flair and Vince McMahon feature.

All but a dozen Nitros have been added, so too has a preview of the new Scott Hall documentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Something that I noticed on the PCs version of the network is they don't give away the result of the match when you hover over second dot of a match anymore. It says finish to match x vs y. Also they seem to be putting those dots with Benoit matches but not referring to him by name obviously so no big gaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

Ageyev wrote: »
    All but a dozen Nitros have been added.

Now complete.

What a time to be alive... in the early 2000s and you were a teen in the late 90s! Nostalgia will have to suffice.

I've long since discarded my copies of PowerSlam but being able to watch Nitro online with ease 10yrs ago in 2006 would have been a different feeling then than today...

It's Attitude era kids watching mid-80s stuff; it's John Cena era kids watching New Generation/pre- and post-NWO Bischoff era stuff; its Kofi Kingston circa2010- era kids watching Cactus vs Triple H, Triple H v Rock, American Bad Ass, ascendancy of Jericho, Edge, Christian, Angle et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I can now properly binge watch Vince Russo era of Nitro. :D

They've added a load of weird vignettes under the Collections tab as "Colourful Characters"

Steven (William) Regal's Real Man's Man and Seven (an aborted Dustin Runnels gimmick) are worth a watch for so bad it's good factor. Not really sure of the value of this stuff over the B-shows from the time before Raw went 2hrs.

There's a new Daniel Bryan v Jamie Noble match from Velocity 2003 up (Velocity was a C-show recorded with the Smackdown cruiserweight roster)

I caught a bit of the 2009 the bash which was on the live channel. I've vague memories of this ppv. Strange stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

anyone watch the scott hall documentary ???

PTH2009 wrote: »
    anyone watch the scott hall documentary ???

Its just a preview on the network, not the full doc. Only around 20 mins long.

• Advertisement

Its just a preview on the network, not the full doc. Only around 20 mins long.

I knw it's hard to get hold of the full Doc. Love WWE doc, the only disappointing one was the Jerry Lawler one

anyone watch unfilterd with Dean Ambrose ???

its bacisally the stuff they take about on there dates

Not yet. I'm assuming they dance around the fact they are a couple ? I get the feeling it might be akward to both.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Not yet. I'm assuming they dance around the fact they are a couple ? I get the feeling it might be akward to both.

Looked like they were both off there faces a bit

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Looked like they were both off there faces a bit

Oh right.😳😳 sounds lovely.

I watched the CWC Bracketology show from Wednesday. I loved it as they made it seem so big.

Watched a few eps of Raw from 1993 after Summerslam. It's so weird how they hardly reference the PPV if at all. Raw was initially very different than today, probably down to how Nitro changed the game. Before going 2hrs in 1997 a lot of angles were fleshed out on the weekend studio shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Ageyev wrote:
    Watched a few eps of Raw from 1993 after Summerslam. It's so weird how they hardly reference the PPV if at all. Raw was initially very different than today, probably down to how Nitro changed the game. Before going 2hrs in 1997 a lot of angles were fleshed out on the weekend studio shows.

They may have been taped before the ppv perhaps? I went through a little while of watching some Raw's from 94 and there were definitely some instances of the Raw following a ppv being held from the same building as the go home episode. With voiceovers and video packages being the only reference to the ppv. Then the next week, it'd be the first time you'd see Bret Hart since with the title or something like that.

Ageyev wrote: »

A month later..... :confused:

They're some bluffers.

I'm rewatching fully loaded 2000. Jesus h Christ the crowd in the opening match is red hot. I'd forgotten about the rikishi splash off the cage onto val Venis.

I actually love takers Booker red bad ass gimmick so loved the angle match.

I'm just starting to watch the Jericho vs HHH last man standing match. I'm aware the high regard this match is held in so I'm excited. sweet Jesus that chair shot by Jericho on trips. 😳😳 and trips bleed like a champ.

• Advertisement

I really enjoyed Fuller Loaded 2000 at the time and its held up imo. Undertaker Kurt Angle match wasn't very good - fast forward to their No Way Out 2006 match to see how good a match Kurt could get out of him.

Advertisement