Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

seoirsem wrote: »
    There seems to be a serious buffering issue at the moment that even the WWE have gone as far as to recognise it exists. Pity, even the stuff from the Vault is now buffering. Hope it gets sorted soon :(

Just wait until Bryan Alvarez encounters buffering. One rant and WWE will sort it out! (Seriously that's what happened last time WWE cut server resources to Vault media!)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I know that no one here knows the answer but the wwe said by years end they will have 6,000 hours on the network. Does anyone know roughly how many hours are up there now ? I mean they had 1,500 at launch and to be fair there a shed load of stuff up there now.

Also in that last conference call they said it was unlikely to have the entire 150,000 hours of their library up there ever. I mean the person in charge of putting stuff up on the network and digitising stuff in years past have/had the best job ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

How many DVD documentarys are missing ???

The Vincd McMahon one from 2006 is missing and that was a good one (outdated now obviously)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

PTH2009 wrote: »
    How many DVD documentarys are missing ???

The Vincd McMahon one from 2006 is missing and that was a good one (outdated now obviously)

Probably more but here's what I got:
    • Ric Flair collection
    • Stone Cold Truth
    • Undertaker This is My Yard
    • The Game Triple H
    • That Damn Good Triple H
    • Jake Roberts Pick Your Poison
    • Shawn Michaels From the Vault
    • Stone Cold What?
    • Hulk Still Rules
    • McMahon

And all the Coliseum and VHS releases.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I imagine they left the Chris Benoit documentary off the network for obvious reasons.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    I imagine they left the Chris Benoit documentary off the network for obvious reasons.

Yeah. And itnwas only 40mins like some of the others I posted. There's an Eddie documentary missing as well I think

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Ageyev wrote: »

And all the Coliseum and VHS releases.

Honestly, this is what I'm really excited for. I remember wearing out a tape called Grudge Matches back in the day, there was LOADS of tapes with exclusives on, would love to revisit a lot of them, and in many cases, watch for the first time.

I I doubt they will get added. But like you I wore out that Grudge Matches tape too, regularly renting it from the video shop. A lot of the Coliseum exclusive matches weren't great, they were short and recorded on TV taping days where wrestlers would work several times in the one day/night. There were some gems and curios though.

Here's the match list if you want to try YouTube

http://www.prowrestlinghistory.com/videos/wwf/wwfindex.html

Wrestling Grudge Matches (WF 112)
    09/22/92 Randy Savage vs. Papa Shango
    10/12/92 Tito Santana vs. Terry Taylor
    02/18/92 The Big Bossman & Virgil vs. The Beverly Brothers
    01/05/93 Shawn Michaels vs. Bob Backlund
    09/02/92 Bret Hart vs. Repo Man
    07/21/92 Owen Hart, Koko B. Ware, Earthquake, & Typhoon vs. Ted DiBiase, Irwin R. Schyster, & The Beverly Brothers
    10/13/92 Crush vs. Rick Martel
    11/13/91 Tito Santana vs. the Berzerker
    11/24/92 Marty Jannetty vs. Papa Shango
    11/24/92 Typhoon vs. Kamala
    01/08/92 Virgil vs. Irwin R. Schyster
    10/13/92 Tatanka vs. Blake Beverly
    09/02/92 Ric Flair vs. The Undertaker

Silvervision released a dub of it on DVD in their last batch of Tagged Classics

81pD%2BZ1It1L._SY445_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Jay Pentatonic

seoirsem wrote: »
    There seems to be a serious buffering issue at the moment that even the WWE have gone as far as to recognise it exists. Pity, even the stuff from the Vault is now buffering. Hope it gets sorted soon :(

I'm finding that the buffering issue still hasn't really improved at all, is it better for anyone else?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jay1989 wrote: »
    I'm finding that the buffering issue still hasn't really improved at all, is it better for anyone else?

I haven't come across a buffering issue at all for the Network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

my network was constantly skipping back like 30 seconds when i watched NXt last week hasnt happened since.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

It has been a bit laggy in the past for me but for the last few weeks it's been perfect.

I I doubt they will get added. But like you I wore out that Grudge Matches tape too, regularly renting it from the video shop. A lot of the Coliseum exclusive matches weren't great, they were short and recorded on TV taping days where wrestlers would work several times in the one day/night. There were some gems and curios though.

Here's the match list if you want to try YouTube

http://www.prowrestlinghistory.com/videos/wwf/wwfindex.html

Wrestling Grudge Matches (WF 112)
    09/22/92 Randy Savage vs. Papa Shango
    10/12/92 Tito Santana vs. Terry Taylor
    02/18/92 The Big Bossman & Virgil vs. The Beverly Brothers
    01/05/93 Shawn Michaels vs. Bob Backlund
    09/02/92 Bret Hart vs. Repo Man
    07/21/92 Owen Hart, Koko B. Ware, Earthquake, & Typhoon vs. Ted DiBiase, Irwin R. Schyster, & The Beverly Brothers
    10/13/92 Crush vs. Rick Martel
    11/13/91 Tito Santana vs. the Berzerker
    11/24/92 Marty Jannetty vs. Papa Shango
    11/24/92 Typhoon vs. Kamala
    01/08/92 Virgil vs. Irwin R. Schyster
    10/13/92 Tatanka vs. Blake Beverly
    09/02/92 Ric Flair vs. The Undertaker

Silvervision released a dub of it on DVD in their last batch of Tagged Classics

81pD%2BZ1It1L._SY445_.jpg

So mental, haven't seen it in probably 20 years and seeing that match listing, it all comes back to me (every match). That 8 man tag seemed to last forever with Koko continuously being cheated out of a legal tag. It was either this or a VHS of Summerslam 92 - I so made the right choice!

I'm keeping fingers crossed I'll wake up one day and there will be a massive VHS dump on the network.

Reebrock wrote: »
    So mental, haven't seen it in probably 20 years and seeing that match listing, it all comes back to me (every match). That 8 man tag seemed to last forever with Koko continuously being cheated out of a legal tag. It was either this or a VHS of Summerslam 92 - I so made the right choice!

I'm keeping fingers crossed I'll wake up one day and there will be a massive VHS dump on the network.

Doubt it but I'm a completist so I'd love to see everything. Check adverts for the Tagged Classic DVD maybe. Likely to be overpriced though whever you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Chromecast support imminent.

:-/

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jukebox Jim

Hi everyone,
    I signed up for the network when it launched using a VPN. Recently I've been have issues with lag, stuttering and crashes on PC/Xbox 1. This happens especially when watching vault shows (been trying to watch macho v bret from 87 for the last bloody hour!) Would these issues improve if I cancelled my US account and switched to an Irish one? Don't mind the extra few quid if it improves quality..

Hi everyone,
    I signed up for the network when it launched using a VPN. Recently I've been have issues with lag, stuttering and crashes on PC/Xbox 1. This happens especially when watching vault shows (been trying to watch macho v bret from 87 for the last bloody hour!) Would these issues improve if I cancelled my US account and switched to an Irish one? Don't mind the extra few quid if it improves quality..

Did you turn off the vpn ? When it launched here what a lot of us did was just turn off the vpn and it simply works away. I don't know about lag as i've watched very little of the network the past week of so. I find the ipad to be superb and never have issues with it. I don't think changing to an irish account will make much of a difference either way IMO.

Along with an explanation of who was driving the white Hummer and who raised the briefcase :pac: :rolleyes:

Along with an explanation of who was driving the white Hummer and who raised the briefcase :pac: :rolleyes:
    White hummer ? That I don't remember that now. The briefcase is the king of the ring I take it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Anyone know how to change your billing information?

My old card is out of date so subscription got cancelled. Went to put in my new details but the billing section is grayed out and cant click on anything. Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    White hummer ? That I don't remember that now. The briefcase is the king of the ring I take it ?

Who blew up Vince's limo? :confused:

Who blew up Vince's limo? :confused:

I checked about the white hummer and it turns out it was the titanic that was wcw in 1999.

Vinces limo ? I'd love to know what the story was meant to be resolved.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

My old card is out of date so subscription got cancelled. Went to put in my new details but the billing section is grayed out and cant click on anything. Any thoughts?

My card just went out of date too. On the next billing date I got an email from WWE network with a link to update the billing info, no problems.

Yeah my DVD buying days (for any form of entertainment) are long gone. I used to have probably close to a thousand VHS tapes (mostly wrestling from tape trading). They all went when I sold them to someone on a board out of the boot of my car around 2003 time for a couple of hundred. Then the DVD collection started. Never did the bootleg DVD's - all commercial releases and mostly WWE (and all the original ECW and FMW ones available). Sold the vast majority a couple of years back when I realised the Network was going to strip their value, I just kept things which wouldn't be on the network like FMW, documentaries like Wrestling With Shadows and such. I honestly don't think I'll buy another wrestling DVD from the WWE again, it's all third party and independent things now.

Do this link work?

https://secure.net.wwe.com/workflow.do?catCode=wwenettv_submgmt_products&guid=HmyRPk0KwqPeCuZKNMbH%2BcHh9Ms%3D&currencyType=+%24&uri=/subscriptions/mysubscriptions.jsp&emailAddress=mageyev9@gmail.com

Reebrock wrote: »
    Yeah my DVD buying days (for any form of entertainment) are long gone. I used to have probably close to a thousand VHS tapes (mostly wrestling from tape trading). They all went when I sold them to someone on a board out of the boot of my car around 2003 time for a couple of hundred. Then the DVD collection started. Never did the bootleg DVD's - all commercial releases and mostly WWE (and all the original ECW and FMW ones available). Sold the vast majority a couple of years back when I realised the Network was going to strip their value, I just kept things which wouldn't be on the network like FMW, documentaries like Wrestling With Shadows and such. I honestly don't think I'll buy another wrestling DVD from the WWE again, it's all third party and independent things now.

I bought WrestleManias 16-18 on DVD in 2013 from a seller on Amazon for decent prices. So glad I did as I just wanted them as a keepsake. There's a few extra bits of footage not on the Network but I love having the artwork. I'm still mulling over what to dk with my DVDs - I bought almost every Silvervision release since the name change as well as the Tagged Classics. I'd want serious coin for the collection but I doubt anyone would shell out for them. The Tagged Classics do have many of the original music.

I'd love to get hold of a high quality copy of SummerSlam 1998 PayPerView live feed with the AC/DC as it's never been released and theres only a poor VHS rip on YouTube

Watching no way out 2002 which is the first ppv that the Nwo appeared on wwf. I remember this ppv VIVIDLY for all the wrong reasons. A very good family friend was killed that Sunday in a motorbike accident. So the mood was somber and I remember watching that ppv a bit confused,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Watching no way out 2002 which is the first ppv that the Nwo appeared on wwf. I remember this ppv VIVIDLY for all the wrong reasons. A very good family friend was killed that Sunday in a motorbike accident. So the mood was somber and I remember watching that ppv a bit confused,

I've a similar experience with MITB 2011, Cena vs Punk. An aunt died that weekend, and when we came home from the pub Monday night a replay of MITB was on, was a good enough ppv I was able to zone out and watch it. Funny the way some things stick with you like that.

• Advertisement

I've a similar experience with MITB 2011, Cena vs Punk. An aunt died that weekend, and when we came home from the pub Monday night a replay of MITB was on, was a good enough ppv I was able to zone out and watch it. Funny the way some things stick with you like that.

Yep. I remember the royal rumble 1995 was on my tenth birthday and someone recording it after I asked.

I remember where and who I was with when Eddie beat Brock at no way out. I shouted and woke the house.

I remember the KOTR 2001 vividly as it was the day before my summer exam results in transition year came out and my friend stayed in my house to watch it.

I remember a lot of the wrestlemanias.wrestlemania 17 I was doing work experience in transition year in cope foundation and being very tired the next day.

I'll think of more but I'm sure all of us here have wrestling memories that tie into happy,sad, and just memorable moments in our lives. And because of that stick in your memory.

Advertisement