Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Just after finishing watching Fully Loaded from 2000.Jericho vs HHH in a Last Man Standing Match was the match of the night. No doubt about it. The story telling and the in ring action was fantastic and the finish made both men look strong. Brilliant match and one of my favourite B PPVs from WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I decided to watch WrestleMania 11 for first time ever. The show was very boring, but at least Michaels vs. Nash is a match worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I decided to watch WrestleMania 11 for first time ever. The show was very boring, but at least Michaels vs. Nash is a match worth checking out.

Is that the one were earl hebner damages his ankle badly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Any decent promos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Any decent promos?

The best promo was Shawn and Diesel breaki.g kayfabe and claiming they would "go over". But, it was on Sunday Night Slam Mania special which I've never found online.

• Advertisement

A new wwe 24 is on tonight after smackdown on the network. it's about the women's evolution and covers WM 32 according to charlotte on twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Any decent promos?

Not really a promo but the image of Lawrence Taylor and his young son dressed exactly like him is worth checking out, I'm fairly sure he even has his bizarre earings on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

WWE 24 Women's Evolution documentary was a great watch.

Any highlights?

Any highlights?

Finlay and Trish

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I thought it wasn't premiering until after nxt takeover?

Loughc wrote: »
    I thought it wasn't premiering until after nxt takeover?

Nope it's happened last Tuesday night/ Wednesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mono-Stereo

Hi everyone. Are people still having problems with buffering on the WWE Network? For the past three to four weeks I haven't been able to watch anything in the archives - just the live stream which usually has nothing on I want to watch. The show I want to watch will load then just freeze after a few seconds and not continue playing. Has the buffering problem just started lately? I had 6mb broadband and could stream the network fine on that. I upgraded a few months ago to 60mb broadband and network worked fine until about three weeks ago. I'm using a mac to stream. Any workarounds out there?

I've been finding the network streaming at a lower bitrate on the PS4. It's really disappointing. I hate whenever pirates have things in better quality than paying customers.

No problems on XB1 or apple TV.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

No problems for me on xb1 or LGtv app.

I've said it so many times on here that 97 is my favourite WWE year.

I've started watching it again on the network and I recommend it to anyone to watch it from March 97 onwards.

So good!!!

1997 is my fave year of Wwf too but it's primarily because of nostalgia as it was the first year I watched Raw regularly. If I wasn't watching it taped I was watching every showing of Livewire, Shotgun and Superstars.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Loughc wrote: »
    No problems for me on xb1 or LGtv app.

I have an LG smart TV and can't get the app ???
    Possibly it's an order model I'd say (2012 Lm 640t series)

Since I switched to power plugs my PS4 WWE network app has been brilliant

Ageyev wrote: »
    1997 is my fave year of Wwf too but it's primarily because of nostalgia as it was the first year I watched Raw regularly. If I wasn't watching it taped I was watching every showing of Livewire, Shotgun and Superstars.

Nostalgia was what I thought as well but it really holds up.

Just think it's an underrated year compared to the attitude years of 98-01.

• Advertisement

It was a radical departure from the post-Hogan years. Raw is War was a new format and they tapered the jobber matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Watchin Summer of '98 Raws and it's real annoying how they dubbed over the Oddities Entrance theme with that goofy royalty free nonsense...

Bunch of old rare matches dropping this week, some great stuff in here.

http://www.wwenetworknews.com/2016/09/03/exclusive-full-content-listing-for-upcoming-hidden-gems-wwe-network-collection/?wt=3

05/30/1951 – Texas Rasslin’: Thesz vs Gunkel
    Journey back in time to see Lou Thesz defend the NWA World Heavyweight Championship against Ray Gunkel in a 2-Out-of-3 Falls Match (oldest match on the network).

09/23/1964 – Gagne-Metrics
    Learn a different way to get in shape and feel great with Gagne-Metrics, courtesy of the Verne Gagne Foundation for Physical Fitness.

03/16/1961 – Gino ‘Gorilla Monsoon’ Marella
    The dominance of the late Gorilla Monsoon is on display in this hidden gem, as Dave Ruhl tries to defeat Gino Marella for a monetary prize.

02/11/1969 – NWA Title: Funk, Jr. vs Kiniski
    Witness Dory Funk Jr. establish his legacy when he battles the legendary Gene Kiniski for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship.

01/12/1976 – Andre The Giant Feat Of Strength
    Discover why Andre The Giant earned the moniker of The Eighth Wonder of The World through these impressive Feats of Strength.

06/12/1976 – McMahon Interviews Muhammad Ali
    Muhammad Ali uses his extraordinary charisma to show his determination to dominate the wrestling world in an interview with Vince McMahon.

07/07/1982 – Roddy Piper vs Jack Brisco
    Will the dirty and underhanded tactics of Roddy Piper cost him when he challenges Jack Brisco for the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Championship?

09/22/1980 – Champs Collide: Race vs Backlund
    Styles clash when NWA World Heavyweight Champion Harley Race collides with WWE Champion Bob Backlund to see who is the Undisputed Champion.

10/23/1983 – The Last Battle Of Atlanta
    In this historic confrontation, Buzz Sawyer and Tommy Rich battle inside a Steel Cage while Paul Ellering is confined to a cell of his own.

01/20/1987 – Ric Flair vs Barry Windham
    The allure of championship gold leads Barry Windham to push Ric Flair to the limit in this classic bout for the NWA World Heavyweight Title (never released on DVD afaik, considered a Flair classic).

08/19/1995 – Brothers Of Destruction
    Before waging war with Kane in WWE, The Undertaker traveled to Smoky Mountain Wrestling to go one-on-one with Unabomb.

09/14/1996 – South Africa: Austin vs Bret
    Far from their battle at Survivor Series ’96, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Bret Hart lock up in this rarely seen encounter from South Africa (released on Bret Hart's Dungeon DVD).

09/11/1997 – ECW: Bret Hart vs Terry Funk
    Go beyond the mat to relive the first of many ‘Retirement Matches’ for Terry Funk when he faces off against WWE Champion Bret Hart (features in Beyond the Mat; one of Funk's retirement matches)).

10/11/2000 – Samoa Joe vs William Regal
    In a sign of things to come, Triple H travels to Ultimate Pro Wrestling to witness William Regal face future NXT Champion, Samoa Joe.

04/29/2012 – FCW Champion: Seth Rollins
    Seth Rollins proves he has the heart of a champion early in his career by defending the Florida Heavyweight Title against Kassius Ohno (Chris Hero).

Ageyev wrote: »
    Bunch of old rare matches dropping this week, some great stuff in here. Bret Hart vs Terry Funk from Funk's WrestleFest show featured in Beyond the Mat is a personal favourite of mine

http://www.wwenetworknews.com/2016/09/03/exclusive-full-content-listing-for-upcoming-hidden-gems-wwe-network-collection/?wt=3

I remember having that match on an ECW DVD. 50 years of Funk I think it was called.

Watched Holy Foley. It's grand, nothing amazing. Reminds me of Hogan knows best where it's hard to call it a "reality" show with a lot of the stuff clearly scripted (same as any reality show I suppose). Foley's kid are a bit more likeable than Hogan's brats though.

I think I might still have it on DVD

518T44WA7WL._SY445_.jpg

I might be bigging up the match too much but for Bret Hart fans it's definitely one to watch.

Don't forget the great Dennis Stamp getting booked for the match as well :P

I think this new rarities collection suggests that they have someone who is quite knowledgeable in some position of programming. Or it's something Joey Styles was working on before he got the boot,

The last battle of Atlanta ? Jesus h Christ thats like the holy graill for wrestling fans. It's reached legendary status.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The last battle of Atlanta ? Jesus h Christ thats like the holy graill for wrestling fans. It's reached legendary status.

Every so often you hear online how someone has found the tape and excitement builds, only for it to lead nowhere.

Can't wait to see it, don't care how good or bad it is, it's just the rarity of it that intrigues me so much.

• Advertisement

Big ol' list of holy grail matches over on the ProWrestlingOnly forum - http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/15404-holy-grails/

The Atlanta match seems to have really excited hardcore fans online (the sort who primarily watch non WWE stuff) about the Network for the first time since maybe it launched.

Also, several of the earliest episodes of ECW (starting with #2) have been added.

Advertisement