Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

What's the story behind the Atlanta match? Sorry don't want to google it in work lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was watching the trailer for the update and was that cage missing a whole side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

tumblr_n6ocld8vW11rg89a6o1_1280.jpg

What's the story behind the Atlanta match? Sorry don't want to google it in work lol.

I think it's more that it's such a rarity, it was the culmination of a blood feud and was highly sought after in the tape trading scene but never surfaced.

ZAVK5gG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

martyos121 wrote: »
    Every so often you hear online how someone has found the tape and excitement builds, only for it to lead nowhere.

Can't wait to see it, don't care how good or bad it is, it's just the rarity of it that intrigues me so much.

Well I've always heard that Ole Anderson destroyed the tape and even Jim Cornette wasn't aware of any copies around and as well as being a famous manager he has a very large collection of wrestling tapes.

I don't know if it's true but someone said that Paul Ellering had a copy of it and he having an on screen role now maybe he brought it to them.

• Advertisement

Looking at the pictures a few posts above. It's essentially a war games cage just with only one ring yes ? The manager in the cage above the ring was done in WWE and was also done at one of the first clash of champions. I know this predates those but I'm sure it wasn't the first time doing something like this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Still making my way through the early 2000's WWF recordings. Came upon a tag team title match on Raw between HHH/Stone Cold and Benoit/Jericho. Hell of a match, even besides HHH legitimately doing his quad and finishing the match.

Bit more experience of sports injuries now than when I first watched it as a lad, so to see him complete it while recognising the legitimate injury was a bit amazing. Yikes.

Bit sad to see the fans celebrating the injury in the following Smackdown, but that's the show of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Oh wow, I didn't realise SmackDowns from that era were added. They weren't there last time I looked. That SD after HHH's injury also had a 4-team TLC match. I must watch that one back tonight so

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Virtanen wrote: »
    Oh wow, I didn't realise SmackDowns from that era were added. They weren't there last time I looked. That SD after HHH's injury also had a 4-team TLC match. I must watch that one back tonight so

It's a good'un! Smackdown 92. Tajiri and Regal are hilarious

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Looking at the pictures a few posts above. It's essentially a war games cage just with only one ring yes ? The manager in the cage above the ring was done in WWE and was also done at one of the first clash of champions. I know this predates those but I'm sure it wasn't the first time doing something like this.

It predates War Games.

Slightly related but the ending to the first Hell in a Cell natch where Kane rips the door off was done a decade previous

• Advertisement

Well going by Twitter it seems the hidden gems are on the network including the famous last battle of Atlanta.

Well going by Twitter it seems the hidden gems are on the network including the famous last battle of Atlanta.

Yep, they've been uploaded and the match in question is complete in its entirety. It's only a one camera deal.

There's an Eddie Guerrero collection also added.

Right i've watched the full video of the last battle of atlanta. It's just intense stuff and I liked it.

Also I can't believe that they have such good quality footage of a Lou Thesz nwa world title match from the 30th of May 1951. That's over 65 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I have watched a couple of RAW episodes from 2006. I have to say DX have not aged well, because at the time I thought there jokes each week were funny.

I still enjoy feud between Jeff Hardy and Johnny Nitro. That feud really elevated IC championship.

DX are very overrated. The initial carnation in late 1997 was OK but the 2006 and 2009 variant was about selling t-shirts

I have watched a couple of RAW episodes from 2006. I have to say DX have not aged well, because at the time I thought there jokes each week were funny.

I still enjoy feud between Jeff Hardy and Johnny Nitro. That feud really elevated IC championship.

Probably my most hated time in WWE!

The son in law and the favourite son trying to play the rebel roles in the company with woeful jokes! Hated it!!!

It seems wwe are determined to complete raw on the network. A lash of episodes were uploaded this evening. Except the ric flair retirement one :mad: the best send off ever in pro wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sitting watching the Network with my brother and he randomly picked Judgement Day 2005. Amateur rapist Kurt Angle is a bit.......eh........odd, Was the end of the match with Booker a botch?

JBL/Cena 'I Quit' match is entertaining though, even though it looks like Cena has slit his throat for a couple of minutes after he blades.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭seoirsem

Still having buffering issues:( Especially with the vault stuff. Watching through an Apple TV and on my laptop and it buffers. Not all the time but enough to make me want to cancel my subscription. When it starts buffering it's like every 2 minutes :( Then there are times when it runs smooth, that I can watch for hours without any issues. Thinking of switching my Apple TV to a wired connection. Any one else experiencing buffering issues?

It's 20 years since mankind faced hbk for the title at IYH mind games. So I decided to watch it as it was all over my twitter about how good the match was.jesus that was a brilliant match in all aspects. Great psychology by both and it seems like this was the start of the change in how they did things in the ring.

I don't remember seeing it in full before but I'm glad I've seen it.

• Advertisement

It's 20 years since mankind faced hbk for the title at IYH mind games. So I decided to watch it as it was all over my twitter about how good the match was.jesus that was a brilliant match in all aspects. Great psychology by both and it seems like this was the start of the change in how they did things in the ring.

Love that match. 20 years ago, Jesus.

10am of a Saturday and it's pissing down outside. Yep this is what the network was made for.

Great match. Shame about the finish. And it had no build-up and was on a B PPV

Ageyev wrote: »
    DX are very overrated. The initial carnation in late 1997 was OK but the 2006 and 2009 variant was about selling t-shirts

The original four of hbk, triple h, Chyna, and ric rude was good. I was never that big a fan of the outlaws outside of the entrance stuff. I hated X-PAC and he looks worse than Scott hall now.

And yeah the trips and hbk reunion was slightly forced and therefore didn't come across well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

The original four of hbk, triple h, Chyna, and ric rude was good. I was never that big a fan of the outlaws outside of the entrance stuff. I hated X-PAC and he looks worse than Scott hall now.

And yeah the trips and hbk reunion was slightly forced and therefore didn't come across well.

My own personal take on the DX lineups is this

Degeneration X - Shawn Michaels, HHH, Rick Rude and Chyna mid 97-March 98. This is the best version of DX. Shawn was just an absolutely fantastic heel at this time. And in Bret, Undertaker and Austin as their foils they never felt more important.

DX - HHH, XPac, Chyna and New Age Outlaws March 98-Early99. This is the iconic line up. They had the Nation comedy skit. The WCW "invasion". And this when the merch just exploded. Was very much a mid card act though.

DX2000/The McMahon Helmsley Regime - HHH, Stephanie, XPac and Road Dogg with Shane, Tori, Brisco & Patterson all hanging on at certain ponts January 2000-late2000. At this stage HHH is the top guy and feuding with Mick Foley, The Rock and Chris Jericho and DX are very much his lackeys. Almost a forgotten DX run.

Original DX reunion - HHH and Shawn Michaels with Ric Flair as their BFF 2006-early2007. In retrospect its easy to sh*t on this run and honestly it wasnt great. But the initial reunion was one of the most anticipated moments in mid2000s WWE. Some skits and moments were funny and the constant illusion the father of Stephanies children never failed to get a laugh. Series with Legacy was good and matches with Rated RKO had their moments. Biggest disappointment was not adding a new member or 2 to give the DX rub to.

The second Reunion DX - HHH and Shawn Michaels 2009. Awful lets not talk about it.

LeeJM wrote: »

Original DX reunion - HHH and Shawn Michaels with Ric Flair as their BFF 2006-early2007. In retrospect its easy to sh*t on this run and honestly it wasnt great. But the initial reunion was one of the most anticipated moments in mid2000s WWE. Some skits and moments were funny and the constant illusion the father of Stephanies children never failed to get a laugh. Series with Legacy was good and matches with Rated RKO had their moments. Biggest disappointment was not adding a new member or 2 to give the DX rub to

The worst thing about that run was that feckin spirit squad feud that never seemed to end!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

That's the first episode of ride along I found funny. Is Byron simply a happy go lucky fella that everyone picks on? I thought it was only an on air gag but even cole was getting in on the act.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Mankind vs Shawn at IYH Mind Games would be remembered far more fondly if it were not for the ending. I'm confident it would be considered a top 20 WWE match if it had a great ending. Always my "go to" example of a fantastic match dampened by the ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

First time seeing MA rating for Raw today because it was the episode that had "diss the diva" diva search segment.

• Advertisement

First time seeing MA rating for Raw today because it was the episode that had "diss the diva" diva search segment.

Is that one with a black background and red writing ? Yeah I saw that today.

Advertisement