Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Another iOS app update and no Chromecast.

Quick email to appfeedback@wwe.com might help hurry it along

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Done - sent off an email there. Disgraceful when you think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Will they wait until this rumoured price increase/tiered plan I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Great doc on Bischoff. He admits himself that wrestling business would of went down the toilet if WWE went out of business after Monday Night War.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Great doc on Bischoff. He admits himself that wrestling business would of went down the toilet if WWE went out of business after Monday Night War.

whats the doc on Sleazy E called?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

BMMachine wrote: »
    whats the doc on Sleazy E called?

Eric bischoff: sports entertainments most controversial figure.

Not watched it yet but saw the clip last night.

well insert WCW instead of WWE into your post and you'd have an equally correct statement. WCW going out of business was not a good thing for WWE. Vince was at his best when his back was against the wall. TNA for all its success was never going to be an equal of WWE. WCW was an equal of WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    well insert WCW instead of WWE into your post and you'd have an equally correct statement. WCW going out of business was not a good thing for WWE. Vince was at his best when his back was against the wall. TNA for all its success was never going to be an equal of WWE. WCW was an equal of WWE.

It was for 3-4 years but that period of super hotshotting also hurt the business really bad, they burned out the audience completely. Like Cornette said 'you can only cook food on the highest setting for so long before it burns'

Had wcw won the war the business in the us would be all but dead now Imo. They were not equipped to move past that period and then grow. I can just imagine their reaction to ufc getting redhot and going after their fans in 2005 like what happened to wwe. In Japan the wrestling companies tried to compete with mma at its peak and almost put itself out of business. Vince went the other way to assure the survival of his company..sure many hardcore fans don't like what they became but it was a necessary step to make sure we got a WrestleMania 25 or a 30...i do think WWE now need to evolve again though and move past family friendly cena setup they have engrained for the last decade...pushing roman reigns as cena lite is last thing they need

WWE are always best when they evolve, however Vince is extremely slow to change. Even with wcw as competition he was still giving us the remnants of the hulkamania era in 1996, six years after Hogan passed the torch at mania 6. You could argue that in 2016 he is still telling essentially the same story that started in 1997 albeit one that's more network/sponsor/family friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 60,567 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just got an email offering the Network for free till the end of January

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Same here just signed up all legit billing date next Feb :)

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

And those of us subscribed from the start get nothing

Not bashing you ya lucky heure, but wish they'd do something

It's all about boosting numbers for next year going into WM.

How many paid sub's do they really get each month and how many free subs do the actually give away.

It's just the same as papering the venues to make them look full for the cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hey, I unsubscribed after summerslam, but 3 free months is a no brainer for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Us long time subs (subscribed even when it wasn't officially in Ireland) should be given a unlimited 20% off WWE shop code or something like that

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Us long time subs (subscribed even when it wasn't officially in Ireland) should be given a unlimited 20% off WWE shop code or something like that

Sadly it never seems to work that way when you are subscribed most companies if not all never offer the better deals to the already paying customers.

But you will probably get something like that 20% off for Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

3 months and 4 ppv's for free I'll take that and I have already cancelled and I'll sign up for a free month when WM comes around unless they offer me it for free again before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Its working out great for me. I was going to re up gor the rumble anyway and at least stay until after mania anyway. So its literally free ppvs for me and paying less than I was going to up to march. Just have to remember to cancel after mania

The network seems to be acting like ****e for me.

The network is putting 2010 raws up since the weekend. The E seem determined to complete raw on the network by years end.

Bit disappointed that they don't have the pre ppv supercards for ECW.

Was going to start watching ECW from the start but its a bit pointless watching ECW tv from 94 - 97 when you don't get the big shows that the weekly shows are building up to.

I only started watching ECW from the start recently but just presumed they were there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Bit disappointed that they don't have the pre ppv supercards for ECW.

Can't agree more mate. Pre-Barely Legal stuff was arguably ECW's best. Sad to find out Cyberslam '94 wasn't there (when Pillman showed up). You can get bits and bobs from Hardcore TV

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Can't agree more mate. Pre-Barely Legal stuff was arguably ECW's best. Sad to find out Cyberslam '94 wasn't there (when Pillman showed up). You can get bits and bobs from Hardcore TV

Cyberslam 96 (when Pillman shows up) is on there! For some reason they have Hardcore Heaven 95, November to remember 95 and Cyberslam 96 uploaded and none of the other pre ppv supercards.

Go to PPVs - ECW, change the tab in the the right corner to 95 or 96 and you'll find those shows.

Cheers! I got a little mixed up there. Good to know they're aware of it...And now we play the waiting game

dGyK4fO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Signed up till Feb. They took €1 out of my account. Happen to anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

paulie21 wrote: »
    Signed up till Feb. They took €1 out of my account. Happen to anyone else?
    Subscription services usually do this just to verify your payment method. It won't even make it out of pending status before it's refunded

New unfiltered up with Becky. Like with the Finn interview Renee did, she does an awful cockney London type accent when trying to do an Irish accent. Shouldn't bother me so much but damn it it does :P Just stop trying to do a feckin Irish accent!!

ha ha ha, jaysus. Maybe it's in response to Kevin Dunn hating her (natural) Dublin accent!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    ha ha ha, jaysus. Maybe it's in response to Kevin Dunn hating her (natural) Dublin accent!

Yeah, I was thinking that actually myself but I rememberd Renee doing it in the Finn interview as well. Id just love for Finn or Becky to stop her and say "what accent are you trying to do there?"

Anyway it shouldn't annoy me as much as it does :P

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

been watching NXT Takeover tonight. The difference between NXT and the main product is astounding. If it had the same production value it would just be straight up better

Just looking at some of the continue watching stuff on my network account and I've seen a raw from 2003. Trips is doing his ric flair impression and Kane isn't far off unmasking.

I remember checking the internet in Spain on holiday the day after Kane lost his mask on slow internet. Christ that was 13 years ago and I was 18.

• Advertisement

According to WWE network news 2010 is now complete on the network and a quick glance would seem to show they are correct. It also claims that bar October and November and December in 2011 and episode 141 of raw it's finished on the network.

The summer of punk as its called is now on the network. The period that stopped me from not watching for the first time ever.

Advertisement