Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Anybody confirm they are working fine with UPC in Ireland? I've accidentally paid the $9.99 rather than the trial so hoping the issues are just first day rather than it's impossible to get here.

A sticky with successful methods extensions/sites/browsers etc would be handy for folks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Reeks of a ploy so they can tout some huge first day numbers. Geo blocking doesn't strike me as something you "forget" to turn on!

Was hoping to watch this on the Xbox with no messing about. Stuck with the laptop I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joyce88

What is the success rate like so far? Do I need to use paypal to pay and enter a US address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Joyce88 wrote: »
    What is the success rate like so far? Do I need to use paypal to pay and enter a US address?
    I just used a Visa debt card. Although now my fatal errors have turned into "too many sign on attempts". Is it working for anybody on the PS3 atm?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Joyce88 wrote: »

Allegedly so i've heard it appears to be that yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Reeks of a ploy so they can tout some huge first day numbers. Geo blocking doesn't strike me as something you "forget" to turn on!

Was hoping to watch this on the Xbox with no messing about. Stuck with the laptop I suppose!

I doubt it was forgotten. It's not in their interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I can't watch anything now on the ps4. The selected video sets up with the general warning before hand, then fails, every time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Monokne

+1

Just download hola which is free as an extension for chrome or plugin for firefox. Job done. Hola.org.

Thanks for this brother. I wasn't having any joy. Tried this and I'm golden :-)

And the location thing on Android is a pain in the arße

Did you guys need to make a new paypal account?

• Advertisement

The mlb service will tell you if you aren't able to watch their stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Yeah looks like its curtains for watching on Android unfortunately,I even tried a few of those fake GPS apps to make it look like I'm in the states but the WWE app just throws up the ''unable to verify location'' message.

Hopefully when they sort out the Xbox app it will work fine with Unblock US etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not using the Hola thingy, the older shows are working grand, but the live channel seems not to be :/

Still able to watch the old MITB though :D

Wrestlezone are reporting that geoblocking wasn't in effect earlier, but had been turned on, and is in full effect now. Balls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Watching WCCW now.

Can't wait til some of the territory week to week stuff comes on eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ok I read the T&C's.

Jurisdictional Issues

The Services are controlled and operated by or on behalf of WWE and its affiliates. We make no representation that materials or products offered on the Services are appropriate or available for use in any particular location. Those who choose to access the Services do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with all applicable national and local laws. Software and products downloaded or purchased from the Services are further subject to United States export controls. No software or products offered on the Services may be downloaded, shipped or otherwise exported or re-exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By purchasing products or downloading or using the Software offered on the Services, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.

So I am signed up and logged in. Whenever I play a video though all I get is a 4 second clip and the PG message. Any clue how I get it running anybody?

Help!

If the servers are struggling today wait till WM30 and it's live if they can't keep it from buffering then they could be in trouble. Lets hope they can fix all these little problems by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mike316

Is there a way to use the hola app on Android to access through android? I have the hola app but can't seem to see wwe.com as a site to be unblocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

mike316 wrote: »
    Is there a way to use the hola app on Android to access through android? I have the hola app but can't seem to see wwe.com as a site to be unblocked.

Apparently Android is being blocked by the GPS in the device so there's no way around it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 mike316

jamc wrote: »
    Apparently Android is being blocked by the GPS in the device so there's no way around it.

Damn :-( hopefully there'll be some workaround

The bits I saw before they turned on the geoblocking was turned on, it appears that the old scratch logo and wwf aren't edited or blurred, which is good.

It'll be the same on the iphone then if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So will unblock us work on it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

There is a way. I have it working now.

You need a GPS/location spoofer app. But that won't work alone as the network app won't work if mock locations is enabled in your developer settings. So:

1 turn on your GPS spoofer (i use location spoofer). Set location.
    2 open up Google Maps, and load it's map location. It should load your fake location. This will put the location into the android device.
    3.ensure this location matches that of your vpn .Mine are both set to los Angeles
    4 turn off GPS spoofer. close app
    5 disable "allow GPS mocking." look in applications, developer tools section

It works but each video takes a good minute to load.
    Hope this helps some of you

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

So will unblock us work on it ?

Hideman working for me on phone and hola on pc live stream working :)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭bboy123

is hola safe to use?

At least we won't get charged if we cancel before next monday. I might try that hola thing later to at least say I watched some of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Ok I read the T&C's.

Jurisdictional Issues

The Services are controlled and operated by or on behalf of WWE and its affiliates. We make no representation that materials or products offered on the Services are appropriate or available for use in any particular location. Those who choose to access the Services do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with all applicable national and local laws. Software and products downloaded or purchased from the Services are further subject to United States export controls. No software or products offered on the Services may be downloaded, shipped or otherwise exported or re-exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By purchasing products or downloading or using the Software offered on the Services, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.

So, are we ok?

• Advertisement

mxph3 wrote: »
    So, are we ok?

No Idea maybe someone should ask over in the Legal Discussion Thread :pac:

Advertisement