Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well seeing as it's the month of January and my birthday falls near enough to this event every year which happens to have the greatest non cage concept in professional wrestling. happy royal rumble month lads.

Just watching the 1992 royal rumble. :D it most certainly wasn't fair to flair. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Maybe it always happens but it's the first time I noticed it, after the rumble last night I went to watch a different rumble and it says due to broadcast regulations or something like that, it had a link like wwe.com/blackout and you have to wait 24 hours.

I understand you can't watch the 2017 rumble again straight away that makes sense but it wouldn't let me watch anything. Is this normal or just a mistake by the network. Seems to be all working perfect now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Maybe it always happens but it's the first time I noticed it, after the rumble last night I went to watch a different rumble and it says due to broadcast regulations or something like that, it had a link like wwe.com/blackout and you have to wait 24 hours.

I understand you can't watch the 2017 rumble again straight away that makes sense but it wouldn't let me watch anything. Is this normal or just a mistake by the network. Seems to be all working perfect now

Heard lots of people faced this problem, WWE screwed up and blocked everyone instead of just India. I watched some of the Rumble first thing this morning and it was fine

Reganio 2 wrote: »

You can watch any PPV straight away. It must have been a mistake.

• Advertisement

A new WWE 24 episode was shown on the network last night. It's great. It's about wrestlemania 32 but it expands on the women's one from last year. Once again it's very well done and we see the moment Vince and Shane have that Shane talked about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

The Mania 32 doc had a bit too much Triple H for my liking but there was some touching moments. Bit uncomfortable seeing Shane's wife and kids watching him take that crazy dive off the top of the Hell in a Cell - reminded me of Mankind in Beyond the Mat

oneilla wrote: »
    The Mania 32 doc had a bit too much Triple H for my liking but there was some touching moments. Bit uncomfortable seeing Shane's wife and kids watching him take that crazy dive off the top of the Hell in a Cell - reminded me of Mankind in Beyond the Mat

Well with nxt takeover and mania being both featured trips was always going to feature more than others.
    I loved Vince laughing at the new day. Also big E is a funny guy. I see that ryback wasn't shown :D and I also didn't know that Zack Ryder had such serious health issues when he was younger.

I thought Charlotte came across very well and genuine about how her brothers death both affected and changed her course in life.
    The part with Shane and Vince and Shane's wife and kids was nice to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Mania weekend for Triple H must of been absolutely exhausting as he was kept going between meetings, HOF, Nxt, match etc. Fair play to him for the work he does

Vince apparently sleeps very little and is a workaholic

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

Foley didnt have a crash mat though like Shane did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Full Marx wrote: »
    Foley didnt have a crash mat though like Shane did

That crash mat would mean nothing if Shane mistimed the jump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

sky88 wrote: »
    That crash mat would mean nothing if Shane mistimed the jump

The cage Shane came off was significantly higher than the one Mick came off as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Rod Munch wrote: »
    The cage Shane came off was significantly higher than the one Mick came off as well.

As mick has said many times he was in complete control for the moment he was thrown off and the bump through the cell was worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Is the network still useless on PS4?

I've been using an old iPhone and mirroring to my Apple TV but with the apps latest update I can't do that anymore. And on my iPhone 6 mirroring only sends sound not picture :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

PS4 is shocking. Keeps skipping back every couple of minutes.

I use a Fire TV Stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Shane was considerably older too.

Mick was 32, Shane was 46.

Not easy for a middle aged guy to take such massive bumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

gimmick wrote: »

I've been using an old iPhone and mirroring to my Apple TV but with the apps latest update I can't do that anymore. And on my iPhone 6 mirroring only sends sound not picture :rolleyes:

Royal Rumble started off a mess - aside from the usual 5 second skip back it was freezing for 10 seconds then coming back in 240p quality gradually working it's way back to HD. Then 10 mins later it'd freeze and the process repeated itself. This happened at least 5 times before they seemed to fix it and revert back to the usual 5 second skip back. Badly in need of chrome cast support

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

It was okay for me for a while but lately been patchy enough

Try and make sure you have a wired connection for PS4, everything was so much better when I switched to a wired connection

Fine for past events usually but live events are hit and miss, Rumble started off skipping and jumping but was perfect for final 2 hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The fact my old iphone no longer supports it is a mess. Was perfectly handy.

Dont understand why iphone 6 wont mirror over either.

Whats more :confused::confused::confused: is why the bloody hell Sony cannot get the network working properly on PS. Last years rumble, I sat down to watch. It skipped right to the end with HHH standing tall. Ruined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I sat down to watch. It skipped right to the end with HHH standing tall. Ruined.

That could be any show from the last 15 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,567 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Last years rumble, I sat down to watch. It skipped right to the end with HHH standing tall. Ruined.

I remember you saying that. I was gutted on your behalf!

Had to stop watching the network on any mobile device, limited to 3000k bitrate - for a paid service that's a disgrace!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I remember you saying that. I was gutted on your behalf!

Had to stop watching the network on any mobile device, limited to 3000k bitrate - for a paid service that's a disgrace!

I cancelled the network ages ago, nothing but skipping back and forth, dropping in quality, out of sync audio and even fatal errors. Watching ppvs live on the network was more of an endurance test of my patience with quality drops and skipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Sadly I can't watch PPVs live either despite a great internet connection. It's still so unreliable, I catch it Monday evening. Actually maybe it's a better connection on a console as I'm always trying it on my computer.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I have to say I've found the complete opposite on the PS4. Never given me a moment's bother during a live event. I have a wired connection now but in my old place I had it wireless and have never had a problem.

My wife was watching Netflix on the laptop while I was watching the Rumble and not a bit of trouble, I must be just lucky

I've got a PS4 upstairs and downstairs and both are wired direct to the Virgin modem (360mb).

It Still skipped back a few seconds every 20-30 mins for the Rumble. On both consoles.

I changed to the Fire Stick, which is a tiny device with very little processing power, running off wifi and there were no issues. I also never have issues on Chrome (laptop) or my iPhone. It's just the PS4 really that causes me issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Yeah I've said it before but never an issue with the network on PS4 and at this stage that's with 3 different ISPs (Virgin, Sky and Vodafone) 3 different apartments between Dublin and Cork and 2 different PS4 consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Is anyone else getting a picture squished into a 4:3 frame? I'm watching through my Samsung smart TV, by the way.

24 episodes of 2010 smackdown episodes are on the network which leaves just 52 episodes of 2011 and the rest of 2010 left to compete smackdown on the network.

I wonder what will be next to either resume being uploaded or something fresh. I'd love the old superstars to be put and some of the older territory stuff.

• Advertisement

WCW Thunder I suppose?

Advertisement