Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Is Chromecast any good with WWE Network?

Only downsizing is that on a tablet it forces to portrait mode. OTher than that it's fine

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I imagine were getting a few WWE 24 specials in the next few months

There's a Finn Balor and Kurt Angle editions coming soon

Going by the way the Goldberg/lesner video package from this week's raw was edited/produced it looked like we could be getting a Goldberg episode very soon too

Quite like WWE 24

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I imagine were getting a few WWE 24 specials in the next few months

There's a Finn Balor and Kurt Angle editions coming soon

Going by the way the Goldberg/lesner video package from this week's raw was edited/produced it looked like we could be getting a Goldberg episode very soon too

Quite like WWE 24

WWE have an advert on YouTube for the new shows.

Definitely a Goldberg episode, and also one called Wrestlemania Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Is the cost of the WWE Network still €12.99 a month in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Yes, it is. First month free for new accounts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Virtanen wrote: »
    Yes, it is. First month free for new accounts

I'm still using the US account I signed up with when it first launched. Saves about 3 quid a month at the current exchange rate and no need to get a VPN now.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,567 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I've just got an email offering me the next 3 months 5 PPV's for free if I return to the Network before April 3rd.

That is the second time they have given me 3 free months in the last 4 months.

I should add I was going to sign up on Friday anyway for one month to get WM and Payback.

Glad I held off.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well it seems that the next network upload is mid south wrestling.

It seems WWE is offering 3 months of the Network to current subscribers for the price of 1 so check your email over the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Was going to sign up for Mania anyway, but as of yet no new offer for me in my inbox. Will hold off until Sat to see if one comes my way.

I did sign back up before in December with 3 months for the price of one. Very odd offer considering most fans would sign up for Mania anyway.

• Advertisement

The WWE have now moved from papering live PPV's to papering Network subscriptions to give the kayfabe numbers for the Network a boost.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just getting the usual re-activate your subscription emails from WWE network, no special offers for me:(

seems to be a total luck of the draw if you get the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Been a subscriber from almost the start (including the not so legal ways) and have never received so much as a Thank You email from them.

People who cancel it all the time and get free months seem to have the right idea. They are so busy chasing the casual fans that they overlook the loyal ones but isn't that just WWE in a nutshell

TBF that's just the way of subscription services in general

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I think subscribers got a WWE shop discount during 1st anniversary of WWE Network.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I think subscribers got a WWE shop discount during 1st anniversary of WWE Network.

Yeah definitely got it at some stage. Not that I used it but it's the principle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Lads i'm looking to get the network for Mania, complete newbie though can someone tell me exactly how I go about ordering?

Ideally I just want it for the main show and i'll be getting rid again, is it easy to sign up and easy to get rid of it again?

Also I have seen that sometimes the network goes down during the PPV's is there a good chance ill order and not be able to watch?

Any advice on the steps would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Lads i'm looking to get the network for Mania, complete newbie though can someone tell me exactly how I go about ordering?

Ideally I just want it for the main show and i'll be getting rid again, is it easy to sign up and easy to get rid of it again?

Also I have seen that sometimes the network goes down during the PPV's is there a good chance ill order and not be able to watch?

Any advice on the steps would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

You go to wwe.com and go to the network section and just sign up.

If you're brand new you'll get the first month free. So even if you cancel you still have it for a month.

I does depend but I've had mostly good experiences with the network bar a few skips and freezing but it's not been a constant thing for me at least. I can't speak for others though. If there are issues the ppv is up nearly straight away after the show. So if worst comes to worst you can watch it back after.

Itssoeasy wrote: »

If you're brand new you'll get the first month free. So even if you cancel you still have it for a month.

I does depend but I've had mostly good experiences with the network bar a few skips and freezing but it's not been a constant thing for me at least. I can't speak for others though. If there are issues the ppv is up nearly straight away after the show. So if worst comes to worst you can watch it back after.

How long before they switch you on?

And say I subscribe for the first time, can you cancel before your free first month is up and avoid the 12.99 altogether?

How long before they switch you on?

And say I subscribe for the first time, can you cancel before your free first month is up and avoid the 12.99 altogether?
    Straight away.

Yes once you cancel before 30 days you don't pay.

• Advertisement

Straight away.

So in theory loads of new subscribers can sign up tomorrow and cancel monday morning just for the purposes of watching mania for nothing?

Straight away.

So in theory loads of new subscribers can sign up tomorrow and cancel monday morning just for the purposes of watching mania for nothing?
    Yes they could.but WWE are hoping that people sign up and either really like what they see or simply forget to cancel.

It's basically the wrestling equivalent of Netflix - sign up whenever you want, cancel whenever you want, first month free, loads of on-demand content, all you really need is a half-decent internet connection

On the subject of the Network going down, I'd suggest trying it on all compatible devices (laptop, PS4, tablet etc., there's no limit to the amount you can use it on) beforehand to see which one handles the live feed best. I personally find my laptop to be the most stable, but it seems to vary from person-to-person

It's basically the wrestling equivalent of Netflix - sign up whenever you want, cancel whenever you want, first month free, loads of on-demand content, all you really need is a half-decent internet connection

On the subject of the Network going down, I'd suggest trying it on all compatible devices (laptop, PS4, tablet etc., there's no limit to the amount you can use it on) beforehand to see which one handles the live feed best. I personally find my laptop to be the most stable, but it seems to vary from person-to-person

I've found my iPad to be superb baring the royal rumble this year but I think that was an across the board issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I always find it performs best on the Apple TV, and worst performance on the Xbox One for some reason.

ibFoxer wrote: »
    I always find it performs best on the Apple TV, and worst performance on the Xbox One for some reason.

Xbox One has been best for me. Apple TV was good as well when I had one. PS3 was abysmal. Not sure if it ever improved.

ordered it there and trying to watch royal rumble but im getting alot of the spinning refresh icon in the middle of the screen. good internet connection aswell

Netflix is working fine.

Does it take a while before you can use the app? I tried logging in on app and its not recognising same username and password i use to login on the computer

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

ordered it there and trying to watch royal rumble but im getting alot of the spinning refresh icon in the middle of the screen. good internet connection aswell

Netflix is working fine.

Does it take a while before you can use the app? I tried logging in on app and its not recognising same username and password i use to login on the computer

Is it wi-fi though? Strong or not I find nothing compares to Ethernet

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Is it wi-fi though? Strong or not I find nothing compares to Ethernet

yeah i'll try the ethernet make the connection even stronger

Should I be able to log in via the app straight away or does this take a while? I'm able to login on the computer but not via the app on the ps4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Xbox One has been best for me. Apple TV was good as well when I had one. PS3 was abysmal. Not sure if it ever improved.

Do you have the S Cactus? Because i haven't tried it on that for a live stream, always suffered with buffering on the original One.

Advertisement