Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Do you have the S Cactus? Because i haven't tried it on that for a live stream, always suffered with buffering on the original One.

Had a day one Xbox mate and upgraded to the S. Worked great on both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I've wifi, and never had any issues. Had the network since it launched in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I use it on the PS4, largely perfect. A few hiccups here and there.

Also have it on an Amazon Fire Stick, not great on this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Anyone know when the HOF will be available on demand

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

D.Q wrote: »
    Anyone know when the HOF will be available on demand

usually straight after its aired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Yes, every show is on demand from the second it airs. You can just watch from beginning or wait until it's over.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Michael Hays has said on Twitter he has filmed an episode of Table for Three with Eric Bischoff and Jim Cornette.

Eric and Jim had not spoken for 24 years prior. That could be amazing...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Michael Hays has said on Twitter he has filmed an episode of Table for Three with Eric Bischoff and Jim Cornette.

Eric and Jim had not spoken for 24 years prior. That could be amazing...

Yeah it could shame about Michael Hayes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Had let my subscription lapse for the last few months, got an email today offering nearly 3 months free if I came back, handy for the night that's in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looking forward too the upcoming WWE 24 episodes

Been a member since day 1 (had too use a fake US address and IP thing on my PS4 til it arrived in Ireland) get a lot more use out of it than I do with my Netflix account

• Advertisement

The Scott hall documentary "Living on a razors edge" will premiere today.

The Scott hall documentary "Living on a razors edge" will premiere today.

9pm Irish time according to the network schedule which is a nice time for the Irish fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Will they ever update primetime? It would be good to see weekly shows like primetime or superstars from 88 - 92.
    Is it copyright reasons why they have no shows from this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Will they ever update primetime? It would be good to see weekly shows like primetime or superstars from 88 - 92.
    Is it copyright reasons why they have no shows from this time?

Just time constraints and stuff.

When Mid-South, SMW, GWF, AWA and the like appeared people pointed out that most of this was stuff featuring WWE talent that had DVD releases with some of this footage - the point being it was previously digitized and approved.

Prime Time is different but they've gone back to upload Mid-South stuff not previously released.

Tends to be a bit random.

From the best that I can tell everything digitized for Network uploads (previously DVD release and 24/7) has to be viewed and combed for stuff that needs editing. (In general mind)

oneilla wrote: »
    Just time constraints and stuff.

When Mid-South, SMW, GWF, AWA and the like appeared people pointed out that most of this was stuff featuring WWE talent that had DVD releases with some of this footage - the point being it was previously digitized and approved.

Prime Time is different but they've gone back to upload Mid-South stuff not previously released.

Tends to be a bit random.

From the best that I can tell everything digitized for Network uploads (previously DVD release and 24/7) has to be viewed and combed for stuff that needs editing. (In general mind)

Cheers mate. What do you mean by time constraints. Is it just man power editing the old footage or is it licensing issues as it was syndicated. Its mad there's no weekly shows from the "hulkamania era" when wrestling started to go mainstream.

Time constraints most likely. All that footage has to be viewed and edited accordingly. I agree it's daft but here we are. Fact is WWE mindset is that the weekly shows of the famed "Attitude vs Nitro" took precedence, hence here we are with all Raws, Nitros and Smackdowns complete alongside the PPVs.

Some of Hogan's main programs of the 80s featured on Superstars and it'll be a good while imo before we see those full episodes.

All the Saturday Night Main Event shows are uploaded if that's any good to you.

I suspect much of the stuff you want to see could be available on YouTube because people uplaod things there en masse.

oneilla wrote: »
    Time constraints most likely. All that footage has to be viewed and edited accordingly. I agree it's daft but here we are. Fact is WWE mindset is that the weekly shows of the famed "Attitude vs Nitro" took precedence, hence here we are with all Raws, Nitros and Smackdowns complete alongside the PPVs.

Some of Hogan's main programs of the 80s featured on Superstars and it'll be a good while imo before we see those full episodes.

All the Saturday Night Main Event shows are uploaded if that's any good to you.

I suspect much of the stuff you want to see could be available on YouTube because people uplaod things there en masse.

Yeah i agree most of the storylines are covered in SNME as there were only 4 ppvs.
    Still think there missing a trick with primetime from 88-92. Some gold with Heenan and Monsoon.

Really disappointed with the Scott Hall and Eric Bischoff docs.

Both come in at under and an hour and Don't go into much detail.

Hall's WCW run is done in around 5 mins and Bischoff's WWE run the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

can anyone recommend any really good documentaries or shows on the network?

really enjoyed the attitude era and like the kinda backstage stuff.

cheers in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Blanco100 wrote: »

cheers in advance

The Monday night war series is very good and there's a lot of good docs in the beyond the ring section

• Advertisement

Blanco100 wrote: »

cheers in advance

The documentaries on Edge, Jericho, Bret Hart and Steve Austin are all good. THeyre located under "Originals -> Beyond The Ring". There's also a few short docs with interviews pieced together from other documentaries covering individual Wrestlemania matches and then the match is shown at the end. I enjoyedmtje Steve Austin vs Bret Hart one from Wresrlemania 13. It's under WrestleMania Rewind in the Originals section.

There's also a doc calles attitude era

They charged me last week for the Network, even though I cancelled right after Mania. Can't even log in to it, so I'm trying to get a refund. Anyone else encounter this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

They charged me last week for the Network, even though I cancelled right after Mania. Can't even log in to it, so I'm trying to get a refund. Anyone else encounter this?

That happened to my brother . They charged him straight away and he cancelled it. He hadn't signed up before either .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

I'm just posting in this thread to remind anyone who signed up for free in late March to cancel their subscription if they don't want to be charged for another month.

They do a validation charge a few days after signing up but cancel it soon after, I think? Maybe you cancelling just messed up the system some, I imagine emailing them direct will get a refund quick enough anyway?

They do a validation charge a few days after signing up but cancel it soon after, I think? Maybe you cancelling just messed up the system some, I imagine emailing them direct will get a refund quick enough anyway?

They're telling me to go to my bank and file a fraudulant claim deal.

Banks are nightmares to deal with in these cases, I'm going to let it slide.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Anyone got any favorite matches from the 2000s they would recommend? I wasn't watching during that period and I'd like to get a few items to add to my list on the network.

I've seen most of the wrestlemania stuff at this point so I'd be looking for matches on other ppvs or raw/smackdowns that are on the network or even storylines I could follow across multiple ppvs.

Anyone got any favorite matches from the 2000s they would recommend? I wasn't watching during that period and I'd like to get a few items to add to my list on the network.

I've seen most of the wrestlemania stuff at this point so I'd be looking for matches on other ppvs or raw/smackdowns that are on the network or even storylines I could follow across multiple ppvs.

Cactus jack vs triple h from royal rumble of 2000. The blood bah gawd.

2000 is a great year.

If you have time try start from the start of the year and work your way through it.

If not. Backlash 2000 is a great ppv from top to bottom. The atmosphere and crowd reactions during Rock Vs HHH are brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

I signed up for the free trail to watch Wrestlemania but loving the service so far . My free trial ends in a few days. Over the past few days I've watched loads on it so definitely thinking of signing up for it .

• Advertisement

The wwe are lashing through more prime time wrestling episodes going into 1988.

Advertisement