Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

oneilla wrote: »
    If Shawn's back wasn't knackered... I think theyd still want the title on Austin and at Mania but Shawn might've tried to pull some political shenanigans to save face, maybe demand a screw-up finish or something (well, Tyson's count was fast....)

Hogan always managed to make his biggest losses about him in the end - the evil twin ref in 87; stealing the spotlight from Warrior in the way he handed over the belt; the bizarre finish to the Starrcade 96 match. Shawn would probably have tried something similar. But he was apparently so messed up on whatever substances he was using that it seemed inevitable that he hit a wall.

To be fair to Shawn, he did business at WM14. He could have rightly dropped the title when he messed his back up but he didnt. He dropped it clean to Austin in the best match his back could let him.

I think Hogan is in a league of his own in terms of putting himself over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

beakerjoe wrote: »
    To be fair to Shawn, he did business at WM14. He could have rightly dropped the title when he messed his back up but he didnt. He dropped it clean to Austin in the best match his back could let him.

I think Hogan is in a league of his own in terms of putting himself over.

Shawn had form with refusing to put people over and lose titles. He had no cards to play at Mania other than hand back the belt like he'd done with his other fake injuries. My point was that if his back wasn't shagged then he'd have tried a power play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Shawn had form with refusing to put people over and lose titles. He had no cards to play at Mania other than hand back the belt like he'd done with his other fake injuries. My point was that if his back wasn't shagged then he'd have tried a power play.

Except for the whole losing his smile so he wouldnt have to drop to bret was there any other times he did this?

I know hes had plenty of tantrums and diva moments over the years but dont remember refusing the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

sky88 wrote: »
    Except for the whole losing his smile so he wouldnt have to drop to bret was there any other times he did this?

I know hes had plenty of tantrums and diva moments over the years but dont remember refusing the title.

I know he didnt want to drop the title to Vader and more or less ruined Vader as a top heel as a result of his moaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

sky88 wrote: »

Ha yes! Off the top of my head he dropped the IC title to Dean Douglas by forfeit at In Your House in 1995. Dropped the IC Title via being stripped for ''not defending it'' previous to this in a feud with Razor Ramon, leading to an ''undisputed'' IC ladder match. Had the tag title with Diesel stripped from him in and around this time too. Then the Fingerpoke of Doom with HHH for the European Title. Shawn has plenty of history not doing buisness the right way as far as losing titles are concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

As well as the refusal to do the job for Bret at Survivor Series.

Bret told him he'd be willing to drop the title to Shawn, Shawn said thanks, but i wouldn't do the same for you. So Bret said FU, and the whole thing ended in the screwjob

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

And let's not forget Davey Boy Smith dedicating his European Title victory at One Night Only in the UK to his dying relative. Came out in the media saying this as he was due to go over. Shawn vetoed it at the last minute making Bulldog look like a loser and letting his family down. HBK then went on to do precisley nothing with the European Title before mockingly dropping it to Hunter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Shawn boasted to the locker room in 1997 that he wasn't doing jobs anymore. Iirc WM14 was his first pinfall loss since Survivor Series 96 and first clean pin since Diesel at Mania 11

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jayus Shawn must of been some dickhead in his prime. He was a Fantastic wrestler but as a person I doing knw

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If Shawn's back wasn't knackered... I think theyd still want the title on Austin and at Mania but Shawn might've tried to pull some political shenanigans to save face, maybe demand a screw-up finish or something (well, Tyson's count was fast....)

Hogan always managed to make his biggest losses about him in the end - the evil twin ref in 87; stealing the spotlight from Warrior in the way he handed over the belt; the bizarre finish to the Starrcade 96 match. Shawn would probably have tried something similar. But he was apparently so messed up on whatever substances he was using that it seemed inevitable that he hit a wall.
    Of all the bollocks Hogan pulled, I think the worst one was changing the ending to the first World War 3 match in the middle of the fecking match. Ruined the moment for Savage, Hogan looked like a huge prick, and ended up pissing off the fans and getting everyone booed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Angron wrote: »
    Of all the bollocks Hogan pulled, I think the worst one was changing the ending to the first World War 3 match in the middle of the fecking match. Ruined the moment for Savage, Hogan looked like a huge prick, and ended up pissing off the fans and getting everyone booed.

I never heard this story or seen the match must look it up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

When will we get Goldberg 24 episode? it must be taking a long time to edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I don't blame them - there's so much match footage to go through. It could take them a while yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I'd say there's another match or 2 in Goldberg, I'd say if he is to come back again then it'll be aired around that time to hype him up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Neil3030 wrote: »
    I don't blame them - there's so much match footage to go through. It could take them a while yet!

It really shouldn't take that long at all.

Reckon Goldberg will be the headline inductie for the 2018 HOF and the doc may air around that time

Good chance they could air it after Survivor Series 2017, 1st anniversary of his WWE return ???

I think we're getting a wwe 24 doc on Mania 33 with big emphasis on the Hardyz Return sometime early 2018

Cancelled the network for the first time since it was launched :(

Just don't have the time to go through old raws and nitros and I ****ing hate the product at the moment.

Resubscribed to the network :P

I was actually using it a lot more than I realised whilst subscribed and missed it tbh especially as I was going through Raws and Nitros from the first night of Nitro onwards but work got very busy so just didn't have the time. Have a bit more time on my hands now with my job settling down after a busy summer.

Anyway there's a few sites reporting that WCW Thunder will be uploaded at the end of the month. Not sure if it will be all episodes or just 98 to start with.

One thing I'd like to see added are the non PPV big ECW shows especially from 95 and 96. I want to watch ECW TV but want the shows that their weekly show is building up to.

been a member since day 1 (Had the us version via VPN and fake address) but then they switched me over to Irish pricing when it came here

i use it a good bit, watch NXT every week, watch all the new stuff like docs etc and watch the live PPVs that come on it. dont rewatch old raws, nitros etc.

really wish wwe would long term subs a permanant 20% off voucher for wwe shop or something

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

PTH2009 wrote: »
    been a member since day 1 (Had the us version via VPN and fake address) but then they switched me over to Irish pricing when it came here

Dude let it lapse and re-sign up with Tunnel bear set to the US. Credit to SaveMeJebus!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

i use it a good bit, watch NXT every week, watch all the new stuff like docs etc and watch the live PPVs that come on it. dont rewatch old raws, nitros etc.

really wish wwe would long term subs a permanant 20% off voucher for wwe shop or something

How did they change you over ?

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    How did they change you over ?

cant remember 100% but i think the card i used went out of date and i had to type in the new card and they automatically changed it to irish pricing

I have 2 parasites using my account but i get first say on live ppvs :D (if not i change the password and dont tell em)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

First say? As in to watch them first?

Do you know you can watch on multiple devices at once? A friend and I do it all the time

Virtanen wrote: »
    First say? As in to watch them first?

Do you know you can watch on multiple devices at once? A friend and I do it all the time

I remember one time a message popped up on my TV app that too many devices were using this account and i hate to sign out of my account on all the devices I have the network app on (Some devices were not even signed in)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,144 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I got rid of sky so I am using the Network to watch the shows, so i am 4 weeks behind just watching Brooklyn Takeover 3 before watching Summerslam, i do manage to stay spoiler free just never go on news sites or look up anything else

I got rid of sky so I am using the Network to watch the shows, so i am 4 weeks behind just watching Brooklyn Takeover 3 before watching Summerslam, i do manage to stay spoiler free just never go on news sites or look up anything else

If your anyway tech savy There's ways of getting hold of WWE TV shows

• Registered Users Posts: 22,144 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

If your anyway tech savy There's ways of getting hold of WWE TV shows

I know of ways to do it but just could not be bothered, so making use of my £9.99 spend a month lol

I know of ways to do it but just could not be bothered, so making use of my £9.99 spend a month lol

Imo NXT is worth A quarter of the sub price l

Some of it would the main card to shame, some talented stars in NXT

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/update-wwe-24-goldberg-episode-wcw-star-retire-soon

WWE 24 Goldberg to air in November, prob be Survivor Series week

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/update-wwe-24-goldberg-episode-wcw-star-retire-soon

WWE 24 Goldberg to air in November, prob be Survivor Series week

Just got three months free . Signed up for wrestlemania month free cancelled , now another 3 months free :)

• Advertisement

Got an email to do a survey about things you would like to see if a new premium price was introduced that would introduce extra stuff on the network.

Some of the more interesting choices (this was exactly how they were worded)

TV-14 in-ring show - A new weekly version of ECW or another new promotion rated TV-14

TNA - Historic and new programming from TNA/GFW

ROH - Historic and new programming from ROH

Download to go - Ability to download shows and watch offline.

Alternate audio - Choose your favourite commentator team - For instance you can hear "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Jerry Lawler call a live PPV.

Some awful ideas like "original scripted comedies" including WWEs version of "the office".

Advertisement