Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Alternate audio - Choose your favourite commentator team - For instance you can hear "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Jerry Lawler call a live PPV.

Oh I'd love that with Bret Hart & Jim Cornette. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Download and watch offline is surely something they'll bring, purely just for parity with other services.

Be dog handy for flights etc as well.

I actually think the alternate audio thing would work really well but with classic play by play guys or classic teams.

You always hear people saying they'd love to have JR and King etc back commentating so it could give them that option. I'm sure there's even some fans that would like to hear Tony Schiavone and Mike Tenay or Joey Styles call a ppv again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yea I got that survey too. Interesting stuff. I’d love a new tv-14 weekly style show. And the alternative commentary would be class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Got an email to do a survey about things you would like to see if a new premium price was introduced that would introduce extra stuff on the network.

Some of the more interesting choices (this was exactly how they were worded)

TV-14 in-ring show - A new weekly version of ECW or another new promotion rated TV-14

TNA - Historic and new programming from TNA/GFW

ROH - Historic and new programming from ROH

Download to go - Ability to download shows and watch offline.

Alternate audio - Choose your favourite commentator team - For instance you can hear "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Jerry Lawler call a live PPV.

Some awful ideas like "original scripted comedies" including WWEs version of "the office".

New Japan was listed as a choice too, as was "WWE's version of Game of Thrones" (?!)

• Advertisement

Pentecost wrote: »
    New Japan was listed as a choice too, as was "WWE's version of Game of Thrones" (?!)

Forgot about the GOTs idea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Forgot about the GOTs idea :D

That would be horrible beyond believe

Seth Rollins would be the actual Kingslayer, could see Jinder Mahel being the king of the east, Strowman and Big Show the monster giant guys, Lana a princess and could see Nevile being a troll type creature

Please God they don't do it and really destroy there credibility . We don't need dramas or original scripted comedy enough of that on the Tv shows

Like the idea of broadcasting live events, WWE vs NXT, Life on the road, free wwe shop shipping, pre sale ticket access

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Just another way for Vince to introduce his incest storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Could they just turn NXT into TV-14 show? since the show has always appealed to smarks rather than casual fans.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Like the idea of broadcasting live events, WWE vs NXT

I did like the idea of broadcasting live events until you realise there's nothing ever at steak at a house show or no storyline development, there's plenty of WWE programming as it is without watching a 2 or 3 hour event that essentially doesn't advance the product in anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I was in favour of "Original scripted comedies" because it mentioned Southpaw :pac:

While I wasn't overly surprised to see TNA mentioned given all the rumours of WWE buying their video library over the last year or so, it was a bit odd to see them mention NJPW and ROH. I wonder would "alternate commentary" include JBL's commentary on one of the One Night Stand shows. I'd definitely be interested in the download to watch later option, which I think is something Netflix does now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Some awful ideas like "original scripted comedies" including WWEs version of "the office".

That got my highest vote.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    That got my highest vote.

You'd pay a few quid extra a month (for a premium version) mainly for "original scripted comedies"?

I hope more people didn't vote the same :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Could they just turn NXT into TV-14 show? since the show has always appealed to smarks rather than casual fans.

My initial thought was NXT is pretty much already there.

The problem is they think to appeal to adults, they need blood, sex, etc. NXT shows you can appeal to an older audience by just having a diverse, well trained roster, with strong character development (something the main shows have NONE of) and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

You'd pay a few quid extra a month (for a premium version) mainly for "original scripted comedies"?

I hope more people didn't vote the same :D

Not exclusively for that but I'd prefer some self-depreciating comedy than a bunch of house shows which no one would watch. My main votes went to other promotions (PROGRESS etc), VR stuff, alternative commentary and a bunch of other things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

More live stuff would be good. They could shoot some angles etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Anyone who doesn't want them to make WWE versions of 'The Office' and 'Game Of Thrones' is mental. We already have Progress, TNA, ROH. There out there. ROH do a terrible job of archiving stuff but I'd still rather they exist than get swallowed up by WWE.

I'd rather see them do a decent version of a wrestling show first.

I'd rather see them do a decent version of a wrestling show first.

Sports Entertainment... people don't tune in to watch any of that silly Wrasslin'

• Registered Users Posts: 29,047 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How about a post Smackdown show where they all talk smack?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Forget to cancel after my free month, now that I paid for it going to watch some stuff and get my money worth.

Watched NXT today. Enjoyed the main event. Not sure the direction with the women is yet.
    Might be too early for Cole & Co to get attacked,
    the NWO this group is not

I saw an ad for an ECW show with Paul Heyman, Taz, Dudleys talking about ECW in a panel format. I can't find it, Anyone knows the name?

Seems like Bring it the table is gone. The last one was in July.

I would gladly pay for the network if I could get Progress shows and the rest on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

I saw an ad for an ECW show with Paul Heyman, Taz, Dudleys talking about ECW in a panel format. I can't find it, Anyone knows the name?
    The Authentic Untold Story of ECW

http://network.wwe.com/video/v1213470583

• Registered Users Posts: 60,563 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I didn't get a free offer this time but they have offered 1 month for 99 cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I got an email today offering me three months for free.

Signed up, and immediately cancelled.

Have it free until 03/01/2018 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I got an email today offering me three months for free.

Signed up, and immediately cancelled.

Have it free until 03/01/2018 now.

You should of waitied until the end of the month to cash that in, you would of got the Rumble for free too

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

beakerjoe wrote: »
    You should of waitied until the end of the month to cash that in, you would of got the Rumble for free too

The offer expires on Sunday. I got the e-mail as well, they're selling it as getting all PPVs free for the rest of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,563 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Madusa doc is fantastic.

From PWinsider regarding Thunder and Heat being added.

"PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources that a decision was made to hold off on the WCW Thunder series being added to the WWE Network. We were not able to 100% confirm why but it is likely because of the ongoing legal issues with Buff Bagwell and Scott Levy suing the company regarding the company not paying royalties on WWE Network material for content that talents would receive royalties for if it was released via physical media, such as DVDs. I speculated on this in an article earlier this week and this morning, confirmed the company specifically made a decision to not release Thunder (which is 100% ready to go, we are told) and instead release World Class Championship Wrestling episodes instead. WCCW was already slated to be the October "classic content" and we are told that the Network will be promoting the WCCW drop with an "Everything Bigger in Texas" theme.

Sunday Night Heat, which was slated to be added before the end of the year, is also now on the backburner, we are told."

• Registered Users Posts: 22,144 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

What I hate is they spoil Raw and Smackdown if you watch new episodes for the 1st time on the network. They spoiled the return of Jericho and Bobby Rode being on Smackdown by having them as the pictures for that episode

• Advertisement

Is the lack of Superstars and Challenge to do with Jesse Ventura?

Advertisement