Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Is the lack of Superstars and Challenge to do with Jesse Ventura?

Nope. His commentary is on other shows on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Early 90's installments of both (as well as SNME and Prime Time) is what I am really waiting for to be uploaded. I guess they just have to pace things a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Reebrock wrote: »
    Early 90's installments of both (as well as SNME and Prime Time) is what I am really waiting for to be uploaded. I guess they just have to pace things a bit.
    All SNMEs are on the network along with a good lot of prime time wrestling up to 1989 sometime.

Bagwell is on nitro episodes so I doubt thunder apparently not being up their has anything to do with him being on them.

I think the issue with superstars is that someone trademarked the name superstars of wrestling before WWF did which is why it's blurrred out on some prime time episodes. The wrestling challenge I've no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,563 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd love to see the WWE use people like Bill Apter to talk about the history of wrestling and use PWI as it has so much they could offer from their archives.

Just watching an old episode of RAW and Mini Vader, Mini Mankind and Mini Goldust are on it and I forgot how good the Mini's were.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    All SNMEs are on the network along with a good lot of prime time wrestling up to 1989 sometime.

Bagwell is on nitro episodes so I doubt thunder apparently not being up their has anything to do with him being on them.

I think the issue with superstars is that someone trademarked the name superstars of wrestling before WWF did which is why it's blurrred out on some prime time episodes. The wrestling challenge I've no idea.
    I don't think the SNME's are up in full, although I'd never be happier to be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I don't think the SNME's are up in full, although I'd never be happier to be wrong.

Forty one episodes were made as far as I know and 41 episodes are on the network. There are different opening and closing music for some early episodes due to rights issues but the matches are all there and interviews.

I'll have to have a look mate, cheers.

Looking forward to "WWE 24: Goldberg" being uploaded after Raw tonight! I'll give it a watch tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looking forward to "WWE 24: Goldberg" being uploaded after Raw tonight! I'll give it a watch tomorrow night.

Really enjoyed it and deff worth a watch

I was amazed even though he looked jacked on the night of his return he was actually a but unfit and had train a few times a day too get in ring shape. He seems like a sound dude but I'd hate to be on his bad side

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Krooshma

PTH2009 wrote: »

Really enjoyed it and deff worth a watch

I was amazed even though he looked jacked on the night of his return he was actually a but unfit and had train a few times a day too get in ring shape. He seems like a sound dude but I'd hate to be on his bad side

It was very interesting.. I think he defientely eluded to having mental health problems relating anger anxiety and so on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Goldberg went up in my estimation after watching that, which it should I suppose if it was made any way well.

It was a good show, his wife came across really well. Big Bill came across liked a mixed bag and like the return was good for him overall. Seems like a smart man and happy to see he looks like he is in a good place in life.

Also a much better talker than I ever realised.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I enjoyed the documentary too. Bill seems quite a quick-witted guy. That was a particularly nice save when his son falls over while attempting to join him in the ring. "He's even taking bumps now which is one more than I ever took".

One thing that's noticeable about these WWE productions though is how they try to spin the narrative to suit them. You are given the impression that Bill was distant and uncooperative towards the big WWE family. They fail to mention that WWE had screwed with the WCW guys during the Invasion angle which had put Sting off so much that he kept away from them for a decade afterwards. A guy like Bill would have to be wary after that, especially when they started tinkering with his character - the Goldust wig for example. They also don't mention that they began asking Bill to work more dates than he had agreed in his initial contract and when he refused, they began moaning and claiming he was acting like a big shot.

Got an email in error about signing up for a free month (even though I'm a payed subscriber). They sent me another one after it saying sorry about that and thanking me for being a paid member since day 1

Anyway there's a new series starting after Survivor Series called WWE 365 and follows a superstar around for a year. First episode is Kevin Owens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Got an email in error about signing up for a free month (even though I'm a payed subscriber). They sent me another one after it saying sorry about that and thanking me for being a paid member since day 1

Anyway there's a new series starting after Survivor Series called WWE 365 and follows a superstar around for a year. First episode is Kevin Owens

I got the same email. Felt like a slap in the face for being a long term subscriber.

Loughc wrote: »
    I got the same email. Felt like a slap in the face for being a long term subscriber.

Yeah they should give us 20% off wwe shop or something. We're getting stung for being long term really

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

New series, WWE 365, is live now. Follows Kevin Owens for a year, from Summerslam to Summerslam.

Pretty interesting. Kevin seems like the kind of guy that's never happy with his performance, however good it might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Vince was as unimpressed by Owens vs Jericho as most were.
    Thought he was honest at times but at other moments like how he won/lost the Universal title were company narrative & stood out more in the wrong way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Haha as a lapsed subscriber, I checked my email, 3 free months.

Just got an Email 3 months for €0.99 cent a Cyber Monday deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Just got an Email 3 months for €0.99 cent a Cyber Monday deal.

I let my Sub expire since it's pretty much terrible to watch these days, took the 99c though, wanted to see AJ/Brock.

It wasn't even that good.

I took it to watch the War Games match and it was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's on my list

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It's on my list

The List of Jerichoholic?

Seriously, that whole Takeover is an amazing show. Hope you watch and enjoy.

It's on my list

Brilliant. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

I let my Sub expire since it's pretty much terrible to watch these days, took the 99c though, wanted to see AJ/Brock.

It wasn't even that good.
    Maybe a stupid question, I got the email for three months to but it was for 99c in dollars and Ireland is not an option to sign up, did ye have this issue

I got the email, and i'm a current subscriber.

I've been subscribing since the US launch, with no break in subs

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I got the email, and i'm a current subscriber.

I've been subscribing since the US launch, with no break in subs

They'll email you again saying it was a mistake.

Happend to me a couple of weeks ago.

Just watched table for 3 with Finn and the Hardy's I could have listened to them for hours 20 minutes was way too short.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Just watched table for 3 with Finn and the Hardy's I could have listened to them for hours 20 minutes was way too short.

Did not know this was a thing, better check it out.

Advertisement